Vampire Diaries Season 6: Eureka's Colin Ferguson Cast as New Villain

Vampire Diaries Season 6

Mystic Falls’ finest will be facing yet another new threat when Season 6 premieres in October — and this one’s homegrown.

RELATED Vampire Diaries Season 6: Meet the ‘Shady’ Lady Coming to Mystic Falls

Colin Ferguon (EurekaHaven) has been cast in the role of Tripp, TVLine has confirmed, the head of a community militia who will “do anything to protect his town.” He’ll make his first appearance in The Vampire Diaries‘ sixth season premiere.

Executive producer Julie Plec took to Twitter on Monday to reveal which character will be butting heads with Tripp the most:

x

Of course, Tripp won’t be the only new character causing grief for our heroes. Actress Gabrielle Walsh has been cast in the “shady” role of Sarah, who will make her debut on the show’s sixth season premiere.

The Vampire Diaries‘ sixth season premieres Oct. 2 at 8/7c on The CW.

1. Pati D says:

Some of the villains in the past has really been more lame than impressive. I hope his character will be different.

• AT says:

The nature of Klaus as a villian (and then his parents, evil Alaric, and Silas) was pretty epic for the show. That makes it kind of hard for any other villian to match up.

• Titom says:

Klaus as a villain in season 2 was great! Silas and Alaric were meh. Epic is not the right word to describe them. And that traveler guy Markos was a huge failure!

2. Moment says:

Fantastic choice.

He does the average guy, stupid guy, funny guy, serious guy, all rolled into one so well, like he did in Eureka. I honestly have no clue how he’ll play a bad guy but his role as Jack Carter showed to me the man is talented, this casting is well deserved for him.

3. Skittles&Bits says:

Great casting…not so great show. I’ve adored Colin Ferguson since Eureka and the thought of him wading through the muck VD has become makes me a cringe. I’m desperately hoping the 6th season is phenomenally good.

4. BrianR says:

He’s great, I hope he shows up as a simple Maytag repair guy and then all hell breaks loose.

5. Paul says:

I love him! Still mourning Eureka being cancelled. I was even happy to see him in the Maytag commercials. I can’t see him as villain though!

6. Eve says:

Love CF!!!! Miss seeing him on TV. Hope he can bring his own sense of humor to the role.

7. StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Awesome. It breaks my heart to see him in Maytag commercials playing a dishwasher.

8. ggny says:

Nice casting

9. jane mark says:

Loved jack on Eureka. Might check out this show to see him

10. Brooke says:

Oh awesome. He’s so good at playing unhinged evil on Haven, and that’s in no small part due to having goofy Sheriff Carter to compare William to. It’s hard to remind myself when watching Haven that he used to be the main guy who always saved the day on Eureka.

11. Jake says:

God, he must be desperate for money, because for the life of me I can’t understand why he would join this crap show. He was great on Eureka, TVD, seems like a step down for him.

• Laura says:

Well, he’s got a newborn at home, so he probably needs the money. And it’s a recurring role on a network(let) TV show, so there’s that. It isn’t so bad. Of course, I gave up on the show nearly at the beginning of last year so now I’m going to have to watch, dang it all.

12. B says:

Someone correct me if I am wrong with this assumption, however didn’t Sheriff Forbes die in the explosion that Elena and Damon caused?

• Deion says:

She did not. Damon and Alaric pulled the beam that landed on her off to confirm that she lived through the explosion. She was in bad shape, but alive.

13. Cheryl M. says:

Loved him in Eureka. Can’t wait to see him on Vampire Diaries!!

14. Deion says:

He is absolutely maniacal as William on Haven, but so entertaining. So much so that you forget that his actions are putting the show’s main characters in peril. If Tripp is anything like William, I expect much fun.

15. Danielle H. says:

I really hope the show perks back up. It went from must watch to I’ll watch it when I get around to it because it’s the same record over and over again. They really need to shake it up.

16. tiff christie says:

NOO! I love Colin Ferguson, and eureka remains one of my favorite shows… Now that they’ve cast him for Vampire Diaries, I’ll be forced to watch it..

17. bitch says:

I would consider Esther the main antangonist of the third season. Loved her Arc.

1. Katherine