Exclusive

Castle Books Wire Alum for Pivotal Season 7 Guest Stint

Castle Season 7 Ryan Sands

Castle is turning to Truck to solve its big car-crash cliffhanger.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Ryan Sands, best known for his portrayal of Officer Lloyd “Truck” Garrick on The Wire, has been tapped to guest-star in the ABC drama’s Season 7 premiere. He’ll play Tagger, a Hamptons police sergeant who helps Beckett investigate the most difficult case of her career (presumably, Who the hell ran Rick off the road?).

RELATED Castle Creator Talks Controversial Wedding Day Twist (‘We’re Going to Take Our Lumps’), Teases New Mythology Ahead

Earlier this week, new Castle showrunner David Amann and series creator Andrew W. Marlowe told TVLine that the Sept. 29 opener picks up immediately following Rick’s seemingly fatal accident. The pair also confirmed that the incident was not a dream.

“We did what we did for a reason — to open up some new mythology,” noted Marlowe, “[and] to open up some really interesting aspects of storytelling for the Castle character, who hasn’t been as deeply explored as Beckett over the past six years.”

1. I’m sorry, but doing what they did was the stupidest thing they’ve ever done on the show.

• Lauren says:

I hear The Black List is very good. Tell us how it is!

• missteff says:

I liked it a lot-kinda fun show.

• BetiSA says:

the Blacklist? an overrated and BAD show, horrible acting, I watched it and the season finale was meh.I will watch Castle. of course

• Beckstle says:

Castle is up against NCIS-LA this season, which gets 16+ million viewers a week, and who’s ship, “Densi” is getting more and more popular. Meanwhile, NBC is moving Blacklist to Thursdays. I’m not jumping ships, just saying that Blacklist isn’t the threat this season. Blacklist and Castle are very different kinds of shows. Castle and NCIS-LA have more in common and possibly have an overlap in fanbases. Now Castle’s premiere is pushed back a week, giving NCIS-LA a head start – when Castle obviously has a divided fanbase. ABC is nuts.

• greg says:

You do know that nobody is up against anyone, haven’t been for many years. Have you hear of a VCR, hmmm, maybe a DVR then… ummm nevermind. I will skip commericals and you can decide which one you want to watch because you can only see one of them.

• Sheriika Ffrenchie says:

that wasnt a stupid thing… they did it that the show wouldnt be drawn out and boring use ur senses if u watch castle and know castle rick figure out a way to get out of the car so he is not dead nd even so more drama is there to come apparently u didnt watch fast 5 nor fast 6 to know that they were gunna make a fast 7 the only bad news abt that is that paul walker really died in reality so they may nt make a fast 8…. we alll kno castle is alive so the seasons will continue

2. JoeTV says:

I may well be in the minority here, but I’m actually quite excited for what the cliffhanger is going to bring to next season. Yes, we’d all like to have seen the wedding but then what would next season be? It would probably end up being more silly relationship problems for Castle and Beckett whilst this way we actually get some drama and mystery, which is what the show is about.

• SBell says:

Me too, I’m excited.

• carbono says:

The finale did suck because of all of the cliche’s & making Beckett look silly by not knowing that she was married but as for the the car accident; I agree the 1st 2 ep’s should be pretty cool! My only hope is that they actually give Nathan something to do besides being tied-up so super woman Beckett can save him though. Nathan’s been underutilized & it would be great if Castle was actually able to do something heroic on his own for once. Marlowe has actually said something about exploring more of Castle this season so hopefully this is a start……oh & as for all of the people saying that Castle will have amnesia; even Marlowe can’t be that cliche’d……can he?

• Harvey says:

Agree with everything. I think they tried to make it a full comedy, that Beckett part, but destroyed Beckett’s character. For me, that is forgettable though, so nothing really bad, but I think if in this episode, they could have shown how excited Castle is for the wedding too, maybe a conversation between him and his mother, or him and his daughter, that would have been the ending more emotional from his side too. And I agree with everything you said here, including the fact that amnesia doesn’t look like something even not-awesome maker would do, Marlowe is still quite sensible.

