Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries Lead 2014 Teen Choice Award Nominees

Teen Choice Awards 2014

It’s a good day to be a vampire. Or a werewolf. Or a little liar.

RELATED | Teen Wolf Video: Stars Discuss ‘Surreal’ Fandom, LGBT Themes and More

Fox on Tuesday rolled out the first wave of 2014 Teen Choice Award nominees, and with contenders from shows like The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf and Pretty Little Liars, the list reads like a who’s who — and a what’s what — of teen TV.

The ceremony doesn’t air until Aug. 10, and there are still plenty of waves still to be announced. For now, take a gander at the list of nominees below, then drop a comment with your picks.

Choice TV Show: Drama

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
Dance Moms
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
Real Husbands of Hollywood
Total Divas

1. Dawn Wolfe says:

WTH! Where is Supernatural!!!! Nobody puts the Winchester’s in a corner!!!!!

2. Steven says:

Here’s hoping Tyler Posey gets the award. He’s adorable.

3. what the hell no steven amell for arrow?!?!

4. Kelly says:

Ian Somerhalder & Nina Dobrev slays.

• Talitha Padayachy says:

I think The Vampire Diaries deserves that award for tv series sci-fi/fantasy not because I am a big fan because they made E100 last year they all work really hard to make this show one of the best teen series ever.This show is one of the top listed cw series and the best of all, season 5 has come to thee end what a finiale wow! TVD making history watch The Vampire Diaries every Thurday night at 20:00 on the CW.thanx

5. Babybop says:

Hart of Dixie is a drama but Glee is a comedy? That makes no sense to me.

6. Aimee says:

Seeing Cosmos in the same category as Dance Moms makes me want to barf!

7. Aries says:

Chord Overstreet instead of Chris Colfer! LOL

• IC says:

Because Colfer is hilarious. Sure.

• may says:

I´m not even a Colfer´s fan, but you´ve got to be kidding!!! At least Colfer can move you and Kurt is one of those multidimensional character. When you watch Chord you just lose IQ points and get dumb

8. Mike says:

Basically if you show up you’ll get an award. It’s literally in the rules that the votes don’t matter.

9. In order to cope in the fast-paced market, new applications are expected.
    So unless service repair shop completes the formalities and find the necessary certifications they can’t start their business.

I have experienced my share of scams, and
    have actually done an excellent job avoiding being taken for the sucker and I’m here to share with you,
    Ameriplan is just not a scam.

10. Ram510 says:

I’m a little surprised Vampire Diaries was nominated so much since last season was horrible

11. Brigid says:

HORRIBLE! The Vampire Diaries should be completely off the list as the show had it’s worst year. The drama category is sad and the fact that the Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and 4 out of the 5 reality shows are even mentioned makes me gag. Who picks the nominees?

• Audrey says:

Apparently the TeenChoice organization, which consists of people who are not teens. Another fun fact: they choose the winner too, regardless of what the votes say. Google it, there are articles about it.

• Eric says:

Wow, I didn’t think it was possible to find an award more worthless than the People’s Choice award. I guess I was wrong.

12. Ashbash says:

Wow ABC family is dominating the tv drama category. And I’m so proud to see some new shows getting some teen choice love. The TV nominations have been basically the same for the past few years.

13. Dakota says:

Where’s supernatural and Jensen and misha I mean they deserve to be nominated

14. J says:

I wish Dylan O’Brien would have been nominated. He’s been great on Teen Wolf. Also no Awkward for fave tv comedy??

15. Sam Wyse says:

Kind of wondering how Vampire Academy (aka lets take a strong biracial lead role and whitewash it, giving it to a pale chick with a spray tan) and Zoey Deutch got nominated considering the movie is ranked #63 in the WORST movie openings/box office takes from 1982-present. I was under the impression the Teen Choice Awards honored the year’s biggest achievements in movies—not the biggest failures. Seems a little bit suspicious to me, who was on the nomination panel, ZD’s mommy & daddy?

• Jana says:

The same way Maddie Hasson got nominated for Twisted which was a flop show where her character was mostly hated. If anyone should’ve been nominated it should’ve been Kylie Bunbury. Lacey had the biggest fanbase on the show.

16. Ella says:

Supernatural is not a teen show. It’s a GOOD show.

17. Aimee says:

Is Ashton Kutcher still a thing? Really?

