True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll Lands Female Lead in Netflix Daredevil Series

Deborah Ann Woll Daredevil

Deborah Ann Woll has lined up her first major post-True Blood gig — and it’s a Marvelous one.

RELATED True Blood‘s Anna Camp on Sarah’s ‘Unexpected’ Reunion With [Spoiler]

The actress has been cast as Karen Page in Marvel’s upcoming Daredevil series that will premiere in 2015 on Netflix, according to EW.com. Her character originated in the episode 1 of the Stan Lee comic book on which the TV series will be based — serving as a secretary and love interest for both Matt Murdock (the titular hero’s alter-ego) and his partner Foggy Nelson.

Woll joined True Blood during Season 1; the series is midway through airing its seventh and final season on HBO.

Boardwalk Empire‘s Charlie Cox landed the role of Daredevil back in May, while Elden Henson will play Foggy.

Stoked that Woll’s hiatus from the small screen won’t be a long one? Daredevil fans, can you picture her as Karen Page? Sound off below!

1. Jingle says:

That’s cool.

2. Mary says:

Can Ryan Kwanten be cast as Daredevil now?

3. jdanknich says:

Gratz to Deborah! Can’t wait to see her as Karen Page.

4. SS says:

She joined True Blood season 2

5. Dave says:

Such a great actress!! Non I will surelly watch Daredevil!

6. christine says:

Awesome. I hope Karen gets more screen time. Now cast Elektra!

7. “in the episode 1 of the Stan Lee comic book” heh. TV lingo mixing with comic book lingo. Issue, not episode (first issue) :P

8. Zayne says:

Very happy for her. I love her as an actress. True Blood is so awful the last few seasons that I’ve just felt bad that she’s stuck on that show. Jessica has been one of the only bright spots in that craptastic show.

9. Steve F. says:

At least we now know who Rosario Dawson won’t be playing… personally, I’m still sticking with Typhoid Mary.

As for the casting – good choice for Karen Page. But, should we be worried if they cast a certain assassin with a penchant for throwing things with “bulls-eye” accuracy?

10. dancmh says:

Excellent choice and if they follow through with Karen’s storyline she’ll have a lot work with…

11. Lizo says:

She should play Daredevil.

12. Jon says:

Well, that was a surprise! Daredevil just jumped quite a bit on my radar. Even if I gave up on True Blood a while a go. Deborah was always one of my favorite parts of it. And if Steven DeKnight follows any of the comic book story lines for Karen Page she’ll eventually have some heavy stuff to work with. I also think they’ll maybe want to move away from the Affleck/Garner movie. So I don’t expect Elektra or Bullseye to appear at all until much later.

13. sladewilson says:

I can definitely see her as Karen Page. But who’s playing Elektra?

14. And I just became interested in watching this series Deborah is one of the only actors on TB who some how manages to deliver a decent performance this season.

15. Mikael says:

I LOVE her! This is great news! My excitement for Daredevil just skyrocketed.