Comic-Con

Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'

The questions were as burning hot as the men when Penny Dreadful‘s triple threat of Josh Hartnett, Harry Treadaway and Reeve Carney scared up a visit to TVLine’s San Diego Comic-Con video suite.

RELATED Penny Dreadful Season 1 Finale Recap: Fangs for the Memories

With the Season 1 finale barely a month old, TVLine’s Michael Ausiello invited the fellas to tackle a flurry of pressing topics, including the ramifications of Ethan’s true identity (Is he also harboring another dark secret?), whether the good doctor Frankenstein is indeed a virgin (and if his third creature might be “the charm”), and what the Ethan/Dorian hook-up was truly about (other than being the first step in a possible Season 2 “bang-fest”).

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

The gents also made time to reflect on castmate Eva Green’s powerhouse performance during the early-season séance, for which Carney had a front row seat! Press play to hear all they had to say.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Interviews, Video

1. MotorCityGirl says:

I know you’re a journalist, but bravo to you, Michael, for being able to sit there with out drooling! What a gorgeous, talented group of men.

2. Tran says:

Fingers crossed for Season Two.

3. Et al says:

This interview has far too much clothing.

4. Ian says:

The Ethan/Dorian hookup talk was so awkward! But I loved it. And “bangfest,” lol. I did think there very well could be an Ethan/Vanessa/Dorian threesome int he 2nd season, so let’s hope that’s in the cards.
    And Harry looks so adorable-sexy with that beard. I so wanted to tear his clothes off. Victor needs some of that kind of action in the next season.
    I wish Michael had asked Josh about Ethan’s exorcism though.
    And one more thing to take from this – Eva Green is a goddess *mic drop*

• Temperance says:

I was a bit shocked – Harry is so much hotter in real life! And even stranger, he’s a twin, and his twin is also a very (very) successful actor.

5. LABete says:

Thanks so much for this interview! I too love Penny Dreadful. Such a charming cast for such a dark series. It’s funny how little they know even about things that happened to their characters last season, lol! I’m sure we’re all in for some great reveals next season. I can’t wait–let the “bang-fest” begin!

6. Rainy says:

I absolutely adore this show and it’s way, way too long to go until season 2 comes along. Torture. I love these three guys so much, too, I love how well they understand their characters.

7. Temperance says:

Penny Dreadful – my favorite new show in years.

8. redgirl876 says:

Can’t wait for season two Just hope the high ups don’t cancel yet another good series

9. Brigid says:

Such a great show! I’m so glad I took the chance to watch it. I forgot it was on and decided to watch it on a whim. I liked it instantly. Here’s to season 2 and finding out how Ethan subdued Vanessa’s demon. That is still my biggest question.

10. anngorah says:

I’m very happy to be able to carry on talking up this great new show to everyone I know. I love the cast and enjoyed this interview. Basically, can’t get enough and pleased to see the efforts well represented at comic-con.