Sense8 Cast: Wachowskis' Netflix Drama Adds Lost Alum and 13 Others

Sense8 Cast Netflix

Naveen Andrews (Lost) and Daryl Hannah (Hawaii Five-0) are among the just-announced stars of Netflix’s upcoming sci-fi drama Sense8 from Andy and Lana Wachowski.

RELATED Sense8 Scoop: First Deets on New Netflix Sci-Fi Drama From Andy and Lana Wachowski

Per our sister site Deadline, the international cast also includes Brian J. Smith (Defiance), Freema Agyeman (The Carrie Diaries), Aml Ameen (Harry’s Law), Tuppence Middleton, Tena Desae, Doona Bae, Max Riemelt, Alfonso Herrera, Erendira Ibarra, Jamie Clayton, Miguel Sylvestri and Terrence Mann (The Dresden Files).

As TVLine previously reportedSense8 will follow eight people scattered around the globe who are connected by a violent, shared vision. Each episode — shot in the UK, Seoul, Mumbai, Nairobi, Berlin, Mexico City, San Francisco and Chicago — will follow the characters’ separate stories, even as one entity tries to bring the octet together and another tries to kill them.

Ordered for 10 episodes, Sense8 is expected to debut on Netflix in 2015.

1. Harry Hamlin says:

My coworker’s sister-in-law doesn’t make much per hour, but she does love Daryl Hannah on ‘Hawaii Five-O’! I will definitely watch this show too LOL

2. Harry Hamlin says:

By the way, this is THE Harry Hamlin!

3. dreamlife613 says:

Nice! Glad to finally get an update on this project :) Also, very happy to see Naveen Andrews (my first choice for Game of Thrones’ Oberyn Martell). Hopefully his role will be more along the lines of Sayid from Lost than the character from Once Upon a Time. Also, glad to see an very international cast.

• Katie_Mead says:

I prefer to pretend that neither Akbari nor Jafar were played by NA, just a lookalike playing the pantomime stock bad guy. ;p

4. Katie_Mead says:

JMS, The Wachowskis and now the Buddha of Suburbia? Every time a new announcement is made about Sense8, I get amped up just that little bit more! It better live up to my unreal expectations … though I’ll probably be somewhat satisfied with anything that bolts out of this stable.

5. Jerry says:

Am I weird if I started showing interests in seeing any show produced by Netflix. I just have so much more faith in Netflix than many broadcast nets in terms of producing shows and keeping them on air.

I do have to wonder what the reaction will be when Netflix inevitably cancels one of their shows due to poor reception and/or views. Views will probably not matter directly but indirectly (HBO style).

6. meez cheats says:

This web site certainly has all of the information I needed concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.