• Alexander Mahone says:

Agreed, they tried to make it comedy when they should have added drama in it with castle so at the end it seems more sad

• Crystal S. says:

Personally? I think it’s 3XK again. Remember him and psycho girlfriend making people look and sound like the team? Who’s not to say that 3XK hasn’t been spending all this time going under the knife to look like Castle and getting vocal coaching to sound like him. Show up with “amnesia” somewhere and infiltrate their lives. All while Castle is locked up somewhere. If Castle knows Beckett and his family are in danger, we could see a whole other side to him we haven’t seen yet.

• Becki says:

I said the same thing! ! 3XK freaks me out, and Castle seems at his best when dealing with him!

• Alexander Mahone says:

I personally love how they both out smart each other in one way or the other, Castle figures him out, he takes the gun, Castle figured he would give a gun to an enemy, he figured Castle is attracted to death, they both are shown to get into each other’s head, he gets Castle to jail, he breaks out and figures how he did it, Jerry then makes the whole world believe he is dead, except Castle! Now isn’t that something!

• Huskygrl says:

I have always thought 3XK was more an enemy of Castle’s than Beckett’s. Yes it started as Beckett’s case but Castle was far more personally involved in it than usual and Castle blamed himself for allowing the bad guy to get away. So I think it would make sense for a storyline that focuses on Castle to include Castle’s personal “Big Bad”. Not to mention that 3XK and his girlfriend are some of the creepiest villains ever!

• Kimberly Collar says:

My husband thinks it has something to do with Rick’s dad. Mainly because of the vehicle that ran him off the road.

• c-mo says:

I’m in the minority with you because I’m excited for the “resolution” of the cliffhanger as well. But what I’m more excited about is the “really interesting aspects of storytelling for the Castle character, who hasn’t been as deeply explored as Beckett over the past six years.”

• Huskygrl says:

C-MO – Thank you, THANK YOU for reading to the end of the article! I’ll bet you even know when the Mentalist restarts in the fall!

• missteff says:

that’s what I was hoping for I think I know which character it is…..if it who I think, it should be very interesting season. (hint: not Castle, Alexis, Martha or even spy-daddy) There is only two people close to Beckett.
        anyway can’t wait to see all of them back in action.

• Harvey says:

Missteff, you know which character is what? I mean, you are talking about who kidnapped Castle?

• missteff says:

read the article is says ” to open up some really interesting aspects of storytelling for the Castle character, who hasn’t been as deeply explored as Beckett over the past six years.”

I think I know which character they might explore. It was mentioned by one of the actors in a tweet, earlier this year.

anyway I think that it will be a great season.

• canadian ninja says:

They were talking about Castle. Rick Castle.

• Nick says:

I can’t reply to your answer to Harvey so I will here. The quote “to open up some really interesting aspects of storytelling for the Castle character, who hasn’t been as deeply explored as Beckett over the past six years” is referring exactly to “the Castle character”, as in Richard Castle. Not to “a Castle’s character”, as in some character from the cast.
          So there’s no guessing or interpretation to be made about which character they intend to explore, it’s Rick. We still know very little about his dad, for example. And not as much about his past as we know about Beckett’s.

• Fran says:

The character IS Castle. That’s what he’s referring to. They are going to explore Rick more.

• castle fan says:

I totally agree with Ya c-mo

• James D says:

I’m with you. I actually liked the finale a lot, yes it was soap operay, but it gives Castle a story like Marlowe said it opens up some new mythology which IMO the show sorely needs. Looking forward to this season and i hope it reinvigorates the show and keeps it around for few more seasons.

• S. says:

You’re not in the minority. The minority are the people yelling the loudest about the finale, but they wouldn’t have been happy without a warm fuzzy wedding taking up most of the episode. The real finale in terms of the season was the ep before where they get Bracken. As I’ve said before, this was less a finale than a season premiere preview cliffhanger. Obviously they’ll get married, obviously Rick’s okay. Just go with the storytelling. The new showrunner’s been with Castle for 5 years. He’s hip to all things Marlowe and knows what he’s doing with the show. Fun thing I just noticed. He’s credited with writing the episodes “3XK” and “Target” :) Kinda funny that the theories about who’s involved in this include Castle’s dad and 3XK and he’s written the eps the debuted both of them.

