NBC Bumps Crisis Finale to a Saturday

Crisis Series Finale

Crisis is ending a little sooner than planned.

NBC has moved up the canceled drama’s two-hour finale to Saturday, June 21 at 8/7c.

RELATED | NBC to Rock With Beatles Event Series: Who Should Play the Fab Four?

The de facto series finale was originally scheduled to air Sunday, June 29. Meanwhile, fellow axed freshman drama Believe will broadcast its finale tomorrow night at 9 pm.

Crisis debuted to solid numbers — 6.5 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating — but at last tally had mustered just 3.9 mil and a 0.8.

1. David says:

At least they are showing it. It wasn’t bad for a one time season. The quality has kind of gone downhill and I dont really see how it could go another season. But it was entertaining.

• johnhelvete says:

I am trying to stick with it until the end, but around episode 8 I started to lose interest. The writers IMO have picked plot over characters, which has meant very few interesting character moments. Meg and Susie being held captive and working thru their issues was more memorable than most of the plot twists.

The creator of the show claimed that season 2 would have been a new “crisis” and the show would have probably been like 24 with some of the same characters and a new “crisis” to deal with.

2. bamary17 says:

Sorry to see it end. Love Mark Valley and Gillian Anderson.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Yeah no biggie. Happy to at least see it. It’ll be like a Saturday night movie :-)

4. rob says:

I thought crisis and believe were good shows. lot of completion on Sunday nights.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Granted the shows ratings were never great but you can’t really judge by the “last tally” since most people bail after a shows cancellation is announced. I actually think these last few eps have been the best.

6. Tran says:

Really going to miss Crisis. Much better series than Hostages (CBS) in my opinion. Hope Rachael Taylor should definitely find a hit series that can still bounce back her TV career.

7. Steven says:

As long as it airs I’m good.

8. CKG says:

I’m happy because Gillian Anderson is now freed up for one of the best shows on television, Hannibal.

9. MandaJ says:

This show got better as it went on IMO. At first I wasn’t sure about it because it looked like it would be focused more on the teen drama but then I actually think it got suspenseful, at least predictable suspense. But still. I liked it. Will be sorry to see Crisis go into the sunset.

10. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Vlada,
    Thanks for the update!

11. Diz says:

The first half was good, but it’s just gotten dumb. I’ll watch to the end so I’m glad they’re at least airing them.

• Mark says:

First six episodes were good then they stopped and did a rewrite and the whole tone of the show changed anybody know why they did the rewrite in the first place.

12. James says:

Long running TV shows are more the desire of the producers than the viewers, Crisis and Believe had low development potential to make two or three seasons and should have been made as a an 8 part mini series instead. At least then the viewers can be offered better character development and a plot with a beginning a middle and a conclusive end.

13. dee123 says:

Gillian Anderson deserves better than this junk. I’d much rather watch her on U.K TV shows.

14. Dan the critic says:

NBC doesn’t know how to hang onto good shows. Believe deserved another year. I’m surprised they held onto Parenthood.

15. Cheryl says:

So sad to see it go. Love the idea of the crisis of integrity being played out in media. We need to have the hard dialogue about what integrity really means and how to react when we are being tortured. Having lived through some stuff in TX, this show was not far off the mark. The pacing may have felt slow for adrenaline junkies but for me it gave gravity to the situation instead of being a flippant response.
    The last 3wks haven’t been able to receive the NBC station with antenae so have missed the airing. Will have to catch it on line at wifi. In this area if you don’t have cable you only get ABC reliably. Such a frustration.

16. Judy Mott says:

It appears that the finale is NOT showing on Saturday, June 21st. I have enjoyed the show, and to NOT show the finale is just wrong. Will it show at any other time.

17. Nicki Long says:

You know NBC did the same thing with Deception
    crisis is a pretty good show I hope NBC will reconsider
    Cancel kin this show.

18. Tammy says:

I like the show & wish it was not cancelled. Seems like all the good shows get cancelled while all the crappy sitcoms stay on. My guide shows Dateline is on when the finales is suppose to air Sat. 21st.

• Faith says:

I completely agree, Tammy. It’s a shame. I hope they do show the season finale, because my guide shows Deadline as well for the 21st. I have the series pre-scheduled to record, but even that is not showing it.

19. Connie says:

So disappointed that Believe and Crisis are ending — especially BELIEVE. Believe was a refresh to network television. Would encourage reconsideration….

20. Andrea Mancias says:

I looked up for sat 6/21 season finale if crisis but its not schuled, would like to know the for sure date, thank you

21. Mel says:

Like Hostages, Crisis was only ever going to be a one-season wonder (and both failed at that, too). The premises of the shows precluded second seasons. I think that’s going to be the problem for The Following next season. Joe’s “dead”, again. Where do they go from there and what purpose would it serve bringing Joe back from the “dead”?

22. Loved the first 3eps but it went downhill with each successive week. I wonder how the numbers will be for the finale…I’m guessing not too good.

23. tommie says:

Trying to dvr the finale, but it’s not showing up on Saturday night??

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It was just announced/changed the other day. Give it time to populate. (Or just order a Season Pass etc.)

24. Jason says:

I had to do a manual set on my DVR as Guide is showing Dateline for two hours not Crisis. Like most other people I’ve grown pretty bored with it, but at least want to finish it. Sad because a lot of my favorite Character Actors are in this show. Oh well….

25. T Daniels says:

Crisis was my favorite new show in YEARS. Sorry to see it go. I was HOOKED.

26. Betty Folsom says:

So sad to see it end. My husband and I loved it–we were hooked. Taylor and Gross are great so I hope they get another show quickly. They are wonderful actors.

