The Glee Serial Hacker Strikes Again: Lea Michele Is Not Pregnant

Nickelodeon's 27th Annual Kids' Choice Awards - Arrivals

This might be a good time for the cast of Glee to change their Twitter passwords.

A day after Chris Colfer’s faux announcement that he was fired from Glee, co-star Lea Michele “revealed” on the social networking service early Friday that she was expecting her first child. But the actress’s rep confirms to TVLine that Michele was also the victim of a hacker.

“Before this gets out to the media, I would like to announce to my fans that I am pregnant,” read the Tweet, which ended with, “#BabyBoy.”

The news was instantly met with skepticism, and not just because of the Colfer incident. Barely a week ago, the actress was photographed taking a surfing lesson in a string bikini.

But the question remains: Who is twe-orizing the stars of Glee? And what is his/her end game? Speculate away in in the comments!

1. Lon says:

She would have to be 4 or 5 month pregnant to know it was a boy. She certainly does not look pregnant.

Hackers need lives.

• Brooke says:

Right? So many books to read, video games to play, shows to watch, museums to visit, drinks to share, conversations to be had with friends and family…in other words, so many things to do in life that I can’t imagine wasting limited time with such stupid, malicious tasks. That goes for any internet trolling, not just these two Glee hacks.

• Shazay says:

Uhhhh I’m going out on a limb here and saying Hackers is an excuse people use when they post shocking tweets on purpose to get themselves trending again. The two of them have been on the decline since Glee has been tanking and they need some buzz. This isn’t hackers, this is them being scandalous to themselves.

• Shazay says:

I loved Glee, and I will watch it till it ends, but if anything, these ploys are leaving a bad taste in my mouth, and I’m considering forgetting the final season altogether.

• Broadway Boy says:

Only the deeply vapid think these two hacked themselves. Given the nature of much of the Glee “fandom” these types of hackings are pretty inevitable…

• Lon says:

Sorry but Lea is not going to tweet she is pregnant when she has been getting heat from fans just for dating again. She does not need this type of PR.

• David4 says:

Bingo. These people will not have a career after Glee ends. They can’t act or are such divas no one wants to deal with them.

• Ellymae says:

LOL well considering Lea had a successful and active life on Broadway long before Glee was even thought of, and Chris is a published author and is now actively taking producer and directorial rolls, I don’t think your plan is going to work. While you might not like the show or the individual actors, and think that the fan hype represents who the actors really are “in person”, doesn’t mean they aren’t going to be successful

• KC says:

Decline? Where have you been? Neither one of them needs to tweets to get themselves trending…. LOL

• So true indeed if I must say.

• Alexa42 says:

I had a CVS (alternative to amnio) and found out I was having a boy at 10 weeks and a day. Just sayin’….

• alexa42 says:

I had a CVS (not the drugstore, an alternative to amnio) at 10 weeks and change, and we found out we were having a boy 48 hours later. Just sayin’ she could find out before showing. OTOH, this is clearly some dumb hacking scheme.

2. GuessWhat says:

The big story here is Twitter’s horrible security. Maybe some of you journalists can work on that part of this issue? Do Twitter spokespeople even respond?

3. Arie says:

Their accounts weren’t hacked. They’re just being stupid and then claiming they got hacked. They’re just bored and want to f*ck with their fans.

4. Jared Munson says:

It’s probably either someone on the crew or them trying to drum up more publicity to drive ratings for a final season.

• SMH says:

Yes, because they would still care about ratings at this point. *sarcasm* The show’s over. They’ve got one last run of 10-13 eps no matter what the ratings are. And no one would even pull a stunt in the middle of summer to work up interest in a show that won’t air again until 2015. Think.

• Jared Munson says:

Way to be an asshole.

• S. says:

Were you looking in a mirror when you said that, Jared? SMH was speaking the truth. If you choose to be obnoxious, that’s not anybody else’s fault but yours. Do you even know how PR and marketing work? Lea’s not above creating her own publicity as a general rule, but she wouldn’t be doing this now. Any self-respecting attention-seeking celebrity knows you don’t put out a pregnancy announcement on July 4th.

5. David4 says:

I’m sure it’s been “hacked”. It’s probably someone at Fox trying to get some buzz for the final season because the ratings have been so horrible.