• Nick says:

Obviously they will get married… but is it gonna be at the end of next season, or at the end of the premiere/first few episode?
        My point is, after all the building up, all the excitement and the teasing, we all thought we’d get a marriage… then after the finale it felt like the writer not just teased us, but plainly made fun of us in a pretty mean way. Of course Castle is not dead, but if the writers are gonna play along with the wedding thing for another full season then I’m done. If they just want to make it more fun and mroe exciting by adding this twist, but yet the wedding will happen before the end of October, then I’ll stick with the show.

• Alexander Mahone says:

The wedding should take place fast but I love the cliffhanger, and I think it was good not to have the wedding at the finale.

• Renee Vlna says:

This was my line of thinking also. It’s a set up of some sort to pull out 3KX and his father will be helping. This way maybe the Senator will also be able to be helping.

• Flick says:

Bingo totally agree!

• BetiSA says:

me too!!

• castle fan says:

I totally agree with Ya!!

3. Jenni says:

Soap Opera 101: …there’s always amnesia!

Oh, look. Rick has amnesia.

Ridiculous and I’m so over this entire show. I’d hoped the summer would’ve numbed me a little to the pathetic finale. Looking at the spoilers so far, it’s just more of the same. I had hoped with the announcement of the change in show-runners — which really was the biggest none announcement ever given the speed at which it was corrected — I won’t be watching. I will, however, just wait to be condescended at –again– by Mr Marlowe for not being smart enough to understand his organic storytelling.

• Harvey says:

If you won’t watch it, why are you still commenting on it, searching about it? :) Amnesia wouldn’t be the story, that would be something even those who liked the cliffhanger would hate.

• S. says:

So you made up a reason to get mad about the premiere, then declared you are over the show? Uh you got yourself angry, not Marlowe. What spoilers have you gotten? Not a lot. Yeah there’s someone investigating this, they’ve cast that person, and it’s picking up right away. And you know what else? Just speculation. They’ve said very little. What on earth are you talking about ‘speed at which is was corrected’? It wasn’t corrected. David Amann’s taking over, he’s always been in the Castle family which makes sense because you’d want someone who knows the show. Marlowe wasn’t fired he just needed someone else to be in charge of the managerial stuff and make the show’s trains run on time. David’s always been involved in the writing of the show. Nobody’s condescending to you, it’s just a fact. You DON’T understand the organic storytelling. You’ve clearly been mad for awhile (bet you were one of the gripers about the weekly kissing/cuddling situation right? Didn’t like the episodes after Rick found out about her knowing about the ILY and not telling him? Railed on Beckett after the ep with Ioan Gruffudd?). Just deal with the fact that you don’t get it and don’t let the door hit you on the way out okay? People can’t just stop watching, they gotta make sure we hear all about it. Can nobody take their ball and go home quietly? It’s not like Marlowe’s gonna do differently than he’s gonna do. Either debate the episode without the nasty tone and keep watching or give us all a break from the complaining. If you’re huffing and puffing about the finale instead of waiting to see what’s going to happen, I’d suggest you didn’t get where they were coming from for years now and it’s only just hit you. It’s been in line for me this whole time. If I’d criticize them for anything about last year, it was that an ep near the end of the season had the narrative strength of a belch, the case itself was that boring and pointless. I’d tell you which one but I can’t even remember the plot. TVLine pointed out the ‘meh’ of it all, but most weeks I’m all for what they serve up. I love the show, the finale didn’t bug me, and I’ll be watching the premiere. So there.

• Blake says:

Finally. Someone who gets it. It’s story telling. Nothing is all happy joy joy all of the time. Jenni.. STFU

• Alexander Mahone says:

I don’t like just-kisses either. There should be more than that, specially because they are engaged and are about to be married. Don’t like Castle turning sex down either actually. They should show Castle as how he was, a real all-about-fun like before.

• Flash says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

• BetiSA says:

ridiculous comment. If you hate the show why you are here?

4. Maria says:

I couldn’t care less who ran Rick off the road, but…wow this Ryan Sands guy is really cute!! Besides, we all know it was Westside Wally. :)

5. Carolann Quinn says:

I remember the staff of Castle making fun of Bones because “they dragged the relationship on so long” and the fans agreed. The shoe is now on the other foot. Are we suppose to just accept it because it’s Castle and not Bones? Personally, I think the cliffhanger was the end of the rope for me. Gates was a nail in the coffin and this may have nailed it shut. I am looking forward more to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the new NCIS:New Orleans than I am to Castle (although I still watch the reruns on TNT religiously).