18. Louise says:

Does ‘hart of dixie’ honestly belong to the drama category.

And where is Stephen Amell for his Arrow acting? Like seriously?

19. Talitha Padayachy says:

I think The Vampire Diaries really deserver that award tv series sci-fi/fantasy.Nina Dobrev for tv series sci-fi/fantasy actress she is so good at her job in the vampire diaries she plays three roles at the same time and a good actress. Paul Wesley should win for tv series sci-fi/fantasy because is beyond good in his job and a sweetheart ,Ian Somerhalder also deserves it so it is mostly between the two of them.thanx

• Tamara says:

Ian Somerhalder is the best of Vampire Diaries, he and Nina Dobrev, I’m looking foward to the TCA 2014!!!! <3 I can't wait. #DELENA here.

20. Talitha Padayachy says:

Nina Dobrev should win for si-fi/fantasy because I love her I’m her biggest fan lol,and because she is a good actress she plays three roles at the same time which is super duper and she is vampire diaries lead role wow love.

21. Kristen says:

Reviewing this list almost makes me want to hurl. I mean seriously half of these shows are the worse shows on TV and the majority of the actors/actresses cannot act. UGH Teen EMO dramas. Bluck

22. I`m glad Kristin Kruek is nominated because The CW deserves to get noticed.

23. Ally Oop says:

What I like about the Teen Choice awards is that they have seperate categories for Sci-Fi/Fantasy and regular drama but what I hate is that the winners are determined by which fans storm the website most. I’d rather have a panel of teens (perhaps 200) randomly selected to vote then at least there could be some accountability.

24. Pavanne says:

Cosmos is a contender for Teen Reality show? There is hope for this country’s future! **sniff**

25. Xiolito says:

Vote Sleepy Hollow!!!

26. Rosio Delgado says:

I have to say I’m surprised and upset that Supernatural isn’t on the list since they have gotten a lot of ratings and their going into their 10th season. Which goes to show that a lot of people still watch and they would love to see their favorite show and fandom to be on the list and I’m sure the cast would be happy as well.
    So we hope to see the Supernatural cast(Jensen Ackles, Jared Padaleckie, Misha Collins And more) on the list.(:

27. jakori robinson says:

I LOVE TOTAL DIVAS

28. Pam Dufresne says:

I really hope you bring back Kat and Ian they are such a big part of the show, it wouldn’t be a good and best show with out them and I would love to see Lexie come back too. I have been a fan from day 1 of the show because I read the books. Please bring back those ones, it would be wonderful action and hopefully Bonnie will have her powers back and Damon will still be a vampire because Elana is, or she will have to change him. One way or another they have to come back and not as ghost lol.

29. Lannister says:

cant choose Ian or Morgan ><

30. Pinky says:

Vampire Diaries has won since 2009/2010 and I feel they are going to take the award again this year. Still remains the best coming-of-age fantasy drama on TV . Ian and Nina deserve the awards as well, this season was a real roller coaster for their characters and they took us along with them. The Vampire Diaries rocks!!

31. annu says:

where is supernatural and jensen ackles

32. Supernatural for Sci-Fi and Jensen Ackles for Sci-Fi Actor – at the very least should be here!

33. Michelle says:

Where the heck is Supernatural?

34. tammy says:

Please everyone vote for The vamps they are a nice band wanting to get somwhere in life.

35. Victorious says:

yay total divas

36. The dedicated team of AVG professionals is available here all round time, whom
    you are able to reach by calling around the AVG tech support number.
    So unless service repair shop completes the formalities and discover the necessary certifications they’re able
    to’t start their business. it also can be useful for headhunting and employment.

37. In order to cope in a very fast-paced market, new applications are required.

Each auction could possibly be conducted which has a different pair of terms including bid increments,
    quantity of auction rounds and expense reimbursement to the stalking horse.
    The business degree raises one’s social standing:
    in other words, it opens for you doors that might have otherwise remained
    closed for you.

38. suqoon.pl says:

And within the course of which analysis, it emerges that many dollar spent within the pursuit of the online degree is more likely to increase one’s lifetime earnings repeatedly fold.
    Each auction may be conducted which has a different list of terms including bid increments, quantity of auction rounds and expense reimbursement to the stalking horse.
    ll possess the practical guidance you will need on how to find a concierge business”.