Exclusive

The Mentalist Casts Make It or Break It's Josie Loren as (Potential) Regular

Josie Loren The Mentalist

The Mentalist is adding to its ranks in Season 7, casting Make It or Break It star Josie Loren in a major recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED Fall TV Preview: Photos and Video From 50+ New Shows

Loren will play Michelle Vega, the newest addition to Patrick Jane’s FBI crew. She’s a rookie fresh out of the FBI Academy: eager, ambitious, hungry to learn. She’s never heard of Jane, knows nothing of his methods or past, and casts a skeptical eye on his unorthodox, rule-busting ways.

Loren — whose deal includes a series regular option — will partly fill the void left by original cast members Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti, who exited the series in the spring.

The Mentalist is slated to return to CBS’ schedule at midseason.

1. Dude says:

LOVE HER! Don’t buy her as a cop but she was the best part of Make it Or Break It.

2. Matt says:

I love her too. I may start watching this show again just for her.

3. Gerry Haines says:

Just to tired of shows just adding to add, or to change the dynamics. I liked Owain and Amanda, they were perfect in the show.

• ChicagoDan says:

Older shows have to trim original cast members for budget reasons. It’s the only way to make them work. Look at SVU with the cast purge of past three seasons. They are now operating at S8 financial levels instread of finishing S14.

• Mae says:

Why did they leave? I enjoyed them on the show very much.

4. JJM says:

Wasn’t the point of Emily Swallow and Rockmond Dunbar to “fill the void” of Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti?

• Shaun says:

Rock probly dropping to recurring.

• prish says:

Oh, no, don’t say that! He’s the best thing that has happened to the show (the pain of losing Yeoman and Righetti aside), since if there has to be change, I was ecstatic over his character’s development. He makes the show a fun watch, again. Please, let it be that he will stay a series regular, on every episode, etc.

5. JJM says:

Calling that she’s a love interest for either Cho or Wylie… Still, I’m kinda shipping Kim and Cho…

• zaza says:

I’d be okay if she ends up being a love interest for Cho. He hasn’t had a girlfriend in awhile, and he could use someone that would lighten up his character just a little.

6. JJM says:

Seven series regulars for The Mentalist should be interesting… Never been that many before…

7. Moment says:

I’m not a fan of The Mentalist by any means, but I’m rooting for its renewal next season. Too many places wrote this show off as canceled, and out of nowhere it got renewed. I like a good underdog story.

• yurie says:

Unfortunately it will be a shortened final season which will be airing next year.

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

Yes, it is airing at mid-season but nowhere did they say its a final season. But it would be dumb to bring her in as a major-recurring character then up her to series regular midway through a final season. So most likely, they’ll probably have a season 8 that is the final season.

• Moment says:

Yep you’re right. It’s not being called a final season but it has absolutely everything going against its renewal, so I believe they will likely wrap up any loose threads if the renewal doesn’t happen.

I see no reason why it can’t continue should it pull sufficient numbers.

• mable says:

Baker and Tunney won’t do an 8th season. Their contracts are up, this is the last season. I doubt that WB will throw any more money their way to get them to do an 8th.

• Mae says:

I’m sorry but why is this show ending? I love it!

8. K says:

I was literally just thinking the other day that i miss her and wish she had a regular gig again! Please promote her! I can see her bringing something fresh to the show.

9. MARNER says:

good news! she has been in some other shows/movies and brings ‘sassiness’ to this one. Will watch it from now on a regular basis.

10. zaza says:

I feel like they get rid of the Kim character. She doesn’t add much, and she is not as clever as Lisbon. She seems confused most of the time.

11. Diz says:

I’ve never seen the show, but I may have to tune in just for her. I miss her on my tv.

12. Bona says:

Interested to see what she brings to the dynamic. I’ve been missing this series this summer-when I’ve had the time to think about TV. That and a few others. Looking forward to it being back on my screen again. And very interested to see a bit of freshness added with Jane and Lisbon finally getting together in the finale last season.

13. Bob Ibarra says:

She is going to be wonderful. She is cool!!!

14. Trisha Lynn says:

I’m sorry, but I don’t care how good she is or how well she fits in with the rest of The Mentalist cast, she will never fill the void left by Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti. I loved their characters and the two of them together.

15. I sure hated for the show to lose Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti. I thought both were great!

16. Susan mendes says:

Will not watch without Grace and Rigsby

17. maran says:

Please contineuo the mentalist to season 9 TQ.

18. Sharon says:

The Mentalist seemed to get lost in the schedule last year- here is hoping they have better luck next year.

19. I hate that we lost two series regulars! Why do we have to wait till mid season for the show to return? It is soooo good; it’s not fair!!!!

20. Sara says:

I like the cast as is, but I’d love to see Owain and Amanda again. I don’t know her at all. I’m open to seeing where this goes. Especially if there’s ANY chance we’ll keep Mentalist going!

21. Lance says:

I love this show, thought it was absolutely horrible that they stuck it in the time slot they did behind an inferior show. It was like they were trying to kill it.

i don’t know why the boneheads at CBS made that decision, and sincerely hope that the ratings get to where they have to keep it going.

I think the new FBI agents, especially Joe Adler and Rockmond Dunbar are great, and really like the way that Abbott has evolved from a by the rules jackwad to a cool supervisor.

22. Carolee says:

I never heard if her.Wonder what kind of acting she does.I will give her time and watch if her acting skills are good.I like an actors that bring out their character as real and not fake acting.All An all can not wait to see what she will bring to the show.

23. The writers need to provide the cast with better scripts! Also Owain and Amanda were greatly missed. Happy that Jane and Lisbon are getting it on.

24. Sandra says:

I can’t wait tell it comes back on I love the mentalist I’m glad Jane is with Lisbon I like her to

25. drlje says:

After the crap Red John climax, I quit watching this show. I check back every now and then hoping they are going to wrap that storyline up a little better and surprise us all. It was the worst climax ever and Heller should be punished accordingly. Anyone still watching this show after that has no self-respect or no life (probably both).

26. Riverrat 129 says:

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE MENTALIST WILL RETURN? IT IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV! RIGHT ALONG WITH BONES AND NCIS!!!

27. Kathie says:

I saw Morena in the Mentalist episodes, didn’t watch her in the creepy sci-fi “V”. My favorite role for her is Inara, the “registered companion” in Firefly. I keep hoping to see her on Castle, to add to the ever-growing list of Firefly references to Nathan Fillion’s current show. He’s had Adam Baldwin (The Last Ship) and Gina Torres (Suits) on other episodes.
    Morena is a good actress. I wanted to smack her every time she was on screen in The Mentalist. Let’s hope Patrick doesn’t repeat his behavior this time, lol.
    I’m glad Mentalist is coming back, but won’t mourn its passing if this is the last season. I think it’s run its course and without Van Pelt and Rigsby, it will be a shell. It was kind of a shell last season with them not being main characters anymore. I just can’t get my head around Patrick and Lisbon really “together”.

28. Judy johnson says:

I cant wait till the mentalist starts :)