• Cindy Whitaker says:

Yeah, and after all that talk, and the magical chemistry between Nathan and Stana, it turns out Bones has the relationship knowledge and ability!! not only that, but their finale blew Castle’s out of the water!! I can’t wait until Bones has it’s premiere!!
      I cannot believe the day has come that I think Bones, or any other show for that matter, is better than Castle!!

• Lori Anderson says:

Bones has nothing on Castle. Castle was named TV show all around and Nathan was named number 1 male actor in his category. A true fan would never quit the show. I am looking forward to the premier.

• First…Bones did drag it out way too long!!! Castle was only 3.5 seasons…Bones was WAY longer than that!!! That said…it doesn’t excuse the LOUSEY season finale on Castle .And second while I can live without S.H.I.E.L.D… I am also eagerly awaiting NCIS New Orleans…Love Scott Bakula…Lucas Black…And New Oleans!!!

• Nick says:

No, Castle dragged it along for way more than 3.5 seasons. Season 1 was short but it was clear to everybody where the show and the writers were gonna go with Rick and Kate. It took them 4 seasons to acknowledge they like eachother, 1 season of dating and 1 of engagement leading to the marriage. Then it would have been quite reasonable to get married (the timeline would be reasonable), but the twist in the finale makes you wonder whether we’ll have to get one more season of dancing around or they’re sealing the deal in the first few episodes.
        I have nothing against relationships that takes a lot to fire up, my point is that I felt betrayed as a viewer, i.e. as a consumer. And personally, I stopped watching Bones not because they took too long to make it official that Booth and Brennan were dating, I stopped when Brennan asked Booth to be her gene donor. That was too much of a stretch even for a weirdo like Bones.

• Alexander Mahone says:

It is a romantic show and in every romantic show they have to take their time, the flirtation itself is awesome. And if they would have done it earlier, it would have been odd and would not look as they did a lot. They got them together at the very right point. Marriage can be postponed a little, but I would like it in the premiere or second episode.

• Beckstle says:

Okay, I’m no fan of finale or the current situation, but by the end of season three it had definitely been acknowledged they liked each other. They weren’t doing anything about it, but in L.A. they certainly acknowledged it, and the fight in the season three finale showed they both knew about the elephant in the room. This is one of the things I’ve loved about Castle, the reveals about the characters in ways that were complicated but honest. Then of course at the end of season three Rick says “I love you” to Kate. At the top of four Castle got that Kate was asking him to wait for her – we all did. Them getting together in Always wasn’t Kate admitting she was into Castle – it was her admitting being with him was more important to her than anything else. Really, until this finale, Castle has done an amazing job. That’s why the sudden reset of Beckett to stall a wedding and introduce a “new mythology” feels so awful. Other shows abruptly reset character arcs, histories and personality traits to fit whatever whim of a new direction they decide to go in – mostly daytime serials, but there are some prime time ones also. I am still hoping that the new mythology will some how clear up the Beckett issue in the season seven premiere. In terms of the storyline that would give some redemption to the finale. That marriage being some kind of plant to set all these things in motion would make more sense in the bigger picture and put things back on track.

• Alexander Mahone says:

I think they might not be dragging the marriage, but comes after it. All the kid stuff, writing a married couple is quite simple, but kids would nearly ruin it, just a thought.

• Harvey says:

@Beckettstle, Are you Joy from G&G?
            Still, yeah, that is what I am saying, he needs to helpful in some of that way. I mean, Beckett gets kidnapped, he sits all the way through, okay, he gets kidnapped, he again just sits all the way through, so that would mean that his role isn’t that important anymore, yeah you can say it is his role and everything, but still, it won’t be that important. Maybe he has some talents that Beckett doesn’t know of, like he could have opened the lock in cuff, something like that, which he can use to help Beckett rescue him or escape himself. And, the difference in his solving cases now and before, is now he says something helpful, but like a detective, not very out of the box. I think after the first 11 episodes, he just used to say something that way helpful, and wasn’t really out of the box. But okay, that’s arguable, I agree, but if his main witty dialogues, and the best replies are brought back, then he would be awesome. I mean, his role is like giving stupid theories now, something aside from that like replies. I still can’t forget that his replies to Rogan in the finale were damn bad! And his role is kind of becoming to follow Beckett, without doing something of himself, for instance say something silly to the suspect, or go and start touching things, etc. There were many other things that made Castle Castle, and they are reducing. And in importance, straight thing, Beckett is the detective, she is needed in the precinct, she thinks, she fights, she has now all the backstory, I mean she would probably have a higher ground on his father’s cases every time than Castle did, as she would be able to do something apart from thinking too, while Castle just thinks, and gives stupid theories. I mean, his role at least has to increase to it seems as if he is no detective, he thinks way out of the box, even if he thinks in one episode and doesn’t in the other, but still, way out of the box. His replies have to be back, his wanting to do crazy things has to be back. (Reply button wasn’t there)

