True Blood's Lauren Bowles on Season 7 Wedding Bells, Chances for a Movie

True Blood Season 7 Spoilers

With people dying left and right (and occasionally naked) on True Blood‘s final season, it’s becoming harder to predict just how it’ll all end — and Lauren Bowles is relishing every minute of her front-row seat to Bon Temps’ demise.

RELATED True Blood‘s Anna Camp on Sarah’s ‘Unexpected’ Reunion With [Spoiler]

Speaking with TVLine below, Bowles reflects on Holly’s three-week stint at Fangtasia, then does her best to tease the rest of Season 7, including my personal favorite question: Will someone say “I do” before the series ends? Plus, she discusses the possibility of a True Blood movie — and considering there’s a musical in the works, does a leap to the big screen really sound so crazy?

TVLINE | Congratulations on being the first character to escape the basement.
Thank you! I got out by the skin of my neck.

TVLINE | I was starting to think you were going to spend the entire season down there.
Believe me, so did I after we got those first couple scripts. I thought, “Oh my God, I’m going to spend all season in the saw room.”

True Blood Season 7 SpoilersTVLINE | How was it hanging out with Carrie Preston and Jurnee Smollett? You guys must have bonded.
Other than your ass getting awful sore from sitting on that floor for so long, we had so much fun. Our first day of filming — with the wonderful Mr. Moyer as our director, by the way — was in that saw room. Carrie and I started laughing because, literally, our first take of the season was just us screaming our little heads off. She turned to me and said, “Season 7, just start screamin’,” so we decided that should be the tagline for the final season.

TVLINE | These sorts of near-death experiences often inspire bold follow-up decisions. Might this all affect her future with Andy?
Well, just maybe. I do think that when you have this kind of life-or-death experience, it makes you want to live your life a little fuller, so perhaps that will be introduced into Holly’s personal life.

TVLINE | Well, we do know Andy is going to make a “life-changing decision.” Could that involve a ring?
[Laughs] You know what, I think it really affected all of those guys. If you remember that other town that was wiped out, it was full of the same kind of people living in Bon Temps. They were eating their frozen pizza dinners, and the next thing they knew, they were dead. Everyone’s having these philosophical moments with themselves, asking, “Am I living my life to the fullest?”

TVLINE | Not to the same extent, but with the show ending, I assume you’re feeling similar emotions.
Completely. I just dropped my daughter off at kindergarden camp, and she was nine months old when I got cast on the show. I’m feeling very full all around, but it’s also exciting to see what might be coming next. … It’s every emotion under the sun.

True Blood Season 7 SpoilersTVLINE | We’ve already had some surprises this season — Tara and Alcide’s deaths, for example — but are there still bigger surprises to come?
There are a couple coming up this Sunday, actually; it’s a huge action episode that ties some things up, but this being True Blood, more stuff starts to unravel. And from there, we just go out with a bang.

TVLINE | Does the series’ ending feel final, or does it sort of leave us with possibilities?
That’s a good question, and you know what? It’s kind of both. Certain things are wrapped up — like, the final nail is put on the coffin — and for others, you see how certain people’s lives could continue. I keep joking with our showrunner [Brian Buckner] about doing a True Blood movie, and he just looks at me like he wants to kill me. And I just say, “Come on, all the HBO shows are doing it!”

Truebies, hopes for the rest of Season 7? Drop ‘em in the comments section below.

1. JJM says:

I really hope Holly makes it out alive. I’d love to see a happy ending for both her and Andy.

2. Nate says:

I hope holly makes it out alive. And for being out loud i wanna see her do magic at least ONCE

3. Ginger says:

All I want is an Eric/Sookie ending. I don’t think I’ll get it but a girl likes to dream.

• Amanda says:

I’m with you but unfortunately I think the chances are 0%. Just seems like the show is setting up Bill and Sookie to reunite at show’s end. And the way this show works maybe by the end of next episode. I mean Sam grieved for Luna for about 5 minutes so I think we can expect the same from Sookie with Alcide’s exit.

• Tatjana says:

Same here!

4. Love her and I love the show and the craziness this season. Can’t wait to see what happens tonight.

5. Penni says:

Love Holly so I’m glad she’ll make it thru the season (or why would she want a movie?), I hope she and Andy get a beautiful romantic moment or two. Since Bill was kidnapped in season 2 I’ve been waiting for Bill and Sookie to get back together for good – by far the main reason I am so loyal to this wild and crazy show. I know how the books ended so I probably won’t get what I want. I’ll always have season one, the most perfect 12 episodes of television.

6. Tyna says:

I loved the show when it loosely followed the books.
    Now it is just really strange. And giving Eric the disease is just PLAIN WRONG!!!
    I hope they fix it before the end….

7. Dave says:

I’m so afraid that Eric is going to die…hope they eill give a fair goodbye to tche character at least and let Pam taking the Fangtasia to continue her maker work as a sheriff too. Sadly it looks like sookie and bill will stick together, even if it makes no sense after what he’s done in the last couple of season, hope at least that the writesrs are going to birng such a passioneta relationship that we’ll all come back to lome them as a couple. Anyway, non and forever #teameric

8. Ameer says:

I would not mind a True Blood movie but a lot would depend on how the show ends.

9. Gail says:

Love her! Holly has become one of my favorite characters on the show. A strong woman! TB doesn’t have a lot of those.

10. mollie says:

There is no doubt TB is setting up S7 for a Bill/Sookie reunion. Their relationship was interrupted in S2 because of Bill’s mission and the craziness in Bon Temps. It seems only right that they come full circle and Bill should finally hear Sookie say’Yes!’ To Bill’ proposal. Holly and Andy will probably get engaged in episode 5. And Jason is asking Violet if she wants to adopt a child. So BT is Avery different place now because of the Hep V War. Seems like Bill& Sookie might have a good chance to find happiness before everything is said and done.

11. Francine says:

I’m actually surprised to see people that like Holly. I do, but it seemed like everyone was complaining about the “side” characters getting too much attention. I love her and Andy. Andy is one of the few characters that has really grown and changed for the better. Strangely enough, I’m mainly watching for those two, Lafayette, and Jessica. I like Eric and Pam but don’t understand what they’re doing with them. And its obvious Sookie and Bill will be together again…. But I’m just over it. Both their characters have become pretty unlikeable to me, so I just don’t care anymore.

12. Hmm says:

I will stab myself in the eye if they make anything True Blood related after the show dies.

13. Sandra .B. says:

Will Lafayette ever be happy and will he ever get to use his powers.

14. Mikael says:

Sookie at the moment seems to be leaning closer to Eric. Their reunion was so sweet. I agree with the people who think the Eric/Pam flashbacks are leading up to Eric having to choose who lives, Sookie or Pam, and he won’t choose Pam this time. But at the same time, they definitely seem to be setting up Sookie/Bill. I think they pushed Bill too far off the rails and now it just seems cheap to put them back together. Find a cure for Eric and put him with Sookie.

15. becky salamone says:

I really don’t want it to end. I’m praying that Eric doesn’t die, but he probably will seeing as there isn’t a cure for Hep V.

And I agree on the movie idea, that would be amazing!

16. Judy says:

It is all a big dream, Snookie wakes up in her pink room, she looks to her open window the wispy lace curtains part …a butterfly flies in….it’s Bill

17. Judy says: