MTV Renews Teen Wolf for Season 5

teen-wolf-derek-peter

Just as sure as the full moon will rise again, Teen Wolf will be back for Season 5 — and it’s going to be a big one.

MTV announced today at San Diego Comic-Con that its hair-raising thriller has been renewed for fifth season that will span 20 episodes (and be split into two parts).

That’s good news for fans of the show, considering Season 4 — which is currently airing — will only last a comparably pithy 12 episodes.

1. Mike R. says:

And Baby Dylan is a regular. Not going to lie I’m happy about that.

2. ggny says:

Any news on Finding Carter getting a second season?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLine keeps no secrets.

• ggny says:

Any news on the chances of Finding Carter getting a second season? =D

• johnhelvete says:

Not an expert but the ratings have been higher (assuming that the higher number of total viewers are in the target demo of 12-34) than Faking It without the benefit of having a lead in. Unless the ratings completely tank for the next 8 episodes, I think it will be renewed for a 12 episode second season.

• Mike R. says:

To be fair can you really call Awkward a great lead in nowadays.

• As of Right Now It dont Look Like it the premiere had 1.65 Million Viewers but the last episode had only 1.22 Million Viewers They dropped 0.43 Million Viewers So Right Now i Can Go ahead and say That Finding Carter May Go On The On the Bubble List But Probably Leaning Towards Cancellation I AM NOT A EXPERT

• Mike R. says:

It is doing fine, unless it tanks in the coming weeks I’ll be shocked if MTV doesn’t give it a second season. This is just a educated guess, but it is doing solid for an MTV drama. Not Teen wolf numbers, but none of the MTV scripted shows would be renewed if they were compared to TW. Also it is only 4 episodes into its freshman run, it is probably too soon for MTV to make a decision.

3. FatherOctavian says:

I’m reading in some places that Shelley Hennig won’t be back as a regular for season five. Is that true? Malia’s been one of my favorite characters this run of episodes.

• Linda says:

I hope it’s true. Nothing against Shelley. I just can’t stand her character.

• Mike R. says:

No truth to it as of now. I doubt they would have signed her as a regular if they only planned on her sticking around one season.

4. Excellent news. I wonder how it’s going to be split. Each half having 10 episodes or it will be a consecutive full story with 20 episodes.

5. Ariana says:

I’m so happy that there will be a season 5 ! I never want teenwolf to end it’s the BEST show ever ! I love you all teen wolf casts .❤️ Tyler posey tyler Hoechlin Dylan o’brien holland roden & the rest !

6. Sheree m says:

How great love this show

7. Idalmis says:

Nooo they can’t only do 12 episodes for this season is too good for only 12 they have to do more…..

8. Sandra Osborne says:

I Can’t Wait For Season 5 Season 4 Is Great Love All The Actors Y’all R Awesome

9. When will season 5 be out?

10. Bee Rivera says:

well im glad that this is happening because i am a grown women and i do not miss an episode because the action and the adventure in it especially my baby Derick…. But anyway this is a good thing. Hey this is the best series for people of all ages. The best thing about it is the different powers that each one has its awesome keep up the good work and thanks for the entertainment.

Bee Rivera

11. nicole says:

Why in the world would they only make season 4 12 episodes??? It’s not Game Of Thrones…. So disappointed

12. Tran says:

Don’t know how its star Tyler Posey is going to fare as host at this year’s Teen Choice Awards.

13. Yes love this show never miss it.

14. Ray says:

This show was best when it was just 12 episodes per season. Bloated seasons are rank will filler and poorly conceived and executed story lines.

• Dalia says:

Season 4, the one currently airing is 12 episodes long and season 3 was divided into 2 parts with different plots so I don’t see your point.

• brutjes says:

Well said….and it was 1 of the best story lines….and since it went soooo good I thought they would do the same this time around….oh well

• Ray says:

Season 3 sucked. It may have been divided into two parts, but it was all conceived and pitched to the same network at the same time. The difficulty of coming up with 24 episodes was quite evident as much of the story was convoluted, made little sense and the overall quality of the show took a huge dip. That is my point.

