Exclusive

Bones Recruits 24 Alum as Booth's FBI Protégé in Season 10

John Boyd Bones Season 10

A former 24 agent is making time for Bones this fall.

TVLine has learned exclusively that John Boyd, who played CTU analyst Arlo Glass in Season 8 of 24, is joining the Fox drama in the recurring role of James Aubrey, a junior FBI agent working under Booth (David Boreanaz).

RELATED Bones Season 10 Premiere Episode Title Revealed (But What Does It Mean?)

Aubrey is described as charming and unapologetically confident. While a great up-and-coming agent, he views everything as a stepping stone to something better. Booth is on a mission to tame him.

Boyd’s recent credits include arcs on Touch and The Carrie Diaries.

Bones‘ Season 10 bows Thursday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c; Boreanaz recently shared this photo from the set:

1. kayla says:

Ok, I’m game, a Booth look alike, finally some FBI action.

2. lindsay says:

But…Tina Majorino??

3. A says:

Lookìng forward in seeing Booth be a teacher, a mentor …I enjoyed that side of him when he worked with Agent Shaw and taught her how to be a better agent.

4. OldFan says:

After that stupid season finale do you think anyone will be watching? Booth might just as well been wearing a leather jacket while water skiing as far as I’m concerned it’s over.

5. roz says:

Booth would make a great mentor. as long as he stays front and center.

6. Linda says:

Well, at least that means Booth is back at the FBI once the issue of his arrest is corrected.

7. Carrie Adkins says:

I’m sorry but I think add him is a mistake, new agents have not worked in the past and noon of the characters are comfortable with new people or change. I know we they are uneasy I am as well. I think it would be great to see more of each character and the babies/kids. I don’t want to see anyone get between booth and Brennan and new agent means less of the 2 of them working together and 1 on 1 time with them.
    Thank you for your time!

8. David4 says:

I think it’s silly after the insane and over the top finale that they would give him an agent to mentor.

9. Is Bones planning a farewell episode to Ralph Waite, like NCIS did?

10. JR1234 says:

I miss Zach.

11. Lois says:

Does this mean that the conspiracy is wrapped up quickly if Booth is back with the FBI and mentoring a new agent? Because where they left things was pretty dire for Booth and Brennan too.
    Or does the new hire mean Sweets was the bad guy and is JFD on his way out?

12. Jer says:

This show is still on??? LOL

13. Emma says:

Great casting!

14. Maria Jeronimo says:

Quero saber como posso fazer para participar do evento de lançamento da sessão 10 de Bones, tenho muita vontade de conhecer o David Boreanaz. Moro no Brasil e sou fã desta serie. Obrigada.

15. picklegirl84 says:

So, does this mean that Booth is on his way out after this season? Protege’s tend to ease the viewer into seeing someone new so that we don’t get ticked when the main character leaves us.

16. Vicky says:

Booth needs to stay with this program… If not the show go down hill…

17. Jackie Robbins says:

This scares me is this booths way out of the series???

18. Laura says:

I didn’t know who John Boyd was, but when I saw him in last night’s episode, I thought “what a great actor!” Sorry that Sweets is gone, but John Boyd will give much needed new blood to the show.

19. nikonmom says:

I’ve gotta say, I’m not feeling this character. I liked Sweets from the start, but this guy was just incredibly irritating and flat. I was praying he’s not the permanent new guy. Now I’m really disappointed.