Pilot Scoop: Sara Rue Joins Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land's Impastor

Impastor Cast Sara Rue

Comedy vet Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect, Rules of Engagement) has landed the female lead opposite Smallville‘s Michael Rosenbaum in the TV Land comedy pilot Impastor, TVLine has learned.

The single-camera project from Christopher Vane (Suddenly Susan, Bill Engvall) follows a deep-in-debt scalawag named Buddy (Rosenbaum) who lies low in a small town by passing himself off as the gay pastor the local church recently hired.

Rue will play Dora, Buddy’s prim and somewhat anal retentive assistant.

1. Dee says:

When does this show start?

Can’t wait to see Rosenbaum on my tv again.

2. Joey Padron says:

Glad she’ll be on show as well. She was great on Rules of Engagement.

3. Miffay says:

From fat fattie to hot hottie!

4. Lesley says:

Nice! I’ve always liked her.

5. Kaitlin says:

I honestly think she’s one of the five funniest actresses in Hollywood. Surprised she hasn’t broken out yet.

• HAP says:

Supposedly, the Hollywood buzz is that she is very difficult to work with. Don’t know it for a fact, but that’s what I read.

• JT says:

I worked with her. She was great – always prepared, always delivered, and was nice to everybody. Spent a lot of her down time in her trailer and some people take offense to that. They want the actors to be on set entertaining them when they’re not working which is ridiculous. Maybe she just likes to read or watch movies. But I have trouble imagining her being difficult.

6. Steven says:

She’ll always be Carmen from Popular to me.

7. meatwad says:

like the leads, will check it out

8. Sebastian says:

Are pastors allowed to be gay?

• Zach says:

Lutheran ones definitely are.

• Sick Ofit says:

It is more the point of Hollywood making fun of Christians. You never see them doing this to Muslims they are the protected class. It is ok that they kill gays and women, but don’t let a christian say they disagree with the gay lifestyle. That is just to intolerant.

9. Sick Ofit says:

Anything to push gays into Christianity. Why isn’t he an imam? Oh because Hollywood is afraid to offend Muslims but as long as it is a christian it is ok, yet it is Muslims who will kill gays! Where is the Hollywood outrage over that? Hey why isn’t he rabbi? Would that offend Michael? I’ve wanted to see him back on TV but I won’t watch this trash.

• MiaB says:

I know, honey, because “Christians” (the woe is me type, not actual followers of Christ) are always being attacked by the heathen. That’s why the Supreme Court just said that if you’re a rich enough “Christian,” you can your personal beliefs over everyone else.

• Sick Ofit says:

Give me a break, they still provide birth control! They only wanted 3! taken off the ones that cause an abortion. Yet you try and make make it as if they banned all contraceptives! You’re the group that wants to force all your crap down other peoples throats! You want to sleep around and be gay have at it, but that is not good enough for you, you want to force everyone to accept it. If we don’t we are the problem but it is perfectly ok for you not to accept what we believe, hypocritical! You’re only tolerant when everyone agrees with you. As I said if it was just a fun show why not use a imam? Because all of you tolerant people will never say things against the group that stones gays and women.

• Sick Ofit says:

The woe is me type? that sounds like you and all the other people who cry discrimination. When Christians are discriminated against we should suck it up but you don’t have to do you?