• Anthony says:

Season 3 was by far the best that I’ve seen in this show, although I loved and enjoyed them all. I’m not sure what show you were watching Ray, but Season 3, with styles as the nogitsune (I apologize for any possible misspelling), was AMAZING!!

• Anthony says:

Oh and the show never took a huge dip. Again, not sure what show you’re watching. Teen Wolf keeps getting better and better! :)

• It made perfect sense if you kept your eyes open and actually paid attention. Bit of a novelty for television I know, but there you are.

• raheem says:

yea thats true

15. alistaircrane says:

There’s no winter half-season for Teen Wolf this year?!?!

16. Mariyam says:

I am seriously so happy that teen wolf Season 5 is, I Just donno why dont hate any of them in this serial, not even villians……awww the best is Derick…..his just so nice……love him 😍😙

17. cool says:

Wow, I’m surprised, I didn’t think they were going to do that again, because the showrunner said the whole two-seasons-in-one-year thing was too much work. Don’t get me wrong, more Teen wolf is always a good thing, I just hope the quality stays up. This is good news though.

18. ELLIE.W says:

OMGGGG!!! cant wait until season 5 TEEN WOLF YAASSSSSS!!!!!!!

19. Wendy says:

When will it start

20. Cary says:

YESSSSSS im am sooo happy there comming out with a season 5 for teen wolf i love the show

21. As of Right Now It dont Look Like it the premiere had 1.65 Million Viewers but the last episode had only 1.22 Million Viewers They dropped 0.43 Million Viewers So Right Now i Can Go ahead and say That Finding Carter May Go On The On the Bubble List But Probably Leaning Towards Cancellation

22. Erin Nash says:

I’m so happy about this! I’m really enjoying this season and I hope that season 5 is just as amazing! Season 3 was good but kind of a drag, especially the first half. The story lines were great, but I felt that the characters were missing, well, their character. It’s been lovely seeing them go back to their roots with lacrosse, it was definitely needed this season!

23. Awww yeah! Big fan of the show and can’t wait for season 5!

24. Ntape says:

That’s nice looking forward to season 5!

25. Nicole Oliveira says:

How can I audition for teen wolf if I live outside the Us?

26. Nicole Oliveira says:

How can I audition for teen wolf if I live outside the US?

27. sophie says:

i am so in love with teen wolf and you guys have to keep coming with the season and do not stop love you guys. F.Y.I Aiden, Ethan, Scott and Stiles make a great team including Lydia

28. Episode eight is about to come on preview scott dies so my question is will scott be in season 5

29. micheal says:

Yea theres going to be a 5th season

30. Sierra says:

Yay I’m so exited

31. Sierra says:

Yay I’m so exited can’t wait

32. Nicole t says:

I hope they keep derek im as he is my favourite character apart from scott as read he might not be in season 5 i think a lot of viewers would be lost if he died

33. alpha mcall says:

i love teen wolf i havent missed a single episode if i could be in any of the wolf packs i would be in scotts pack no matter what

34. Ajanami says:

The show is awsome hope there are gonna be more seasons

35. Joselin says:

Omggg yes love it yesss my baes💕🐾🙊

36. Chris says:

Oh, and I REALLY HOPE Tyler Hoechlin is coming back. Here’s hoping season 4 gives us some answers already.

37. Jordan says:

I so want to act on this show. I need that in my life lol

38. I can’t wait for the new season 5 so bring it on good job to all the cast and crew

39. cathy says:

thank god people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!

40. Nia says:

Derek is so cute I would kiss him

41. Marissa says:

I LOVE teen wolf it is the BEST show in the world. Please continue teen wolf like FOREVER

42. bmam99 says:

when season 5 starts?

43. Jaycie says:

When does season 6 begin?

44. Loon says:

im so read for season 5 so ready :]

OMG SO READDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. kehinde says:

Teen wolf has been a tremendous movie for this generation to watch.you guys are unbelievable.love you guys.

46. Loon says:

guys im ready for season 5

47. Loon says:

who skype?

48. brianpratton says:

My name is brian im 16 I have to be in Teen Wolf because its a really good show my mom and my grandma in drama class

49. brianpratton says: