Exclusive

Sons of Anarchy Recruits Courtney Love for Pivotal Season 7 Arc

Courtney Love Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy‘s final season promises to be one big Love-fest!

The FX drama has tapped rocker Courtney Love to join Season 7 in a pivotal, multi-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | New Year’s Deathwatch: 24 TV Characters We Suspect Won’t Make It Out of 2014 Alive

In what marks her dramatic TV acting debut, Love will play Ms. Harrison, the straight-shooting preschool teacher of Jax’s eldest son, Abel. Look for Love’s educator to take a special interest in Abel — which will likely spark an interesting reaction from the boy’s mother Wendy (newly-minted series regular Drea de Matteo).

Love, who put the brakes on her acting career of late, won raves (and a Golden Globe nod) for her supporting work in 1996’s The People vs. Larry Flynt. Roles in the Andy Kaufman biopic Man on the Moon and the Kiefer Sutherland drama Beat followed.

RELATED Sons of Anarchy Final Season Scoop: Look Who’s Back!

This is hardly the first time SOA has gone to the music well to cast key parts. Dave Navarro recurred as a gang member in Seasons 5 and 6. And Marilyn Manson is set to appear in Season 7 as a prison power player who has dealings with Jax.

SOA Season 7 bows this fall. Love will debut in Episode 4.

1. Li says:

preschool teacher? Speechless and intrigued at the same time. I’ve seen Ms. Love in movies and she isn’t a bad actress, but I just can’t see her playing a preschool teacher. When’s the premiere?

2. klynn1075 says:

Michael you forgot to mention that Henry Rollins was on as well.

3. Meg says:

What a joke….

4. Well…this should be intersesting

5. Jared Parker says:

I wonder if she’ll fall in Love with Wendy

6. Rose says:

Any idea when season 6 DVD will be coming out?

7. Zach says:

Really? I figured she would be playing a drug addict.

8. Drew says:

Fail. Words cannot describe the level of fail. Horrible woman.

9. LonePalm11 says:

How about we spend the final season giving story to the characters we actually care about: Jax, Chibs, Happy, Tig and Bobby and quit wasting time on useless characters like Wendy, this new Arian shot caller and now this preschool teacher.

10. LB says:

DJ Ashba, the current GnR guitarist, had a non-speaking part in the clubhouse, as well.

11. JBS says:

Courtney Love as a preschool teacher? LOL Now that I have to see. Looking forward to seeing her premiere in SOA.

12. EJ386 says:

On the one hand I would want to be critical and laugh really hard hearing this news on the other hand Kurt Russell does amazing work on Sons Of Anarchy and I love this show. So probably it will turn out great. So I am exciting to see the new season.

13. christine says:

Love is a surprisingly good actress. Should be interesting.

14. bryonthelyon says:

henry rollins was in second
    season !!!!

15. Jadda Trosclair says:

Can’t wait to see it

16. IMHO says:

Kurt Sutter does have a sense of humor and he seems to love a little controversy.
    Ms. Love has been in several movies ( The People vs Larry Flynt ) and has done surprisingly well.

17. meghan says:

It’s almost like Sutter wants the viewers to hate him.

18. Rich says:

SOA is is the best dam series on TV

19. Rich says:

SOA is the best dam show n TV period

20. Denise says:

That’s why it’s called acting, pretending to be something you’re not. Ought to be interesting! Can’t wait for Season 7!!!!

21. Dime says:

Courtney love is a heroin, crack, meth addict so to play one in the people vs larry flynt she just had to be herself and didnt need to act, what a joke putting her in SOA,

22. queenbrat says:

I really like this show. I wish it wasn’t ending.

23. Morgan says:

As a teacher?? Really? OK I was thinking like another hooker!!

24. Hening says:

What an awful idea!!!! Rocker? Paleese!!! Was Yoko Ono booked already?

25. Batman Of Steel says:

ALL my money says she will die in it.

26. Me34 says:

Personal life aside (not that we should care what she does, because we shouldn’t), Courtney Love is a great actress. She’s at least better than 90% of the cast, Charlie Hunnam included (but being fair, he’s just OK) and she’ll do fine.

27. Sarah says:

Courtney Love? Really Sutter?! Not a fan of that woman,
    only thing she did right was marry
    Kurt Cobain. Dirty. And as a school
    teacher is that supposed to funny?
    All this focus on these new irrelevant
    characters. We care about the cast we have grown to love!

