Sons of Anarchy: FX Sets Date for Super-Sized Premiere, Confirms Time Jump and a Jailed [Spoiler]

Sons of Anarchy Season 7 Premiere

Ladies and gentlemen, rev your engines.

Sons of Anarchy‘s seventh and final season will bow Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10/9c with a super-sized episode, FX announced Thursday.

RELATED Sons of Anarchy Recruits Courtney Love for Pivotal Season 7 Arc

The hour-and-45-minute premiere (!!) will be immediately followed by Anarchy Afterword, a live post-show hosted by Chelsea Lately‘s Chris Franjola (which launched last year as a web-only enterprise).

RELATED Sons of Anarchy Final Season: Look Who’s Returning

Per FX, Season 7 begins 10 days after Tara’s brutal murder and finds “Jax in jail on a parole violation, grappling with the loss of the woman he loved. With the club’s full support, he sets in motion the brutal machinations that will lead to complete and merciless retribution.”

1. Anne F. says:

My Meat fork and I can hardly wait….

2. abz says:

Looking forward to the final season, but seriously there will be no satisfaction for me at all regardless of what this season brings, if Gemma doesn’t get what she deserves.

3. Ben Kabak says:

Love this!

4. Erica R. says:

certainly hope Jax finds out it was Gemma and gives her what she’s got coming!!!!

5. Teag says:

The timeslot will be 1:45 or the episode’s running time?

6. Bwhit says:

Well if he is looking for retribution all he has to do is knock on mommy dearest’s door. Juice is a loose canon and the guilt will probably consume him, I’m hoping he slips like he did last year with the school shooting mom and tells someone it was Gemma. It’s going to be a wild ride.

• wrstlgirl says:

With the way these things usually work, everybody will know it was Gemma EXCEPT for Jax, lol. He’ll be the last to find out.

• Bwhit says:

I don’t care how it happens or when I just want to see Gemma get what is coming to her and than some!!

• wrstlgirl says:

It irritates me that he’ll drag it out until the finale’. I hope I’m wrong but it’s going to be the centerpiece to the season so I doubt it. But yeah, as long as it happens I’m good with it.

• Jen says:

Gemma should get what she deserves, but I blame Unser because he should know better not to tell Gemma anything he doesnt know for certain because she is a loose cannon. He should have just kept his mouth shut! And there are no words for Juice’s behavior!

• Marcus says:

Hope Jax kills Unser first show.
        His story has dragged on ad nauseum.
        This tired old series is limping along.

• Jenn says:

I agree — Unser should know better by now! Idiot!

• Steve says:

Unser is so hot for Gemma, He can’t keep anything to himself. I don’t think Jax kills
          Unser though. Can’t wait either way. I hate to see it end.It’s a very cool and mostly realistic show. The way the club is run anyway. A movie,with this cast would rock. Speaking of hot for, Maggie Sift is my favorite. A gorgous doll of a woman.

• Aaron Asher says:

I highly doubt juice will slip up again and tell someone. Kurt Sutter never repeats crap like that and juice knows better. I think jax finds out thru gemma. Dont forget, she killed tara because she thought she ratted and had guilt immediately when Eli told her the truth. So i think gemma will be the one to tell jax the truth. And i think somehow, Unser kills gemma. Its the most unexpected way and thats what soa gives us. Shocker after shocker. If not unser then nero.

7. Deion says:

Run, Juice, run!

8. Tim says:

complete and merciless retribution!

9. Janet Stern says:

Can’t wait!!!! Although it is bittersweet because I have grown to love the show and all the actors involved!!!!! I will look forward to this but with sadness to know that this will be the last season!

10. loretta says:

Rip tara, opie, and Piney:'( SO GUNA MISS THIS SHOW.. LOVE ME JAX N JUICY BOY AND I HOPE GEMMA GETS IT BAD!!

11. CBWBDK1 says:

I hope both Gemma and Juice get what they deserve!!

12. Dasha says:

Pretty sad Gemma won’t get the pay back She deserves from Tara.

13. Liz says:

The ending will probably be Gemma raising Thomas and Abel because Jax is in jail or dead.

14. Ruthie says:

I hope Kurt Sutter is willing to do what it takes about Gemma getting what’s coming to her!! John teller,, Tara,, clay!! She needs to pay!! Love the show will totally totally miss it!!

15. Billy says:

its been to long wateing but sadley it the last season.But great to see it end on a high season. Thanks S.O.A.

16. Dena K says:

I can’t wait for the last season to start even though I don’t want it to end. SOA is the most bad ass show i’ve ever seen on television or movie’s for that matter. Kurt Sutter is one of the most amazing yet twisted creator/director’s in the business.Thank You Mr. Sutter and Cast of this show.

• Debbie S says:

I agree 100% Dena K! I will celebrate the last season and series ANY way it plays out! Kurk, all of the cast, and all crew deserve much praise!!!! 9/9/14 needs to hurry up and get here!!!!!

17. MEG says:

almost 2 hour premiere. It’s like no one has to work the next morning….

• asd says:

It’s called record and watch later.

• MEG says:

And I always watch the show live , so no, that’s not possible for me, sorry. But you can feel free to do that!

• wrstlgirl says:

I have to record it because it doesn’t come on in my area until 11PM and my alarm goes off at 6AM. I must have my beauty sleep, lol. Unfortunately though SOA is one of those shows where staying spoiler free is difficult.

18. Walkie says:

Please kill off Jax. Worst character on TV.

