Dominion's Tom Wisdom on Michael-Gabriel 'Crescendo,' Alex's Path

Dominion_Feature_DW

Now that Dominion‘s Alex has set out into the big, bad world, he’s really going to need his guardian archangel, Michael. After all, you aren’t really a Chosen One if nobody’s trying to kill you.

RELATED Rescue Me Vet Andrea Roth Joins Syfy’s Deep-Space Miniseries Ascension

Tom Wisdom, who plays Michael, explains that because Gabriel is aware of Alex’s status, it’s only a matter of time before the rival angel comes after him.

How far will Michael go to protect his charge? Below, Wisdom answers that question, previews tonight’s episode (Syfy, 9/8c), and more.

TVLINE | What can we expect in this week’s installment?
Alex has left Vega. As soon as Michael finds [this] out, he’s going to have to do something about it, because the reason he’s on Earth in the first place is to protect Alex at all costs. He’s got to make sure he’s protected. So he’s going to go after him.Dominion_Fight2_DW

TVLINE | How would you describe Michael and Alex’s relationship?
He’s like Alex’s mentor. He’s very hard on him to begin with, but that’s just because he has to get him to a place where he’s able to defend himself. He knows the war is coming so Alex has to be prepared. But [Michael]‘s also incredibly fond and protective of him. He just wants the best for him.

TVLINE | How does their relationship develop as the season goes on?
Michael needs to train him some more. He also needs Alex to step up to the plate, to acknowledge the fact that he is the Chosen One. It’s his destiny and his path. Michael can only help guide him. Everything really is in [Alex]‘s tattoos, so it’s up to him to decipher those.

TVLINE | How far would Michael go to protect Alex?
He’d give his life [for him], I’d imagine.

RELATED Haven Casts Alphas’ Laura Mennell as a Real Trouble-Unmaker

TVLINE | What does Michael think about other humans?
He finds it difficult to understand them. I don’t think he gets involved in their politics — or he tries not to. His focus is simply to make sure that Alex can get to a level where he should be. It just so happens that he finds human women very attractive. He’s fascinated by the way humans feel and the way they think.

TVLINE | What else is in store for Michael this season?
Defending Vega and helping Alex along his path. His conflict with Gabriel certainly develops and reaches a crescendo. We learn a lot about Michael in the upcoming episodes.Dominion_Fight_DW

TVLINE | Will we be visiting any of the other strongholds, like Helena?
Maybe not this [season], but if this series carries on, then I would imagine [so].

TVLINE | You did pretty much all the flying and the sword-fighting yourself. What was that experience like?
To have good writing, an interesting character who I love playing and to be able to combine that with the fights and the flying and stunts, I absolutely love it. [It's a] great job.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews

1. James D says:

This show is a lot better then i thought it was going to be. I’m enjoying the story a lot and the acting is pretty good as well, Tom Wisdom is good in the role, I actually prefer him to Paul Bettney from the movie.

2. Love love loving this show. And I didnt think i would. Very excited to see where everything is going. Would have loved scoop on Michael and Becca thought?? Those two intrigue!

3. Sara says:

I am totally loving this show! Thanks for posting this interview! I am very intrigued by his character. I can’t wait to see what else this show has in store.

4. Fiona says:

Love this show so much more than I thought I would. Can’t wait for tonight!

5. Diz says:

Hopefully it picks up. I thought it’s been a little slow but I haven’t killed it off the DVR just yet.

6. LV Sunny says:

Like the show, just not the Alex character yet. I can’t get behind a lead character who constantly has a look on his face like he’s a victim. If he’s angry, look angry. But he keeps coming off like “life isn’t fair”. If the director can’t get that character to grow quickly past that pouting, I won’t be able to hang in and keep watching.

7. M3rc Nate says:

Really enjoying this show, way more than say Helix. They did really good casting for Michael, hes very odd/interesting.

8. tp says:

I really like the Michael character. I like this show much better than I thought I would. Glad I tuned in.

9. Patricia says:

Tom Wisdom’s pretty hot. That’s all id like to say. Thank you and have a nice day.

10. raineetoneme says:

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this show is! It is now a must-see for me. And the acting is way better than the standard fare you see on the network. I hope this one is around for a while.

11. dreamlife613 says:

I’m enjoying Dominion so far, though it has a lot of issues (poor production value, over the top acting, the Alex character), but it’s fun to watch. I am disappointed we won’t be seeing Helena this season. I guess that’s something to look forward to if it gets renewed.

12. Linda says:

I really love this show its the best

13. meatwad says:

this is the type of show i’ve been waiting on since they became the Syfy channel. i love it

14. Lexi says:

Alex starts show thinking he’s a bad__s. Then when it gets tuff he’s like poor me. Grow up. Be more like Michael (so hot) who gave up everything to save you.Love this show! Funny how in a war of extinction people are still conniving.

15. Chilly20 says:

I am really enjoying the show. I love the Michael character very much. He plays it very well. David, Riesen and Alex are all good as well. I hope it gets a 2nd season.

16. Dominion has turned to be a very engaging show from the Pilot. It has many intriguing and colorful storylines, perfectly written; great locations. The Cast is so harmonically selected and amazingly talented! All the characters are unique and exciting to follow. I’m completely in love with #Dominion!

17. heather says:

Love the show. Loved the movie too and I always wondered about a sequel to it so when I heard that Dominion was going to be a TV series based off of it, I was so excited. I enjoyed Paul’s portrayal of archangel Michael in the movie but Tom has very much grown on me in the role and he does the character justice. Great casting choice. Hope this series gets renewed, I will be very disappointed if it does not. I am enjoying all the characters and the plots.

18. Theod says:

A saving grace for this show is Actor Tom Wisdom as Archangel Michael. He is totally believable, enjoyable to watch and with fine acting miraculously manages to bring some class to the show. Savior Egan is pleasantly okay but totally miscast. Drawbacks are mismatched skills of acting, sets, wardrobe, direction, and writing ~ elements not yet up to classic angel series status. So there’s room for improvement. Keeping the faith!

19. Geraldine Frost says:

Came by this series by chance and from the positive comments and what I have seen so far it looks really promising. Certainly liking Michael played by Tom Wisdom, so hope it goes well and the series is renewed.

20. Night Scout says:

So the writing needs to tighten up – I was completely baffled last week. Did I get this wrong? Does it make sense that the way Michael was saved was by using an angel feather? Hasn’t he been fighting a war for the past 25 years and thus wouldn’t humans know by now how to take care of him? Isn’t he the great bulwark against the 8balls? C’mon writers…you have an audience DYING to stay in the world of Dominion (I loved the film, I love Tom Wisdom as Michael)….handle us with integrity. We love fantasy — not lazy deus ex machini. (BTW, spellcheck had a fit with this word.)