Arrow Recruits Sin City's Devon Aoki for 'Deadly' Season 3 Role

Devon Aoki Arrow

Oliver Queen is getting a new mentor when Arrow returns for its third season. Will he end up hot for teacher?

RELATED Gotham to Premiere at Comic-Con — Plus: Arrow, Flash and More Previews

Devon Aoki (Sin City) has been cast as Tatsu Yamashiro — aka Katana — a “deadly,” blade-wielding martial arts expert, our sister site Deadline reports.

Aoki’s character — the wife of Oliver’s Hong Kong-based teacher and handler — will be seen in flashbacks, along with her husband, and will play a “critical” role in Oliver’s journey to becoming the Arrow. It’s not yet known whether Tatsu will also appear in present-day Starling City.

(Fun fact: Aoki’s brother Steve appeared as himself in a Season 1 episode of Arrow, DJ-ing the opening of Verdant.)

Arrow‘s third season premieres Wednesday, Oct. 8, at 8/7c on The CW.

1. Nate says:

Awesome. Love her

2. Not a big fan myself, but at least she looks like she can kick ass. Not my favorite casting choice but don’t hate it, seems about right.

3. This is actually a fairly big deal. Katana has been in various comics on and off for 30 years (worked a lot with Batman…), and has even had her own title for a short while.

4. ggny says:

Dam good Casting and a big one Katana is a pretty big character

5. Sean says:

Pretty sure Oliver says that he dated Steve Aoki’s sister, which is how he got Steve to play at the opening of his club, if I remember that episode correctly.

6. A says:

I hope Oliver doesn’t sleep with her, although I won’t be surprised if he does. I think Akiko (Toshi’s wife) was just the code name for Katana…

7. Steve F. says:

Nice catch by Team Arrow. I thought she gave up acting a while back (hence why Jamie Cheung is playing Miho in Sin City 2).

8. Jared says:

She’s gorgeous and a martial arts expert?..im in!

9. Ashley says:

This is fantastic. I love the casting for this show. Everything is awesome.

10. Mike says:

I hope this means The Outsiders are on their way.

11. Ron Matrisch says:

Personally for myself,all the flashback stuff could stop.If by now a 3rd season,and we have had no clue about his 5yrs on the island,we should by now..Stay with present times,leave past,just that past

12. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted at this web page
    is in fact nice.