• stop you sound silly says:

So thy do it 7 months before the show is to return? That makes no sense.

• Lauren says:

Right? Maybe math is really really hard for the conspiracy masterminds above LOL

• David4 says:

Yes because it’s summer and they want the world to know the show wasn’t canceled, but should have ended last season anyways.

• Lauren says:

David sounds like an awfully bitter awfully butthurt fan LOL.

• iWoman says:

This makes zero sense. It doesn’t matter at all if people are talking about Glee over the summer when it doesn’t air again until January or February. And Chris Colfer has a book coming out next week. I’m quite sure he doesn’t want people asking him about Glee when he wants to talk about his book, and now they will.

• cycworker says:

That was my first thought, too.

6. anna says:

I disagree with people saying it was them. lea has been getting enough press with this new boyfriend thing. plus, why would they want to promote their show right now when it won’t even start until januarty or febraury. it makes no sense. it is too easy to hack now, internet companies should have better security.

7. This hacker who probably masterbates to Dianna Agron photos in his parent’s basement needs to get a life or if this is a stunt by Ryan Murphy himself to get viewers to tune in for Season 6.

Either way hacking is wrong and they need to stop doing this.

• no way says:

Season 6 isn’t even going to air until 2015. Why would he do this now?

• Mena says:

Does it really matter? Glee is declining. It’s going to be its last season or rather half season. All this is doing is keeping the show’s name in print for the time being. I think that this hiatus will be a REALLY LONG and devastating one for the show. And, I think Glee knows it, too. After all, interest in the show had reached an all time low. This type of thing are actions by mean and board people. True hackers are gifted computer geeks who have hacked into huge business, government, and medical entities having stolen huge amounts of data affecting hundreds of thousands of people in every way possible.

8. Kristina says:

Kinda think she’s been through enough lately without people making crap up, much less accusing her of doing it herself. Cut the woman some slack!

9. wordsmith says:

What do you want to bet a version of this whole fiasco gets written into the show sometime during the final season? Ryan Murphy and Co. live for this kind of art-imitates-life stuff.

10. John says:

Right…. Hacker.

11. Cheri says:

I feel sorry for any celebrity because they will always be scrutinized for anything. Whether these items of celebrity gossip are truth or fiction. Some are planted, most aren’t. It doesn’t matter if the celeb might be unscrupulous enough to plant these ditties out or not. These hacked accounts just make those celebs most generous with their comments with their fans, less likely to be open in the future. Personally, I don’t care to know what they do. But, many fans clammer by the web to see these tidbits of pictures of their idols lives.

12. iWoman says:

I hate the new design of TV Line.

13. Wire Dream says:

I hate hackers. They screw with my mind. I was DEVASTATED when I found out that my unmitigated joy of NOT having to hear Colfer “sing” on the final season was for nothing. Damn you, universe!

14. K says:

This isn’t a coincidence. I’m sure that this is a marketing plan from Fox to hype up Glee and boost up some ratings because they’re dismal. I don’t believe in this “hacker”.

15. I think it is just someone being stupid!

16. curtlyon19 says:

sounds like a ploy for attention. Only those die hards give a hoot about ANYthing re: GLEE, let it die please
    how do I mark it so I never see anything again about this show?

17. Nick V. says:

Am I the only one that thinks this is a publicity stunt? I mean I loved glee but last seasonI stopped watching because I couldn’t take it anymore, all of the kurt/blaine non sense, and Rachel being a diva, and Artie dressed as a sexual disease, there’s so much one can take but that was enough. As a ratings followers Glee has dropped significantly in ratings, in fact if they hadn’t been renewed already they would have been cancelled this season. I think this “hacker” it’s just the perfect way of attracting the media again so that people take interest in the last season

18. jusyf says:

she has been getting heat from fans just for dating again.
    They are focused by thousands of people, including those people with ulterior motives.
    As a common people, my facebook was hacked by someone through a keylogger.
    So, To protect my account, I never login to my account on any public device now.

19. Mouse says:

Except that “string bikini” you mention is a full coverage surf shirt and her abdomen is not visible. I don’t think she’s knocked up, but at least take a glance at the photos you link to. Jeeze