• missteff says:

good luck on that.

• Cindy says:

Gosh, C.Quinn, aren’t you contradicting yourself?

6. Jkl says:

The only problem with Castle is Castle. Why wouldn’t Becket do all the rescuing of Castle, he is the writer she is the Detective. If you want to see Fillion in a stupid fantasy show rent Firefly.

• Jon says:

A vitriolic Stanatic ladies and gentleman. Don’t tell me, you’re on the “Call The Show Beckett” train? Thinks anything that isn’t all about Stana is pointless?

What. Ever.

Those of us who are sick to death of Beckett-centric show and can’t wait to see Castle finally explored think differently. At the end of the day, you wouldn’t have a show that is hugely popular and going into it’s seventh year without Mr Fillion (or Miss Katic) so I suggest you take your hate elsewhere.

• Katherine215 says:

How is that comment hateful? Jkl makes a common sense point – it’s not logical to think a writer with no police training would be the rescuer, even though Castle HAS rescued Beckett many times over the seasons.
        I like both characters and both actors and I started watching the show for Nathan Fillion. But even an ardent fan has to recognize that he’d been phoning it in this season. Watch some of the earlier seasons and you’ll see Nathan just sparkles as Castle. I’m excited to see what the season will bring for both of them.

• Jon says:

How is it hateful?

“The only problem with Castle is Castle.”
          “If you want to see Fillion in a stupid fantasy show rent Firefly.”

That is how. If you don’t think that’s hateful at Mr Fillion then that says it all doesn’t it?

• carbono says:

Maybe Jon meant that by JKL starting her ( I’m sure JKL is a she & a Stanatic) by saying “the only problem w/Castle is Castle” sounds kind of hateful to me.

• Audrey says:

Way to start attacking someone. While I do agree this show success is due to both leads equally, I also agree Jkl’s points. The writers’ attempts to do more Castle haven’t been holding my interest, especially the spy!daddy and the Alexis/Pi story in the past. Mind you, before you start attacking me too, this has nothing to do with Fillion but the writers. Castle the character needs work. Castle is a writer, a civilian. If anything, the police/detectives should be the rescue, but I wouldn’t object to seeing Castle getting himself out with his wits.

• Jon says:

I “attacked” due to the “If you want to see Fillion in a stupid fantasy show rent Firefly.” If you don’t think that was a hateful comment, then we should just agree to read it very differently. But I do thank you for a common sense and well worded reply. I agree with you about it being the writer’s fault that Mr Fillion’s role has been treated as it has, but I do not tell other fans that the problem with Castle is Castle and then proceed to insult “stupid fantasy” shows as well as “Firefly” in the next sentence.

• No, you just lump them all into one category of fans, call names, and spiral into the ether. And then demand that all who disagree with you maintain common sense in their well-worded replies.
            Nice self-awareness there. Just aces.

• Harvey says:

Yeah, but that would make it too Beckettish, I mean, nobody is saying Castle has to kick butts or anything, he just has to run maybe, steal a car before a bomb explodes, send a huge help from a mobile or something, do something big. And if Castle doesn’t do anything, then what role would he have left in the show, considering only Season 6?

• I really don’t think we are going to see a lot of Castle in action, though I would like to. Either way, I suspect Castle will use his wits to save himself just as ardently as Beckett uses hers. At the end of the day, Castle isn’t going to be the damsel, but Beckett’s going to her damnedest to find him. It’s just a matter of how they execute it…

• Harvey says:

I am guessing the same, for me that’s sad, as Castle really needs to do something big right now to stay anyway important. His character is declining.

