The Walking Dead @ Comic-Con: Season 5 Premiere Date Revealed — Watch Explosive First Trailer

The cast and EPs of AMC’s The Walking Dead came together Friday at San Diego Comic-Con — sans zombies, thankfully — for several major Season 5 announcements, including the premiere date: Sunday, Oct. 12, at 9/8c.

Leading out of that will be the season premieres for Talking Dead (at 10 pm) and then Comic Book Men (at midnight). TWD‘s season will again be split into two halves, with the second eight episodes dropping in February 2015.

RELATED First Walking Dead Season 5 Photo: Has Rick Made It Out Alive? And Where’s Everyone Else?

But first thing’s first: The gang will get out of the train car eventually, though showrunner Scott Gimple isn’t quite ready to say when. He screened a fake (albeit hilarious) clip from “Episode 515,” which found Rick and his fellow train riders feasting on each other. (It becomes “Cheers mixed with Terminus,” Gimple joked.)

“Once they lost the prison, all bets were off,” Gimple said, getting serious. “They did find out that you can’t come back from the things that you’ve done. … This season is going to define these characters. … We’re going to see the story of Terminus. We’re going to see how it happened.”

“We’ll probably revisit a few places you’ll recognize … but there are new worlds being introduced as well,” added exec producer Greg Nicotero.

Another hot topic was Beth’s whereabouts. Emily Kinney couldn’t reveal what her character is up to, but did say, “[Beth’s] gotten a lot stronger. We’ve seen her lose her father and leave the farm where she grew up. [Daryl] really taught her some survival skills. She’s lived a little now. She’s not just an innocent teenager anymore.”

RELATED The Walking Dead Season 5 Adds The Wire Vet

And for all you “readers” out there, Robert Kirkman assured the audience that Season 5 will stick “pretty close to the comics.”

As for new faces coming on board for Season 5, EP Dave Alpert confirmed that The Wire‘s Seth Gilliam is joining the show as Father Gabriel Stokes.

The Season 5 preview trailer (above) previewed the gang’s battle against the Termites, including a massive explosion and a clear mission: “When we get to Washington, we will make the dead die and the living will have this world again.”

1. A Fan says:

WOW! Awesome trailer. Can-not-wait!

2. Laura says:

ahh, eveyones alive!

3. Mark says:

And yet again region blocked even though this has a world wide following.. Not like your showing nuclear secrets…. People around the world do love and follow this show, blocking it to one region just adds to the hate….. Live in the 21st century region blocking is a tool for dinosaurs and scared old network exec’s….

4. Denise Rambo says:

When I click on the trailer I get a message saying “The uploader has not made this video available in your country.” I’m in PENNSYLVANIA!

• Jay Cielo says:

I CHANGE MY LOCATION IN YOUTUBE..LOL

• Aubree Ward says:

Are you using an a site or program to hide/cover your IP address? I’ve found that this often interfere’s with some sites and access to common information, links, etc. Also check your internet and computer settings for your location, etc. You can also try calling your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask them to check on your regional settings in you account information. Good luck! :o)

5. wrstlgirl says:

Holy smokes that’s an awesome trailer. JUDITH!!!! And what the heck did Beth get herself into??

6. msnyder1985 says:

Great trailer! Now how many more days until the show actually starts again?

7. Bri says:

I can’t wait! I’m already nervous…

Yes for the Sigur Ros love!

8. OMG that was insane!!

9. Azerty says:

Oh excuse me, I tought it was the WORLD Wide Web

10. Lena says:

It’s sad that the producers are pushing aside a great character like Michonne. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. I honestly don’t care about what happens to Beth. I want to know about Michonne, Maggie, and Carol.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m confused. Why do you think they are pushing her aside. Did I miss something?

• K8 says:

Good for you, but I happen to enjoy Beth. Hooray that Beth is alive (for now)!

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ve never had a problem with Beth. I have a feeling I’m gonna love the mature, stronger Beth. Go get it girl!!!!

• Lena says:

Good for you, but not everyone will share your opinion. I stand on what I originally wrote. Beth could fall off a cliff and it wouldn’t matter to me. Now do you have something useful to remark on, other than being offended because I dislike your favorite character? Bye.

• Moment says:

Michonne hasn’t been pushed aside at all. TWD has a large cast, they have a lot to deal with, including Carols return.

• I totally agree with you, their the ones I watch it for, though I do like Beth and Tara too! Maggie and Michonne are my favorites of all, then Carol, sure I like Daryl but he isn’t the reason I watch it like most other woman! Oh I also like Sasha as well!

11. Joey Padron says:

Great trailer. Can’t wait to see new season in October!

12. Bill says:

No Jesus yet? Looks good

13. Meredith says:

I really really really don’t want to meet Lucille!

14. Linda Magoon says:

I love the Walking Dead! The stories and the cast. Why is the season being split in halve? I’m like alot of others, I hate to wait.

15. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

OH SH*T!!!!!!!!!!……….I think Beth is not @ Terminus I believe she’s somewhere else, as for everyone else glad they’re alive and Rick HOLDING Judith! But I did not see Carol only Tyrese so……….what the hell? They all need to get the F outta there and go to Washington! October 12 hurry up!

16. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

*Watched trailer again saw Carol.

17. Lorrie says:

Who is the bloody face in the grass?

18. worthymagic says:

How much longer can the EMMYS ignore the show with the HIGHEST ratings in television? Maybe what needs to be done is to lock all these geniuses who make the nominations in a room and let in a bunch of walkers. If they did that, It might be the highest rated show ever. Now that it looks like there CAN’T be any more nominations for Breaking Bad and Mad Men(nominated way more than it should have ever been) maybe The Walking Dead will get its due next year.

19. AngieD says:

CAN NOT WAIT!!

20. Tom says:

Looks like the one black guy (can’t remember his name) that talks about Washington early in the trailer doesn’t make it. He’s in nothing past that scene

21. faheem says:

Is season 5 the final season of the Walking dead?

22. Jenny says:

I love th.e walking dead. And I can’t wait to see more. This is the best show and I love the work that went In to it