Exclusive

Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Oliver's New Rivals and [Spoiler]'s Love Interest

Arrow Season 3 Felicity Love Interest

The CW’s Arrow has in its sights for Season 3 at least two new pot-stirrers — one of whom will cozy up to a lady in Oliver Queen’s life.

RELATED | Arrow Season 3 Burning Questions Answered: The Next Big Bad, a New Canary and More

TVLine has learned that casting is underway for four new characters, two of whom will figure into Oliver’s next stretch of flashbacks. Review the details below then hit the Comments with your theories on the new baddies (including who you would cast as you-know-who’s new beau).

RELATED | Arrow Star Weighs In on That Finale Scene: I Was Like, ‘Oh No, The Fans Are Going to Cry’

‘DANIEL’ | Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally.

‘SETH’ | A well-educated criminal with grand ambitions and a knack for chemistry, this potentially recurring character gains power over his enemies by exposing them to a drug that drains their willpower. Oh, and he is very much a physical match for The Arrow.

TOSHI | Majorly recurring in (at least) the Hong Kong flashbacks, Toshi (late 20s/early 30s) will serve as Oliver’s teacher and handler, and eventually become a friend. A well-trained operative, skilled in weaponry, combat and intelligence gathering, he is also a devoted father and husband.

AKIKO | Toshi’s wife is another of Oliver’s Hong Kong caretakers, and is herself highly skilled in martial arts.

1. JJM says:

Hmm… I’ll be tuning in, but a bit pessimistic about this season…

• Nate says:

Why so pessimistic

• The writer just love to drive fan crazy and I don’t believe that we are going to get that lucky with Daniel ID turn out to be Bruce Wayne.

• Isaac says:

Probably Ted Kord aka Blue Beetle

• cnote82 says:

I dont think they are allowed to use Bruce Wayne/Batman….or Im sure they would in some capacity.

I dont want to see Bruce Wayne/Batman though. His story is way to similar to Oliver/Arrow’s.

• Mark Wengler says:

They can use hints that the person is Bruce Wayne. Without saying that he is Wayne.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yeah… not gonna happen.

• I agree. Arrow wanted to created a character that isn’t ties to the Batman legend but they wanted someone who will bring new life to the series.

• Briggs says:

…’bring new life to the series’? It’s only in it’s second season, people. And had such high ratings that it was renewed before any other show the CW had on the docket. They’re introducing a character who’s company has been featured more than once *by name*. Which is not Wayne Enterprises.

You’re right, they can’t use Wayne. But Ted Kord… head of his own company, tragic past, vigilante by night, and possibly not shy if he’s attracted to a pretty IT girl… him they can use.

• I agree that Ted Kord is the perfect character because he and Oliver face the same kind of mess in their past. I hope that Dan”original Blue Beetle”Garrett will appear in the origin storyline. Good luck to the future.

2. Roger says:

Bruce Wayne, is that you?

• kyle says:

lol that is seriously who first came to mind for me too. There is no way, though.
      I cannot wait for this show to come back, I have all the faith in the world in this show… SO GREAT!

• Delirious says:

Characters that I think we can bet WON’T appear in Arrow, at least not as featured/regulars: Batman, Robin/Nightwing, Cyborg (who was actually the first name to come to mind as “Daniel”, although it doesn’t mention african-american, and he’s too big of a character in the post-Flashpoint DCU), Green Lantern (holding back on the meta, and they’d go alien? no way), other big DC names (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc), big DC baddies (Joker, Luthor, etc – although I could see season-long baddies like Freeze, Riddler or Black Adam).

This said, hasn’t Blue Beetle been “in the works” for many years already? Maybe it’ll serve as a way to test the waters for him getting his own show? Plus, Kord’s been mentioned in Arrow before…

• PZero says:

Yeah, Kord is the first one I thought of seeing that and as said, Arrow has already mentioned Kord Industries.

• Steveo says:

No, that’s Ted Kord.

• Ryan says:

I was thinking Dick Grayson

• more likely is Kord. blue-beetle guy. or possible booster gold (i really hope not).

3. el03322 says:

Ugh. This show needs less Felicity. Not a love interest for her. Granted it’s not Oliver, but still.

