Heroes Reborn Brings Back Original Cast Member Jack Coleman

Jack Coleman Heroes Reborn

Break out the horn-rimmed glasses.

Jack Coleman will reprise his role as Noah Bennett (AKA HRG) for Heroes Reborn, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | NBC to Rock With Beatles Event Series: Who Should Play the Fab Four?

The 13-episode miniseries from Heroes creator Tim Kring will reconnect with the basic elements of the show’s first season — where ordinary people were waking up to the fact that they had extraordinary abilities.

Coleman — who has more recently appeared on Castle, Scandal and Burn Notice — recurred on the NBC series as the father of Hayden Panettiere’s superpowered cheerleader Claire, before being promoted to series regular midway through Season 1. Noah was also a former agent with the Company.

Heroes Reborn is slated to premiere Summer 2015.

1. Duuude! I was JUST watching the episode of CSI he was on just now and thought that he’d be the first one to come back.

2. steven says:

So Claire-Bear won’t return, but her father will?

• That’s conjecture. Let’s wait and see what happens. My guess is that Coleman was the sure thing since, unlike the main trinity (Claire, Peter and Hiro), the actor is the only one who doesn’t have a steady gig at the time, while the actors who portray those characters appear regularly (or will appear regularly) in three current TV shows.. It’s a matter of 1) the script requiring their participation, and 2) aligning their schedules in case it does.

3. So excited to see how they bring this series back. I was a huge fan of the first season and a little of the 2nd. I hope they can stay the course with it now being only 13 eps. I’m enjoying the mini-return of 24, so I’m hoping Heroes Reborn can join the club of me liking a show that’s returned for some more action!

• Faye says:

That was my experience too. If they go back to the original premise and tighten it up by shortening the episodes with good writing, I would be very happy to watch.
      I’d love to see Hiro return but an entire new cast centered around HRG would be just fine with me.

4. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I am over the moon at this news! HRG makes so much sense as a crossover character between the series.

5. johnhelvete says:

Best character on the show.

6. Tran says:

Hope Greg Grunberg comes back in the Heroes reboot.

7. Drew says:

I still can’t believe that of all the series that they could have brought back, they chose this one. I liked the show when it started, but they had every possible chance to make this series great and they ran it into the ground due to poor showrunning and complete lack of care being put into the Heroes universe. The show deserved to die when it did. I could see rebooting it entirely sometime, but continuing it really wasn’t necessary.
    All I can say is that if they don’t give Chuck 13 episodes at some point in the next couple of years, I’m not going to be pleased with NBC.

• Jess says:

They gave Chuck a proper finale. They gave Chuck a final season and the writers chose to give it that ending. Heroes didn’t get a proper ending because it got canceled after season 4 aired.

8. Wonderful, the guy they couldn’t bear to kill so they introduced the stupid magic blood is back.

Okay, that’s a bit unfair. HRG is of course awesome, but seriously, his death and resurrection in Season 2 was the worst part of that one for me. Magic healing blood has time and again been shown to be a terrible idea, I do not get why shows and movies keep using it.

9. God says:

I’d like to see him gather new metahumans for this new series.

10. J says:

I’d love to see HRG anchoring an entirely new slate of regulars, with maybe a couple cameos elsewhere.

11. Anita says:

I am so glad they are bringing back Heroes. They left us hanging when they canceled the show in Season 1. Hopefully, the show will tie both seasons together and end well.

• Jake says:

The cancelled the show after Season 3. Not sure if you just typed that wrong or what. I hope Ali Larter comes back, I loved Tracy and her super freeze power was the best special effect used in Heroes…

12. AW says:

Looking forward to HRG returning but not the others. I want HRG to anchor a whole team altogether! Since Heroes is returning, it would be nice for NBC to change its mind and bring back Believe and Crisis too for next summer.

13. Rich says:

HRG! This is a nice bit of casting and give me some hope for where the reboot is heading.

The entire concept of the HRG ‘aka Noah Bennet’ character was the best part of Heroes (Season 1) aside from Hiro Nakamura on the subway train.

Wish they’d had the ability to project the series forward ala season 1 but seasons 2-4 were an utter crapfest. Like many said it deserved to die at that point. They squandered the fandom trust they’d built up in so many ways… Much like ‘Glee’ did post Season 1.

Here’s hoping they can find a story worthy enough to attempt rebooting this concept, but if it’s just a cash grab based on the names… I’ll pass.

14. Azerty says:

Could he be the only survivor of the original serie? The reboot could happen in some post apocalyptic future where metahumans are hunted after Claire outed them in the serie finale and everyone from the original serie is dead? I would love that!

15. Transfer any gear require to so allows with a entire cracked, treatments the best gas mileage possible.
    Some of the larger businesses have owner-operators working
    for them or have their own tow trucks to make repossessions easier.
    Though a frontal collision between two vehicles has been identified as perhaps the most serious cause of fatalities in driver-to-driver collisions, in regards to the passenger,
    a side impact collision could be more dangerous.