• I don’t think Castle has to go all gangbusters action hero on people to remain important. All we need is a story that requires him to divulge information about his past, his fears and his thoughts, or gives us insight into what makes him tick.
            I think whatever recovery he must endure – whether psychological or physical – is the perfect opportunity for that to happen. And whatever the new mythology is will hopefully contribute to that, too.
            I’m just looking forward to whatever story adds layers to the Castle character.

• carbono says:

I don’t have any problem w/Beckett kicking some ass in an effort to save her man but to me Bracken was Kate’s nemesis & 3XK is Castle’s; so if Castle has been kidnapped by him (or that Dr lady) I’m just hoping that Castle is able to save himself or at least somehow cleverly aid in his own rescue. I do in the end, want to see Castle being the person to put him/them down.

• Alexander Mahone says:

I agree with Carbono. If it’s 3XK, then I really want it to be just Castle vs 3XK. Castle can have Beckett, while 3XK has his doctor girlfriend. But overall, the main is just Castle vs 3XK.

• Yes, I would prefer it be primarily Castle vs. 3XK (if he’s the kidnapper), and I would prefer Castle save himself – or at least play a big role. It’ll also be good to see Kate worry for him.

• Beckstle says:

You mean the kind of stuff he’s done since season one? Like in season three, when he pulls all the wires on the bomb because he didn’t know which wires needed to be cut. Jumping ahead to season six, in “The Good, the Bad, and the Baby” Castle figures out that the reason for all the events occurring is that the criminals were trying to fix the lottery. Assuming they fix the Beckett’s first marriage nonsense, I have no problem with learning more of Castle’s backstory: learning more about what drew him to the macabre, things about his Dad, maybe more about how he came up with Derrick Storm. I think that is well warranted and something to look forward to, because while he knows all about Beckett and her past, she (and we) doesn’t know a lot about his. I think revealing more about Rick will lead to more intimate Caskett scenes. However, In terms of him needing to do more in solve cases – no. I think the level he contributes now is fine. He’s not a detective and he has none of the physical training of a police officer.

• Harvey says:

@Beckettstle, Are you Joy from G&G?

• Alexander Mahone says:

They are not doing justice to his character at the time. I would like to see Beckett rescuing Castle but somehow Castle should do something big too.

• carbono says:

Audrey, JKL attacked 1st. Can you not read the time of the comment?

• Alexander Mahone says:

I agree with your comment. Stana and Nathan both are awesome. Both have made this show awesome.

• Jenni says:

Your logic is flawed. Kate would be dead several times over had it not been for Castle rescuing her. They are a partnership. They are equals. They rescue each other. There is no show without either.

• Harvey says:

So you are saying anything with Fillion is bad? Seriously? The show’s name is Castle, and if he doesn’t do anything, then his role is totally finished. And he doesn’t really need to fight to get out, maybe plan something, run, steal, or shoot somebody, that could be explained with the fact he is very good in it.

• Lori Anderson says:

Firefly wasn’t a stupid show. If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all. Comparing Castle to Bones is a way to stir things up with some people.

7. john z says:

the finale sucked bad, so bad in fact, I dont know if I want to watch S7E1 . we will see

8. lupe says:

I love this show, and i’ll be watching ALL season 7 and more no matter what, by the way I liked the season finale :)

9. Sandi Jones says:

Don’t want to see another character….would prefer to have Beckett, Espisito and Ryan solve it

10. Carol Bower says:

I liked it. You have to be glad that they didn’t make it too easy. I still watch reruns but every time I see the episode of Alexa getting kidnapped and them tracing the van to Greenpoint I get upset because Beckett says to alert the Queens PD and the whole time I lived in Greenpoint it was in Brooklyn. Still is.

11. Daniel says:

Not really interested in “exploring” Castle’s storyline. The actor is one-dimensional, not committed & lazy! I agree with several posters who said he’s been dialing in. He doesn’t know how to play romance let alone sparkle on his own. Nope. Not interested. Without Beckett, who’s been holding her end with commitment & dedication (both ends really, hers & Castle’s) & the creative writers, tireless crew & wonderful secondary actors, this show would not have reached Season 7. Season 6 has been “Castle’s” highest, ratings-wise, a testament to Beckett leading the way. Needless to say, I watch because of Beckett. So what if the show’s name is Castle. It’s just a title. It’s Beckett who’s really the star of the show if we are truly honest. Her amazing talent & extraordinary presence are what draws a lot of fans in in the US, Europe & Asia.