27. Anthony says:

True to form NBC cancels another good show. This is why I try to not watch anything on NBC.

28. Bob Koehring says:

I’m fine with it as long as the series has a plot ending and just isn’t cancelled

29. Michelle says:

I don’t think the show was given a chance..I really like the show and so does my family! Sorry to see it go.

30. Rosemary Storaska says:

I agree with the need for more character over excessive plots as the Dunn sisters presented some really good character acting that continued between Episode 8 and 11 and probably the finale. Mark Valley and Gillian Anderson were brilliant as expected and it produced a new talent in the name of Lance Gross. I still believe this show has much potential in another venue now that most of the cast have no more purpose and with some tweaking toward character acting versus overdosing on plot there are many more avenues available with the main characters and their families. Amber’s father is one such possibility as well as Susie’s relationship with her daughter. However, it kept me interested and nothing on broadcast TV will do that these days. What NBC is offering up new–another cop show by the other half of the X-files, David Duchovany, in Aquarius, which is a 70’s rewrite about chasing Charles Manson, along with a comedy of crazy family lawyers show little appeal just from the promos? Maybe David is trying to relived the X-files success in another form but its too close unless it bends toward sex and Californication which had its final season on Showtime? This was my first run with NBC and any broadcast show for that matter and it will now end. Season 2 of the Fall is coming and Doran and Anderson are terrific–leave it to the Brits to produce good drama. New episodes of Downton Abbey and much more British TV coming soon and on Demand? Hulu is airing CRISIS if you want to relive what you might have missed or rewrite the future just for fun. Hey, that seems to be a good idea?

31. Rosemary Storaska says:

Gillian is an executive producer of The Fall so why not Gillian? Give CRISIS a bigger twist internationally? What about it producers? Do what the X-files did? Take the unreal that can be/is real? With “terrorism” , “global markets” , “Middle East tensions” or “energy and black gold (oil) grabs–its endless and we haven’t even seen the finale that will air tomorrow lending itself to more? Meg is the “Master of the World” with corporate concerns everywhere. Take her and Amber overseas. Merge the honored team of Findley and Dunn with Scotland Yard for a special crisis in Season 2 and with Meg’s business wheeling and dealing the Dunn sisters could be at it again while the main characters work through personal issues of life, love and family. Build a bridge of storylines across the pond using Netflix or other paid TV with heavy promotion. A paid UK station has already purchased Season 1 of CRISIS so it already has started? “The Fall” DVD flew out of my local Target before I could grab a copy of Season 1. It gained an average of 3.5 mil people, weekly, just in UK? Word of mouth only increased, not slowed its popularity in the delayed US airing? We are one big blue marble? One country sneezes the other coughs? Why think so small as DC? Bigger just may be better!!

32. Not only did they bump it to Saturday, they bumped it from 8 to 9p (I think) something else is on NBC during my DVR recording. It shows a Blacklist previous episode at 10pm which I have to restore because I expect it to be hour 2 of Crisis.

Now, I agree, Crisis is not that great of a show… Like every other Police Procedural Drama- but I WAS watching it, and wanted to finish the arch…

Ever Since Burn Notice ended, I have no reason to keep Dish/Cable…

I am watching Halt and Catch Fire, but I can get that on Hulu or Torrent…

33. Why are TV guides wether from the newspaper on Sundays or TV guide magazine store bought or delivered by mail($4.99) cost in store, schedulings for the week always so wrong with their scheduling

34. Jenise Brown says:

I love Crisis and sad it’s ended. It seems the good shows get canceled.

35. Shun says:

I can’t believe that they cancelled two quality shows like Believe and Crisis. I’m done with NBC

36. Deb says:

I live in North Central Ohio and subscribe to Time Warner Cable. What the heck happened to the season finale of Crisis. We DVR’d it as scheduled (Saturday, 6/21) and instead of taping Crisis, it taped a Jennifer Aniston movie! I can’t find episodes 112 and 113 anywhere on our cable guides or channels (on demand , category search, DVR show list, etc). From searching the web, it appears to have aired.

• Rosemary Storaska says:

NBC just lost 3 million people who can’t be bought by stupid stuff that gives a temporary thrill such as American’s Got Talent and/or Blacklist that runs like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow where the same thing happens over and over except in BL it involves different people. Everyone over 40 walked out on that movie?

It was a really great twist at the end and my compliments to the chief so to speak! People get out of what Meg and others did everyday around this DC bubble so there is no stretch to take this CIA/FBI thing to a Season 2 easily? Congratulations, and thank you for something well done from cast to script and for bringing back some fine actors we have not seen enough of on TV or film. Lots of good chemistry going on in those last two episodes between Gross and Taylor; Anderson and Taylor; and some of the children. It played out like a fine book and I will most certainly look forward to a Season 1 DVD as millions await someone with the guts to give this show its due?

• rosestoraska says:

Watch it online at NBC CRISIS website.

• Deb says:

Called our cable company….the finale will be aired “On Demand” on 6/25…….they received several complaints from viewers.

37. Rosemary Storaska says:

Good for you! And they are receiving complaints about a NBC cancelled show??????????????????????

38. pam says:

The finale didn’t air on the 21st. Are they going to air it? If so, when? I really want to know what happens and not be left hanging!

39. pam says:

everytime nbc has a good like crisis, revo;ution or dracula they decdide to cancel. what is with this network?

40. Sojourner says:

The ending was very disappointing. Meg should have gone to prison along with the rest of them.

41. JoAnn says:

I liked this show a lot and sorry to see it go.

42. Ebele says:

I enjoyed every last minute of it. Sad to hear that season 2 has been cancelled.