Big Brother 16 Cast Includes Minister, YouTube Personality, Pedicab Driver

Big Brother's Christine, Donny and Paola

Did you hear the one about the police sergeant, minister and nurse who shacked up for the summer…?

The beginning of a questionable joke? Possibly, but it’s also the cast of Big Brother‘s 16th cycle, which CBS unveiled Thursday.

Among the 16 men and women competing on the Eyes summer staple: YouTube personality Frankie Grande, former pro baseball player-turned-motorcycle salesman Devin Shepherd, pedicab driver Hayden Voss and minister Jocasta Odom.

RELATED  Big Brother Season 16 Twists: Two Heads of Household and More

Although the cast is predominately young — the youngest houseguests are just 21 years old — school groundskeeper Donny Thompson clocks in at 42. (Editor’s note: Recent nursing graduate Nicole Franzel(see photo, belowBig Brother) looks suspiciously like last season’s headline-making Aaryn. I know your game, CBS.)

Before the show’s 16th cycle debuts (Wednesday, June 25 at 8/7c), scan through the list below to see who’ll be moving in this summer:

* Amber Borzotra, 26 (N. Hollywood, Calif) — Esthetician

* Christine Brecht, 23 (Tucson, Ariz) — Barista (top photo, far left)

Cody Calafiore, 23 (Howell, N.J.) — Sales Account Executive

* Nicole Franzel, 21 (Ubly, Mich) — Recent Nursing Graduate

* Frankie Grande, 31 (New York, N.Y.) — YouTube Personality

Derrick Levasseur, 30 (Providence, R.I.) — Police Sergeant

* Brittany Martinez, 29 (Torrance, Calif) — Event Coordinator

* Jocasta Odom, 33 (Lovejoy, Ga) — Minister

Victoria Rafaeli, 22 (Weston, Fla) — Photographer

* Zach Rance, 23 (Palm Beach, Fla) — Recent College Graduate

* Caleb Reynolds, 26 (Hopkinsville, Ky) — Adventure Hunting Guide

* Paola Shea, 27 (Astoria, N.Y.) — DJ (top photo, far right)

* Devin Shepherd, 26 (San Antonio, Texas) — Former Professional Baseball Player / Motorcycle Sales Manager

* Donny Thompson, 42 (Albemarle, N.C.) — School Groundskeeper (top photo, center)

* Joey Van Pelt, 27 (Seattle, Wash) — Makeup Artist

* Hayden Voss, 21 (Long Beach, Calif) — Pedicab Driver

Will you be tuning in to Big Brother this summer? And which of the contestants above — based on nothing but their names, ages and occupations — stand out so far? Hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Doug Conner says:

ahhhhhhh no

2. Kay says:

I am seeing a possible celeb’s brother in the mix. Maybe two…could that be the twist?

3. Stacie says:

Hayden Voss having almost the same name as Hayden Moss, Big Brother 12 Winner is the craziest part for me. I have never heard or seen someone with the name Hayden on a reality show before Hayden Moss, and now there is a guy not only with the first name being the same but the last name almost identical. Very strange.

4. Steve F. says:

No mention that Frankie Grande is Ariana Grande’s older brother? Hmm…

5. William says:

So long as the cast doesn’t consist of racist, sexist, homophobic imbeciles I’m good.

• Curly Girly says:

Seriously! Last year was awful, I couldn’t watch. It was the first season of BB that I didn’t watch to completion.

• Geo says:

Let’s hope they’re thwarting the stereotype, but the fact that one of the new contestants already looks like a Duck Dynasty reject may not bode well for avoiding last season’s racist/homophobic fiasco.

Not only did BB NOT deal with that bigotry effectively last year, there were signs the show was even happy that it improved their ratings. If it starts up again, it’ll be hard to argue that it’s not by the producers’ own designs. They’ve had a year to more effectively improve their screening process so we don’t end up with another season of “Big Bigots” rather than “Big Brother.”

The one thing that made the producers finally blink– and at least have to put up that worthless statement at the beginning of every episode– was that fans started writing the show’s advertisers, several of whom were reportedly not happy with having their products associated with bigoted shenanigans. People should keep track of who’s advertising on BB this year, and the SECOND any of this garbage starts cropping up again, start pestering the advertisers about it. If the producers haven’t made any serious attempts to screen better this year, then they have no excuse whatsoever, and should be seen as actively selling bigotry and treated– by fans, advertisers, and the network– accordingly.

• Ann says:

Geo, have you anything else to do in life? May I suggest watching something else maybe?!! I agree last year got out of control, but I do hope the show goes on for many more seasons. What you’re doing will eventually shut it down for good. I suspect that would satisfy your rant. Would it make you happy? The majority of fans do not agree.So many horrible things happening in the world right now, (the real world), they could sure use your passionate dedication for the cause! Please, use your energy on something that will truly help others! Not a reality nighttime television show.

6. David says:

I’ve never watched Big Brother. Is it worth my time?

7. JJSask says:

No thank you….the demographic is getting younger & younger all the time on this show. Pretty soon it will be school children. Why no real adults on the show?

• webly3 says:

Usually the real adults are the worst players.

• Saabgirlatx says:

Unfortunately I’m guessing real adults can’t take off 4 months for a reality show…. Hence we get 22 year olds.

• Jen C says:

That’s beacuse every year you get older so the cast seems younger lol I’m sure 90% of the majority of people applying is under 30, probably close to under 25

8. webly3 says:

I’m such a superfan. I’ve already watched all of the interviews the minute they came out at noon today. I’m rooting for Nicole already.

9. steve says:

Yes I will. But as soon as I see a person back on there from any past show’s I am gone. Never
    to watch the show again. The show should be for new players ONLY. surely you can come up with some kind of twist’s without putting back on past players. To me past players are boring
    and sore losers begging for another chance. FOR NEW PLAYERS ONLY, if not. it’s not fair…

10. I hope they do a fake eviction this year like they do on BB UK. That was great to have the evictee watch HGs for a week in a secret location in the house with other house guests thinking that they had been evicted and then reentering the game with the knowledge they gained.

11. Britt says:

Can I vote for cameras in the jury house?

12. Jerri says:

One of the Duck Dynasty folks is on Big Brother this season?

13. Gabriel says:

Don’t think I care to support CBS anymore after the Aryan Hour that BB became last year.

Especially given how absolutely NOTHING they did about it.

14. amber katleen says:

I love big brother I am a superfan.I don’t know what I would do if they didn’t have the show. My fav is caleb.

15. Sue says:

One of the girls had never heard of Big Brother. Now she is on the show. Is this true and who is it?