Exclusive

Wes Bentley Joins AHS: Freak Show as [Spoiler]'s Tormentor

Wes Bentley American Horror Story Freak Show

Wes Bentley is getting his Freak on.

The American Beauty actor has landed an arc on American Horror Story: Freak Show, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTO American Horror Story First Look: Sarah Paulson’s Freaky Character(s) Unmasked

Bentley will appear in the show’s two-part Halloween episode (tentatively set to air Oct. 21 and 28) as Eddie, a dark tormentor from Kathy Bates’ past who is hell-bent on revenge.

The latest incarnation of FX’s anthology hit centers on the last freak show in America in 1952 and stars AHS vets Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy and the aforementioned Bates. The cast also includes Michael Chiklis, who will be playing a strongman who’s married to Angela Bassett’s character.

Bentley is among the leads in AHS cocreator Ryan Murphy’s HBO pilot Open (which I’m told is still in the mix at the cabler).

1. Kristen says:

WOOT WOOT!!

2. alistaircrane says:

Good choice! I hope Open is ordered to series. The cast is fantastic and the concept sounds great.

3. I don’t know who this so-called Wes Bentley is, but I hope he’s less boring than looks.

And every time I read Michael Chiklis’ name, I recoil. Just… blerg.

• Mom4Coop says:

Perhaps you shouldn’t be watching then. Wes has been in great films as “American Beauty”, and “Hunger Games”. Since you “recoil” at Chiklis’ name, I don’t need to go there. If these actors don’t appeal to you, then don’t watch. Plain and simple.

• Sassy Sassy says:

You should watch American Beauty, that was his first role as Ricky Fitts. Very good actor.

4. Tess says:

What does Open being “still in the mix” mean? That it is still being considered for pick-up to series? That they will go forward with it but are just holding it until the right time? That no definite decision against it has been made yet?

5. Ah. That’s who he is. American Beauty? He was fabulous in that, and at a very young age. He and Kevin Spacey were that movie. I can definitely see him in and AHS part. Awesome addition to an already awesome cast.

6. Sheryl says:

CAN’T WAIT! !!!

7. Dark Rose says:

Nice. I also would like to see Crispin Glover in AHS … he seems like he would fit somehow.

8. Felecia says:

SO excited for this!! Wes has actually been in the horror industry for many years (Scream 2, Urban Legends, P2) So I know he will fit in perfectly. Can’t wait!! ^_^

9. steven says:

Come on, bring back Zachary Quinto.

10. Awntypam says:

This season better be better than last, loved the first 2 seasons but last season sucked!!

11. Majella norrny says:

So excited can’t wait for this, love the show

12. Crystal says:

He is also the bad guy in Ghost Rider and P2. I’m so excited to see him in this!

13. I hope Pazzi’s part is better on T.V., than in the movie. The book explains his character sooo much better, and why he needed money so bad.