Exclusive

Rookie Blue Casts Being Erica's Erin Karpluk in Mysterious Role

Rookie Blue Erin Karpluk

Rookie Blue is welcoming another Being Erica alum into its ranks.

Erin Karpluk, who played the latter series’ titular character, will recur on Season 5 of the ABC/Global series, TVLine has learned exclusively.

VIDEO | Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Degrassi Star Pulls a Gun on Andy and Dov

“[Being Erica] was a great show, created by one of my dear friends [Jana Sinyor],” Rookie Blue executive producer Tassie Cameron tells TVLine. “I’ve always been looking for a chance to get [Karpluk] on our show, and we finally did. So that’s very exciting.”

Cameron was mum on details about Karpluk’s character, who recurs in the second half of the supersized Season 5, making her debut in Episode 11. (ABC and Global will both air only the first 11 episodes of the drama’s 22-episode order this summer.)

PHOTOS | Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Will an Emotional Andy Leave Nick for Sam?

Other Being Erica vets to grace Blue include Adam MacDonald (as Detective Steve Peck) and Devon Bostick and Joanna Douglas, who both appeared in the first season.

Karpluk’s other TV credits include Life Unexpected, Supernatural and Saving Hope.

1. Ally Oop says:

We may have to wait another 10 months to see the second half of Season 5. I can’t see Global having room for it before then.

• TV Gord says:

Yes, although they’re calling it one season, I think Rookie Blue is pulling a Mad Men and we won’t see the “second half” until next spring.

Of course, if ABC–by some miracle–decides to show it in the regular season, Global will move heaven and earth to simulcast it with ABC. ;-)

• James says:

The soonest they could air the second half of the season would probably be winter when most US shows are on hiatus. Grey’s and Scandal would likely be on their 3-month break by then. :D

2. kiks says:

Great news! Love Rookie Blue and Erin was fantastic in Being Erica. Curious what her role will be on the show. In any case, whatever happened to plans about a Being Erica adaptation for the US? I know the idea was brewing several years ago…

• TV Gord says:

I know there were plans to shoot a pilot for ABC back in the 2010-11 season, but it never got past that stage. I don’t even know if the pilot was ever produced.

3. Barbie says:

I’m DEAD! I love her soo much! Being Erica is my all time favorite show!!!! Omg! Erin!!!!!

4. Love Erin Karpluck, she’s a great actress. Loved her in Saving Hope too.

5. Will says:

wow this is news? call me if she scores a real role..

6. ANNA says:

they must be bringing her in for nick, considering other hints they’ve dropped. I hope she’s NOT a cop but a lawyer or doctor type.