• GreenArrow12 says:

I absolutely agree with you!

• MMPTomms says:

No. This show needs to kill Laurel.

• Nicky Hathaway says:

Funny, Felicity is what brings this show the balance that it needs. It’s her turn to get a full background story and a life outside the Arrow Cave.

• albertj15 says:

Felicity really adds to the show.I think she an Arrow should get together.

• dude says:

All Felicity adds to the show is human plot spackle. Frankly this show would be a lot more interesting if every problem couldn’t be solved with Felicity clicking a few buttons. I liked Arrow a lot better when he had to work for it.

• GMom100 says:

I absolutely love Felicity! Wish she and Oliver would get together! She adds some humor to the show that counteracts Laurel’s drama, I understand that she was devastated at Oliver’s and her sister’s betrayal, but it still doesn’t make me like her.

• MaryLou says:

Felicity belongs on this show. I find her to be a refreshing character that lends vulnerability to the show. I do wish that she and Ollie would become a couple, but I guess it’s not in the cards, however, I still love having her on the show. And I love the fact that she is the gadget guru, lots of fun!

• lulu Lily says:

At least with laurel we know a lot about her and about laurel back story and that it shows that laurel is human just like other’s who has flaws and make mistakes and who isn’t perfect but with felicity character , she hyped up by the cast of the show and so many people including by the character fanbase which I still don’t get the hype about felicity character or the actress. I could get the hype of the character from the cast and everyone from the show and the fanbase if the actress was like Tom cruise or jet Lee and the actress is playing a character like Harley Quinn but that isn’t the case and to make things worse they didn’t write a back ground storyline for the felicity character just in case they decided to keep the actress and even after they decided to keep the actress they still haven’t come up with a back ground storyline for the felicity character and that’s because they are too busy writing storyline for the Oliver character instead of giving other characters a real storyline of their own without Oliver in it , like giving laurel a real storyline of her own and diggle and felicity but they don’t at for laurel it looks like she will finally get a real good storyline of her own concerning her father health and becoming the black canary.

• I must with you about Felicity background. The writer didn’t tell a lot of background except I know that her mother living in Las Vegas,NV and don’t know where her father is doing. I wouldn’t be shock or surprised the father sure out to be a future member of the Arrow rogue gallery. I hope that the Laurel Lance will become the newest Black Canary.

• Trish says:

Let me tell you, if they hadn’t added Felicity when they did, I left this show in the dust and had never planned on returning. Once word spread about the show finally having this dynamic female that was relate-able, I caught up on season 1 on netflix and was hooked. I adore the Original Team Arrow trifecta of Oliver/Diggle/Felicity.

• Connie says:

Totally agree with you Trish. Felicity kept me watching. If it wasn’t for her, I would have left the show too.! Love Team Arrow Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity.

• Foshi says:

Less Felicity equals less likeable Oliver and a hero who wouldn’t have been able to defeat Deathstroke- no thank you.

• dude says:

If you’re saying that Oliver is only likable when Felicity is around than you’re also saying this show is deeply flawed and has an unappealing lead actor who can’t even anchor his own show without a love interest so maybe you’re not much of an Arrow fan then.

• DS says:

I thought this exactly until Felicty was integrated into Team Arrow and finally I could see a sparkle in Stephen Amell’s acting that was sorely lacking for me, for the first half of season one.

• speedy says:

I think that a protagonist’s interactions with the characters around him is what makes him likable. So, to me, the characters that brought out the best in Oliver’s character, and in Stephen Amell’s acting, were Diggle and Felicity. Speaking of Diggle, I hope there are some Diggle-related spoilers coming out. That man needs way more screen time.

• Norma says:

Felicity balances Oliver; she gives it right back to him when he begins to act like a total jerk. She’s his gal Friday..more than a friend but unfortunately, not his soul mate. To tell you the truth, Laurel has never inspired me; if I did not know she was part of the comic book story line, I would say she’s not necessary.

• The writer didn’t developed Laurel Lance’s personality. I hope that the Lance sister will get their own storyline and I wanted to see how they would handle a crisis on their own.

• Caroline says:

Felicity helps Oliver overcome his demons. She’s brings light and purpose into Oliver’s life.