• S. says:

No need to puff up Stana at Nathan’s expense. They’re both talented, dedicated, and hard working. He’s not lazy. They clearly promised him something, weren’t doing it for whatever reason, probably giving him an excuse they may’ve even meant, and his agent probably told him to get the blue flu to encourage them to get it together. It happens all the time. A bunch of West Wing actors did it for salary negotiations. Others do it. Nathan got attacked but he’s always been known for being a nice person. Joss Whedon doesn’t keep people like Nathan in his orbit if they’re difficult jerks.

• Harvey says:

Season 6 worked because people were waiting for the marriage, many expecting it to be the last season too at the start. Beckett’s great, Castle awesome too. I watch because of Castle, so you can’t just say that Beckett’s the star of the show. And most people started watching it for comedy, and that’s what Castle provided them, not Beckett, she’s great too, but Castle’s fantastic.

• Alexander Mahone says:

Both are amazing. Makers should give Castle witty dialogues again and then he will be set too. Nathan and Stana, both are fantastic. Most people are fans of both of them, some are for Beckett, like you, some are of Castle too, so don’t make it a final opinion actually.

• While I agree that Beckett seems to have been driving last season in terms of action and drama, and that viewership didn’t seem to decline because of that shift, I don’t think anyone can reasonably say she’s the only draw.
      The show was greenlit primarily because of Fillion’s reputation/notoriety, and the series continues to be marketed as if Castle is the driver of story – even if that’s not been entirely true. And regardless of which character gets more focus over the other, at the end of the day, viewers come back week after week for Castle AND Beckett.
      You remove either of those two elements from the equation and the show is done. It doesn’t matter if the show is called “Castle,” and it doesn’t matter if Beckett is primarily in the spotlight.

• carbono says:

Just to gauge your ability to rate acting; what did you think of Stana’s performance in CBGB? I do love Stana as Kate Beckett but c’mon!!

• Maybe Stana is a suck up…Did you ever think of that??…just saying!!Devil’ s Advocate … Stop bashing Nathan…or someone will bash your precious Stana!

12. I agree that the cliffhanger was a fandom mood killer but I am curious to see how the writers dig themselves out from the black hole that they created & I owed to myself to see the story thru then I will make my decision, after all we had invested to much time on Castle to just let it go.

13. The plot could be one of Beckett’s enemies kidnapping him. It could be Castle’s dad needing him to help in a government situation. The ideas are numerous.

14. Susan Dukelow says:

All I know is there better be a wedding!!!!!

15. Susan Dukelow says:

I believe the individual who is responsible is the killer who who set Castle up as a murderer, and then supposedly drown at the end of the show…but no body was found. I like the cliffhanger, but there better be a wedding.

• Nick says:

You’re talking about 3XK which is also the main (only?) enemy left from the past. It’s the only one that would give the story some sense (Castle’s dad otherwise?), but the writers said they did it to open “a new mithology” which makes me think that the responsible is someone we haven’t met yet.
      There’s better be a wedding. SOON.

16. Carolyn says:

Triple x k is back!!!

17. Alexander Mahone says:

I loved the cliffhanger, now waiting desperately for season 7

18. Let’s just get back to Nathan being on the show and not dead! Then on with the wedding! Up until the finale the twist were fun! Finale, not so much!!!

19. I’ll watch and hope they continue with what made the show so popular . If aliens drop from the sky on fantasy island , I’m out of there !!!!!

20. julie says:

nobody has mentioned that it could possible the senator beckett put in jai

21. joyce nicholson says:

I hope you aren’t planning to take out Castle from the series as you will loose a lot of fans, me included.

22. I have read and rereading every article that been posted these last month since the season final.Everything Mr.Marlowe said he doing on Castle in what direction he takes the show. But before the 6season he would do how do wait till the final episode of season 6 to know in other words he lied to the fan about a weddings that never happened. You and I know the fan makes keep the show on the air look at all the show that have been cancelled in the past.