28. When does the new season start?

29. kreegar777 says:

I wonder what this “Special ” interest in Abel is…with this show ,anything is possible…a Mary Kay Letourneau theme maybe…

30. carol says:

For those who truly enjoy SONS and are sad to see it end, a parade of new faces doesn’t seem necessary to me. The existing cast are among the most talented and believable characters on television, why mess with that? Kurt never ceases to write controversial and often riveting scenes yet I need closure for the characters and series I truly enjoyed …. it’s tough enough to watch Wendy and not Tara with the boys – Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson, seriously? I’d rather see Jax come to terms with his demons and destroy Gemma! Rant over ….

31. Meg says:

Just a little correction, Michael. Wendy might have given birth to Abel but she signed all her parental rights away to Tara and Jax in season 4. Saying she’s his mother isn’t true. Tara was his mother in every sense of the word.

32. barbara says:

Gd for Mis love….she is beautiful…finally some one pretty…..gd actress also….

33. I’m excited. Courtney Love might be portrayed as a great many things, but there’s no denying that she’s a fine actor..

34. Andy Dryland says:

Here in the uk, we haven’t seen the season 6 yet. It can’t end it is a class show, we love I over here.

35. Sue says:

Why do they even have to end the show? I want more seasons. I bet nobody noticed that some of the Mayans are also on gang related. Never been a fan of Courtney love but I guess she will either change my mind or validate it.

36. Donna says:

Love as a preschool teacher…ok. Not so sure about that..but I will say Kurt Sutter you need make sure you do a drug & alcohol test on her everyday.

37. Krystal says:

Can’t wait I just miss jaxs sexy ass

38. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

OK, I’m reading all the comments on here and damn I miss the party! Majority don’t like her and some are meh, me on the other hand WTF?! Her crazyass a pre-school teacher? HAHAHA I TRUST Kurt and the writers but come on now REALLY!!!!!!!!!

39. patti fendler says:

Very very disappointed! What a downfall to such a epic show.. Between her and Manson my favorite show is not going to end with the dignity that it deserves. Sutter could have done way better!

40. Torino Joe says:

Seems like they are relying way too much on gimmicks and guest stars this last season. A shame such a well written series is going out like this.

41. Courtney Love is going to be awsome for SOA!

42. Dave from the trailer says:

Interesting choice. Too bad the last 3 seasons have been one huge tire fire. Smart writing has been replaced with over the top plots and action/violence. Watched a few season one episodes the other day and it’s a little disapointing to see where this show ended up.

43. Lauren says:

If Courtney love is on that show I’m done watching it for good! She killed kurt cobain. I’m done!

44. Heathers says:

I’d hardly call her a rocker, or a talented actress. More like a woman who rode the coat tails of her husband’s success. She is so gross looking- it’s hard to imagine her as a teacher. Yuck.

45. Trent says:

Plenty of actors have been good performers while being rotten people off camera (CLove), and good people off camera playing a-holes (Rollins in season 2 is a good example of the latter) People hating on Love for who she is off camera, and saying they won’t watch the show because of her, are better off not tuning in, since they don’t get it anyway.

46. cindy says:

this I gotta see.

47. Yes, I love SOA, but I am one of the few (I glean from these comments) that think that Sutter should have ended the show when it was still believable. This is why I give props to Breaking Bad’s producers and director. Best written show I’ve seen in so long, and blew SOA out of the water (writing-wise). Just one person’s opinion, and I do love the show, but they have killed so many people off that I see Bobby riding off in the sunset after Jax and Nero destroy each other, and when Gemma gets hers.I hope Sutter wraps it up and does a really good series some justice by giving us a kick-ass last season.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Of course they’re gonna kill people off. SOA is loosely based on HAMLET most of the major players on the show are gone now. I strongly believe Kurt Sutter and his writers are going to give US a dark, bloody, revenge filled final season with I hope a very ‘EPIC ENDING.’

• tina says:

I agree. Let’s just see the ratings next season. Will they watch or turn away…

48. Angela Gandy says:

I think he should get everything he done to his wife when she was in jaildone to him in jail in jail like finding a blond to have sex with he should have been killed not her