19. Jammie says:

I’ve been watching these fabulous actors since season 1. Gave birth to my daughter Sept 25 , 2008 while watching SOA. In my opinion this show has one hell of a cast. The only show that could bring out the tears the fear (for my beloved actors) & the anger all in one hour. I’ll miss it so much !! Kurt Sutter….you rock !!

20. If they are going to keep with the Hamlet base: Gemma will die, but so will Jax… and everyone except for whomever Horatio is in this crazy drama.

21. lynn says:

Happy the show is coming back on but so sad and not ready for it to end :'( this is the best show hands down love you Jax

22. Daniel Boucher says:

Come on september already!!! This is pure torture!

23. Jade Smyrk says:

Sons of anarchy premier showing on Tuesday 9th September… Can I watch this in Australia?

Thanks

24. Diesel says:

ALL or NOTHING

25. gloria zuendel says:

Maybe there will be a spin off!! People are hooked on the show. We will all be goin thru withdrawal! !! Carry on

• B says:

Kurt Sutter has apparently signed a deal with FX for another show, and has talked about how much he’d love to do a show about the club pre-Jax…..as in w/ the older guys when they started the club, and John was in charge. That would be very exciting!

26. freda volek says:

i enjoy your show and would like 2 keep up of whats goingon. ty

27. freda volek says:

cant wait 2 see outcome

28. AOH says:

What needs to happen is Juice gives up Gemma and they kill him. Gemma ends up in prison with no visitors and no contact from Jax and SAMCRO. She needs to be tortured instead of killed, knowing that Jax is out with his sons and living his life would drive her crazy. To kill her is to nice, she has always lived knowing that no matter what she does Jax and SAMCRO protects her. There are tougher women in prison and heck they can bring one in that goes after her for some wrong SAMCRO did. Sorry killing her is too nice, trying to survive in prison alone would be better.

29. Hardley says:

It is a SOAP OPERA …..

30. connie says:

I Love this show andit is ashame tis is the last of it come on there needs to be moreeeeeeeeeee

31. Judy Tolle says:

Yes, Gemma deserves a monumental death full of suffering. But I can see them having Jax die after letting Momma know what he thinks of her. TV shows like this like to throw us for a loop.

32. SteveB says:

Gemma will be fine. Remember what she did to Al.

33. Kamie says:

please don’t kill off all the characters like they did on OZ that was a terrible ending and SOA has been a part of a lot of our lives for a loooong time

34. KEJ says:

Well since Kirk Sutter has loosely based SOA on the play “Hamlet,” imwould not be shocked if Jax and Gemma die in the end.

35. Miguel says:

Jax will find out who killed the mother of his children, however, i think it’ll make a huge difference in the outcome as far as what happens to Gemma. We’ll just have to wait and see!

36. mar tores says:

goodbye good riddance to this show so happy when it will be done with

37. sha hig says:

All the actors are great but the writing is over the top on quality. It’s rare that actors and writer come together so well. I love it, hate to lose it but look forward to Mr. Sutter’s next adventure. It’s hard to love and hate characters at the same time. Character development from people we see on the outside to seeing them from the inside is great.

38. OMG…I can’t wait…I love this show soo much…..

39. Sherlyn says:

I want Jax to kill Gemma & Juice…..don’t care in what order. I want him to also find out that she was in on JT’s death.

40. JaxRocks says:

Sad to say that Jax is going to die, but I really want to see him ride off with his two boys. I really hope the kids don’t go to Wendy after the whole birth of Abel. Chibs would rock as a caretaker for the kids and the only one I’d trust with the boys. He never betrayed Jax and always had his back whereas Bobby was a traitor to Jax as his vp by backing down when it came to killing Clay. I so can’t wait for Jax to mop the floor with Gemma and Juice and it would suck if they kept Gemma alive to take care of the boys.

41. Krista says:

EEKKKKKKK I CANT WAIT ! LOVE LOVE LOVE SOA !

42. stephanie says:

i hope that gemma gets what coming to her before the end of the season. She’s done a lot of awful things in the name of love and family but what she did to tara as unforgivable! i need jax to, not only find about gemma murdering his wife, but also to finally learn the whole truth about her part in killing his father. gemma has got a lot of retribution coming her way!

43. IT’SSO HARD TO IMAGINE THE FUTURE OF THIS SHOW THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I CONTINUE TO WATCH AND WAIT TO WATCH AGAIN!!!

44. pat says:

Please don’t let this be the last season! !

• B says:

It has to be ‘cuz Kurt Sutter has artistic integrity, unlike anyone else making any shows nowadays. They just keep it going until there’s nothing left ‘cuz they’re still getting ratings, and making $$$! I’m glad he’s stuck to his story!

45. Christine says:

I think Jax won’t find out till near end of season when he commits completely loses his mind and does the murder suicide thing so he knows his sons will not be in “the life”

46. Gene B. says:

Tara got what she deserved! She was a nosy, bossy, annoying woman who stuck her nose in club business! Although it should have been Jax who whacked her! As for Juicy boy, he is a hero, and should be praised for his loyalty!

• abz says:

You must be one seriously messed up person. Juice, a hero? Tara got what she deserved? Go back and watch the show and try using brain while you’re at it.

47. Deborah C says:

Yeah, I’m afraid that they are gonna let her slip on by, when really, she is the spider in the web. Wayne, mr police chief, needs a fork in the eye too. His fat mouth has caused more problems. Seems like the only exercise he gets is jumping to conclusions. I can hardly wait…..

48. Kris says:

They will probably drag out the Gemma with Jax. It will suck watching half the season with Jax not knowing it was her.

49. kingpel says:

I forget. Who does Jax thinks killed Tara?

50. stephaine says:

i wonder if jax will find that his mother klilled tara i hope he does