Emmys

Emmy Nominees React: Lizzy Caplan, Josh Charles and More Weigh In

emmy-reactions

We all have feelings about the 2014 Emmy nominations — some joyous, others catatonic — but let’s forget about ourselves for a minute and focus on the actual nominees.

RELATED Primetime Emmy Nominations 2014: Ausiello’s Snappy Judgements

TVLine reached out to this year’s biggest (and potentially still-sleepiest) nominees for their reactions, and of course, for your browsing pleasure.

From first-timers like Masters of Sex‘s Lizzy Caplan to seasoned veterans like Nurse Jackie‘s Edie Falco, click here to view our gallery and find out how this year’s contenders are handling their nods.

We’ll be adding to our list once we receive more reactions, but for now, drop a comment below with your reactions to this year’s list of nominees.

TAGS:
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Interviews

1. Sade says:

Tatiana Maslany was robbed yet again, and I don’t buy the Academy is old school and doesn’t like science fiction excuse.

Let’s talk Scandal. Kerry Washington getting a nod for last season while Bellamy Young wasn’t recognized seems crazy! Further, Kerry Washington is in a category where Tatiana Maslany was not recognized. For me, it cements that she is viewed as a highly popular diversity token, and that sucks. People on social media are talking about it how Ms. Washington will get a make up nod and eventual win since she was expected to win last year. And, strikingly, even Scandal fans in my informal survey of social media seem to agree that her nod this time around is not based on merit. I am not saying she doesn’t do good work, but Kerry Washington wouldn’t even make my list of top 10 lead dramatic actresses on television this year. For me, both the character and her performance really irked.

• bummedabouttats says:

I agree 100%. Tatiana was amazing!! Kerry is a 1 trick pony. she is solid but NO depth at all. Bellamy Young, on the other hand has layers upon layers. You love to see her character unravel and surprise. With Kerry you already know she is either going to scream like a shrew or cry like a baby. Uuuugggg!!!! And this is nothing to do with race – I am the same race as Kerry. this is all about the art of acting. the emmy awards hold no merit for me any longer – I see they are biased and rigged. So disappointed for both Tatiana and Bellamy. It’s just wrong.

2. Sade says:

Downton Abbey? still?

Mindy Project was robbed. Mindy Kaling is one of my sheros and she was announcing so that really hurt.

Other robberies:
    Brooklyn Nine Nine (except for Andre)!
    The Good Wife but glad to see Juliana Margulies back there
    Hannibal
    The Americans

• kea says:

Bellamy Young didn’t get nominated because she couldn’t compete with the other actresses. Has she ever been nominated for anything? Hello, no! It’s not Kerry’s faught that Tat Tat didn’t get a nod. Just because you play multiple personalities, doesn’t guarantee an Emmy nod. Maybe next year she can portray Claire Danes or Robin Wright and land a nomination that way. So far she’s 0 for 2. Kerry definitely deserved an Emmy nod. She’s the reason Scandal is one of the most popular shows on network tv. Scandal would be off the air without Kerry. It’s funny how for years mediocre actresses have been nominated and won an Emmy, but when a black actress is nominated from a top rated show then she’s a token. Well it’s just like Joe Morton said, “you have to be twice as good.” Years ago Diana Ross gave a brilliant performance as Billie Holiday and she still didn’t win the Oscar. Also, Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, but she also didn’t win, hey I guess that was fair. Kerry doesn’t have to be a Shakespearean actress to get a damn emmy nod or award. She’s delivered with the material that she was given to work with and successfully succeeded. I’m proud of this intelligent and beautiful actress. I look forward to another great season of Scandal.

3. Gerald says:

Jane Lynch REALLY!!!! Jeff Probst and Chris Harrison are doing outstanding hosting on their shows and she is like the Bob Saget of TV Hosts.

4. Em says:

Enough already with Downton Abbey! The Americans actors are top notch, why not them.

• bummedabouttats says:

Agree. Downton Abbey is the most boring – nothing to do all day but get ready for dinner show ever. Puhleeez. And the pale actress that was nominated. What!!!!!!