Exclusive

Reign Scoop: Spartacus Star Nabs Dangerous Season 2 Role

Reign Narcisse

A sexy ne’er-do-well is coming to Reign in Season 2 — and he’s got his evil eye on French Court.

RELATED Reign Promotes Jonathan Keltz to Series Regular for Season 2

Craig Parker (Spartacus: War of the Damned) has landed the recurring role of Narcisse, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Described as “brilliant, sexual [and] fierce,” Narcisse is a devout Catholic with a “death grip” on French Court. But every man has his Achilles heel, and in this case, Narcisse will meet his match in Catherine de Medici.

(A new sparring partner for Catherine? Yes please.)

In addition to Spartacus, Parker’s TV credits include roles on NCISSleepy Hollow and Legend of the Seeker.

1. Liz says:

Oo! I love Catherine so a new target for her to destroy is always welcome

2. wrstlgirl says:

OMG this is amazing. Loved him in Spartacus.

3. gina says:

Gaius HOTTIUS Glaber :)

• ChrisGa says:

Uh, thank you; Parker is GORGEOUS. That said, I have faith in Catherine(and the mighty Megan Follows) that she’ll “handle” him properly. ;)

4. Shaun says:

Darken Rahl!!

5. I bet Craig won’t be using his Kiwi accent!

6. Kate says:

Catherine is my favorite character! Cannot wait to see this play out.

7. enuff said says:

Yes, he was Darken Rahl but he will always be Haldir from LOTR to me.

8. Moment says:

Personally I think Craig Parkers most notable TV role was in Legend of the Seeker as Darken Rahl, it was easily a showcase of his talent. It’s just a shame it was cancelled, as he would have carried over into Season 3 nicely.

9. info says:

… and Lord of the Rings. AND Lord of the Rings. “In addition to Spartacus, Parker’s TV credits include roles on NCIS, Sleepy Hollow and Legend of the Seeker” and Lord of the Rings. Seriously, how could you forget that? Haldir anyone? Seriously.

10. Jay says:

his credits also include Shortland Street :P

11. My friends and I loved Craig Parker as the always dashing, if slightly demented, despot Darken Rahl on ABC’s awesome action/adventure Legend of the Seeker. We made this youtube vid celebrating the character: One Less Bellow to Answer – A Tribute to That Red Robed Rascal Lord Rahl: http://youtu.be/keM_aCwWL_k via @YouTube to voice our disappointment that the epic show was cancelled. Can’t wait for the charismatic Kiwi to come to court!

• Moment says:

He seems to love his Darken Rahl role too. Fans of the show have been trying to save it for years(Unsuccessfully I might add), but he tweeted a short while back that fans have a better chance at getting a movie than a third season, and that Sam Raimi could make that happen. So now they’re all trying to get him to get a kickstarter going lol.

12. Denise says:

I could not be more excited. Loved Craig in everything he did (most of all in Legend of the Seeker, Spartacus and Lord of the Rings). And Reign might be my new favorite tv series.