• Felicity is like true family. She and Oliver work well together. I can’t wait to see what happened in the three season.

• Caroline says:

I hope in the next season she gets mmore field scene. I know she’s the brains behind the operations. But we want to see her kick some a**. Its what shes always wanted. So hopefully the writers will grant her wish :)

• Felicity deserve her own story line that will explain her own background. I wouldn’t be shock that Felicity suddenly the newest code name heroine who handle the bad guy in her own right.

• lulu Lily says:

Oliver doesn’t need felicity to defeat slade Wilson or to become a hero and the only reason felicity even become the only who helped Oliver out with slade Wilson in the finale is because the felicity character needed to have something more to do or so that they could make felicity look a little bit of a bad ass because other than felicity being Oliver information guide and use to be Oliver assistant at Oliver family company , felicity doesn’t have any life outside of her secret life with Oliver and diggle and in fact felicity didn’t have any life outside of the queens company before learning Oliver secret and before becoming friends with Oliver and diggle and she doesn’t even have a back ground storyline for herself. Even the writers threw felicity a little bone when they have her be the one who save sara from the clock king character in episode called time of death because they didn’t have any real storyline for the character of felicity and they did the same thing in the season finale when Oliver could have taken down slade Wilson with sara and diggle and even with the help of the league of assassin’s but because felicity didn’t have a storyline for herself the writers desperately trying give the felicity character a purpose to why she still on the show because we still don’t know know anything about felicity character other than she grew up with her mother and she no longer get along with her mother and that her mother might be living in las Vegas and that her father abandon her when she is young and that she hardly remember her father and that’s all we know about the felicity character.

• Kimmy says:

The show improved greatly once Felicity became more involved. The heart of the show involves Felicity, Diggle and Oliver. There actually needs to be more of them and less of everyone else.

• A says:

Totally agree. I gave up on the show after the first 2 episodes because I could not connect to any of the characters. Then I watched the last few episodes of season 1 and fell in love with the show mainly because it had a character who was likable and relatable and someone I wanted to root for- Felicity. I would not watch the show without Felicity

• Connie says:

This!

• yegain says:

I totally agree more of the trifecta Arrow team and less of the others! I love felicity’s sparkle that she brings to the series!

• Cy says:

Less Felicity? I started watched in the last few months and mostly because she is so fun.

• Temperance says:

The last thing the show needs is less Felicity…

• anna says:

For me, this show needs less Laurel. She is completely FAILED character. I hate her and fast -forward her scenes always.

• Lizzie says:

YES! Katie Cassidy was on contract so I’m pretty sure they had to give her a show. But yes the more time she gets the more I dislike this show. I’m fine with fighting ships of romantic interest but if the other one was likable. However I’m glad Felicity is getting a non-oliver love interest. A jealous Oliver is a lovable Oliver and a very productive one. Felicity too a jealous one is a productive one.

• Rosen Sara says:

agree….Olicity is wayy too over rated

• Sheriff says:

If it wasn’t for Felicity, the show would be as boring as Laurel. Felicity brings humor, laughter and originality to the show and not just a pretty face. Oliver doesn’t deserve her

• Jan says:

Bless you for speaking the truth. I’ve stuck with the show, but to me Felicity is the most annoying, overrated, Mary Sue character on TV. The explosive fandom and fanservicing are beyond ridiculous. This was a good superhero show, and I mostly still think it is, but when I’m rolling my eyes out of my head for the majority of ‘Arrow’ scenes, I don’t think I can take another season of it.

• Meri says:

More Felicity. Less laurel

4. jrrnj says:

Daniel=Ted Kord=Blue Beetle

5. Blue Beetle Ted Kord, maybe?

6. Corinne says:

The description for Daniel sounds a little like Nightwing. It could be a casting as “Daniel” only to be later revealed as Nightwing at SDCC.

• L says:

NIghtwing without Batman doesnt make much sense, and i think they’ll stay away from Batman characters because of Gotham… He was never really a technology guy either.

• Drew says:

While I disagree that Nightwing without Batman makes no sense (it could be done pretty easily), I agree that this isn’t him. This sounds like Ted Kord.

• Mark says:

The nightwing story line could be done in the context of the teen titans something the show has already started.