23. Yvonne says:

I am so looking forward to the new season. I think it’s great you are going deeper into Castle’s character. I hope there are many more seasons to come. Thank you for such an entertaining show.

24. I will watch and hope they continue with what made the show popular ..I will understand changes as long as they don’t delete all the actors that made that show.If they put Kate in the background I won’t like it,. If they do what castle would like and have aliens drop from the sky on fantasy inland, I’d found another show to watch. P>S I would watch my DVDs !!

• Alexander Mahone says:

Kate in the background won’t work, but if they keep putting Castle in the background, then the show would be worse. I am here for the more regular comedy and Castle provides that the best, that’s why I want them both to be same, I think they need to pick Castle back up again.

• Huskygrl says:

Ok, what did I miss? Where did all this sudden talk of aliens on Fantasy Island come from?

25. tvdiva says:

That was the cruelest thing Castle showrunners could have done to fans – taking away the wedding we waited all season to see. I will not be back to watch their “new mythology.

• Alexander Mahone says:

It’s your choice. :) But if you won’t watch the season, why are you seeing the this new cast?

26. Joda Solomon says:

after so many years of cliffhangers, we deserved better. some things are dead serious, such as already being married, this episode not deserving of comic treatment nor of another rick is dead/missing/kidnapped/has memory loss treatment. should have gotten married and moved forward, they deserved better; or has this show just devolved into all our children or general hospital status?

27. Joanne M Schnackenbeck says:

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEASON 7 JJUST HOPE THAT CASTLE WON’T BE HURT. WILL
    THEY BE ABLE TO NGET MARRIED AFTER ALL OR WILL THEY HABVE TO WAIT.
    I LOVE CASTLE HE IS SUCH A BEAR, WOULD LOVE TO MEET HIM SOME TIME.
    WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING 5 SEASON’S OF CASTLE FOR ABOUT 6TIMES MY
    DAUGHTYER DOWN LOADED THE 6TH SEASON OF CASTLE FOR ME SO HAVE WATCHED
    THAT. WE ARE VERY CASTLE FABS

28. kim says:

it not going to drag on castle going to be found right a way right there not going to grag it on right and as far as ncis los angelis being on at the same time thats what dvrs is for

29. Kimberly Collar says:

My biggest problem with how last season ended was she was standing there alone. Martha and Alexis were there when she got the call. You can’t tell me she just left them there.

30. castle fan says:

This is a real stretch. What if the writers copy Stephen King’s plot from “Misery”? Castle’s “number one” fan ran him off the road and now holds him prisoner. Her motive? Jealousy. Maybe she sees herself as the fictional Nikki Heat and is upset that Castle and Beckett are getting married.

31. Andi says:

I agree that more time has been spent on Kate’s story than Castle’s, and want to know more about his backstory, his dad, etc. Plus, I want to see more of his silly, endearing side as well.

32. Deb says:

I’ve lost all interest with Castle…for seasons 5&6 I would record it watch the beginning FF to middle then FF to the last minute.. now I don’t think I’ll bother…..

33. Here is another point to ponder there folks! wouldn’t be possible that maybe, just maybe some counter spy group, might have found out about Grant’s indiscretions’ with Martha, (Castle’s mother so many years ago), and had put the grabs on Castle in an attempt to obtain any information on Castle’s father as possible? I mean, everyone has focused on 3XY and his Dr. Girlfriend, and everyone else that Castle and Beckett have come into contact with. But no one has mentioned the episode where Castle went to France to rescue Alexis (Kind of Russian overtones in the name), with the help of his father, from the Russian advisory whose name escapes me at this time. The whole plan is put into action, and at the end no one can mention a word of it ever again…ever! With the current actions in Russia, and poor feelings between the USA and Russia, there is that possibility too! Grant did have a price on his head with the US, and with Russia! How many other countries wanted his head? And would pay for any information on his whereabouts? Regardless of how they got it?

34. graybear says:

as I said to many good programs on the fall line up for this kind of bull

35. The ending had me on the edge of my seat but they BETTER have Castle and Beckett get married!!!

36. Ann says:

Castle is my favorite show. If Castle and Becket don’t marryI am going to hate the show. Don’t ruin this show. Great characters,great writing, and great fun !!!!