Exclusive

OITNB Star Joins ABC's Forever as Series Regular

Lorraine Toussaint Forever

Out: Prison jumpsuit. In: Gun and badge.

That’ll be the case for Orange Is the New Black‘s Lorraine Toussaint now that she’slanded a series-regular role on ABC’s upcoming fall drama Forever.

RELATED Orange Is the New Black Stars Pick Most Memorable Season 2 Scenes

[Warning: OITNB spoiler alert ahead.] When we last saw Toussaint’s character Vee on Netflix’s women’s prison dramedy, she’d been run down by a van midway through an escape attempt.

With Vee possibly headed for that great prison yard in the sky, Touissant was freed up to portray Forever’s Lt. Joanna Reece, a “weathered,” fiftysomething police vet who’s “seen it all” — and serves as the new boss for Alana de la Garza’s Det. Jo Martinez.

Forever stars Ioan Gruffudd as Dr. Henry Morgan, a New York City medical examiner who studies the dead — because he is secretly immortal. Law and Order vet de la Garza plays the recently widowed NYPD homicide detective who utilizes Henry’s insights in her investigations.

Forever will air Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC, follwing Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

1. BrittBrat says:

I love her, but I’m not so sure about the show. The trailer was not informative at all and it didn’t catch my interest.

2. Kvivik says:

Yeah, the trailer wasn’t that good, but don’t not watch the show cause the people who made the trailer are idiots.
    Do what you can to watch the first two of episodes. If it still hasn’t piqued your interest, then dump it.
    That’s usually when I decide to dump shows.

3. Sheldon W. says:

Loved the pilot; was planning on watching anyway.

This is just a lovely bonus!

4. Command says:

She better get an emmy for her role. Unbelievable, she was.

5. bj says:

Well they may have just convinced me to watch it with this move. I’ll at least watch the first episode for sure.

6. meatwad says:

i’m curious about the show, i’ll give it three eps to wow me

7. Smigglesby says:

The pilot was really, really dreadful – as most pilots are. But Toussaint could really class up the joint.

8. Kyle says:

Is she replacing Barbara Eve Harris?

9. Me34 says:

She was the best part of the second season of OITNB (and what an improvement they made from season 1 to 2). Such an amazing actress. Hope gets nominated and win for any coming awards shows.

10. I very, VERY much want this to mean Vee didn’t survive that hit and run! She’s just cockroach enough that she would!

I know its unrelated so many this is more for the spoiler post, but when will Natalie Figueroa be found out and joining the ladies on the wrong side of Litchfield? I grew to really like her character this season!

11. Dude says:

She deserves SO much better.

• J says:

Me too! She is too good for ABC anyway! I like to see Lorraine on cable TV or Netflix show. I would rather her to back to The Fosters than Forever. I just love her so much but not this show because it sound stupid to me.