• Ben says:

There’s been rumors surrounding Nightwing being on the show for almost all of season 2….so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Nightwing

• How about making Nightswing become Owlman and he could become a good guy this time.

7. Mel says:

I love Felicity! I can’t wait for there to be a show that is dedicated to being all about her.

8. Ryan says:

Daniel has to be Batman related, but I’m wondering….what if its Terry McGinnis who is the new generation Batman, he uses a high tech suit made by Batman and it could be a spin on him.

9. Mehvash says:

I knew felicity would likely get a love interest. The description is interesting because he doesn’t sound like Edward Raymond from the comics but that doesn’t mean this might not be him. I’m psyched to see what went down in hong kong and also how team arrows dynamic will change in the next year with the likely addition of laurel. If they could keep the angst and triangles to a minimum that would be awesome. I love the interaction between oliver and felicity so I look forward to seeing how branching out her character a bit outside the team will effect things.

10. sara says:

Can Laurel get a love interest! My girl needs some love outside of jerk Oliver.

11. Josh says:

Daniel is Ted Kord. Akiko is Lady Shiva. Toshi I’ll guess is Silver Monkey.

12. DS says:

Daniel is probably Ted Kord, since he’s been mentioned a few times last season, but is Seth gonna be Scarecrow?

• Josh says:

While one could argue Batman allies like Dick and Barbara aren’t even born in Gotham’s world and therefore are available, major Batman villains like Scarecrow are probably are off limits, however. Conveniently, The League of Assassins are officially part of Green Arrow’s world as well as Batman’s…

• DS says:

Stephen Amell mentioned in one of the recently Comic-Con panels he attended that fans would be surprised at which Batman villains DC was letting them use. So maybe the non-LoA bad guys are not completely off-limits.

• Josh says:

The Royal Flush Gang and Firefly were disappointments so if they do pull in more, hopefully they do a better job with it! Victor Freis on Flash?

• I hope that the writer will revival the Royal Flush Gang and Firefly as a deadlier foe. I can’t wait to see the new set of foe that will give Arrow a run for his money. I also hope that there will be a crossover between Arrow and the Flash in the new season.

13. Dan says:

I’m going with Ted Kord for Daniel. There were one or two scenes this season with Kord Technologies on crates in warehouses

• I agree and Felicity actually referenced Cord enterprises in episode 14 or 15 with the clock King. (tockman) So I hadnt thought of it that way until now. Interesting though. I think they are giving Felicity a Love interest to take focus off of Olicity shippers But it seriously depends on the chemistry between the two.

14. GreenArrow12 says:

daniel is a fake name for Ted Kord! I was looking after to see him in Arrow! Maybe also Booster GOLD can arrive in The Flash! I seriously hoped Wild Cat could have showed up since it was teased in 2×16 and 2×23!

• I think that Wildcat will definitely appear, he will be a big character in S3 I am betting. It would be a hard character to cast, so I would say they already has some folks in mind and approached them directly to do a cut down audition. How many actors who are late 30s to mid 40s who could pass off as a recently retired world class fighter, not many I would say, and those that could are probably already actively working.

15. spindae2 says:

I hoped for a Green Lantern appearance this season, maybe later on! They are probably waiting to see how the Flash will do!
    I’m looking forward to season 3, hopefully the lost kid story comes in play.

• Azerty says:

I know they started the powers storyline with Deathstroke and the Flash this season, but Green Lantern involves aliens and stuff, wouldn’t it a little too much for the serie they want grounded to reality? Would be great though, I think we saw a Ferris plane at some point right?

• I hope that Green “Hal Jordan” Lantern will appear in future episode of either Arrow or the Flash.

• I hope that the intergang will appear in future episode.

• spindae2 says:

I hoped that GL would appear now as part of the Corps to check what happened to the city after this whole mess with Slade. As they are the protectors of the Universe, also I hoped they could tie them into the Mirakuru story as they were the ones who invented it or something. I know they won’t go to much into the power department but I can keep hoping.

As I know there were 2 refferences to GL universe 1st Oliver’s Cop gf went to Coast city into Rehab and a Ferris airplane in S01 final. But one of the writers shared a Ferris airplane photo on easter I believe.
        And when they flashed now to the act Oliver knows to be a pilot I thought wow great oppurtunity.

16. Lysh says:

Arrow news! Is it Christmas??
    Daniel sounds like a plot I’ve read in at least two fan fictions and I’m thinking either Nightwing or Ted Kord (but probably Kord). I’m excited for Felicity to have a life outside of Team Arrow.
    I’m also excited for the Hong Kong flashbacks. It’s going to be a really different season, but I’m sure a good different.

17. forouzan says:

OH MY GOD, My heart is beating fast, can’t wait anymore. maybe Daniel is Nightwing.

18. Mariana says:

Is there going to be a love connection between Oliver and felicity (Olicity)???

• Nicky Hathaway says:

It seems so! Emily Bett and Colton already talked about a new love triangle that will bring jealousy which will push certain feelings to the surface. Stephen said that we’ll find pretty early on season 3 if Oliver meant what he told Felicity, that he doesn’t think that it was all a ruse -they just got done what needed to be done. Not to mention that he insisted that what he told her in episode 6 (that he can’t be with someone he really cares about) is very important for him, it still stands. Emily again, said that Oliver felt that his words were real and was surprised with how much he meant it. Last but not least, pay attention to the last line: “A rival of Oliver’s – both //personally// and professionally.”

Oh! Did I mention that it’s been confirmed that the alternative scenario in the finale was an Olicity kiss and Oliver killing Slade? It’s happening already. ;)

• Wow I am so looking forward to Season 3…… I hope folks don’t get too upset when this Love interest comes into the picture…. It means that they will be pushed apart Initially because of Oliver’s Belief of what was said in Episode 6 to Felicity Some folks think that this will be too soon to bring them together if they are end game… but I dont … But if you go back and watch Season 1 and two all over again Oliver already has tons of his humanity back and Alot of it is because of her and you can watch their relationship grow starting way back then. I am Excited for this season…. I would have figured that CW would have already had these roles cast prior to now…. I mean they start filming season 3 Next month I hear July 9 ??? Anyone know??

19. sd2242 says:

I think Akiko is katana. It seems like a set up for her to become a hero. Daniel being Ted Kord makes sense but Michael Holt is also a possibility

20. Rich says:

My guess for “Daniel” is also Ted Kord (aka Blue Beetle II) the nom de plume seems to fit since the original Blue Beetle was Dan Garrett.

As for the Rest… I’m in the dark. Seth could be ‘Scarecrow’ but I doubt it due to the physical description. Johnathan Crane was always a scrawny guy. But who knows, on the CW, everybody is a model.

Lady Shiva & Silver Monkey are good guesses for the other too, but I really can’t say for sure.

Hopefully “The Flash” takes off and we get some Booster Gold action in the not too distant. The Particle Accelerator explosion has opened the door to both metahumans and time-travel (see Eobard Thawne aka Prof. Zoom aka The Reverse-Flash)

So excite!

21. ggny says:

I want Booster Gold also if we are getting Blue Beetle

22. s says:

Luke Mitchell for “Daniel”!!! <3

23. Foshi says:

I’m so happy to see that Felicity will gain more screen time to explore her back story and a life outside the Arrow cave. The humour and humanity that Felicity brings to the show is exactly what the Arrow needs to continue his journey to becoming a hero. While I don’t necessarily want to see Felicity in a relationship with Oliver yet, (they both have a lot my growing to do) I am interested to see how this will effect the dynamic in their relationship. It will be interesting to see Oliver deal with a rival who is his equal in a professional and personal why because so far in the show we haven’t seen anyone be both of those. If this character isn’t cast as a villain it will be even more interesting to see how Oliver deals with that rivalry.

24. I hope that the new Canary will be Laurel Lance. I hope that Roy Harper will be a crimefighter who can handle himself in a fight.

25. Given Gotham I doubt Arrow will be able to do much with the Batman mythos anymore, unless DC has loosened up on that. Main reason Batman stuff stopped showing up in the Justice League TV show was due to other Batman projects, ditto Aquaman late into the run since that was when the live-action Aquaman show was in production. Be nice to see them lighten up on that though.

Anyhow, I’ve got Daniel pegged for Ted Kord. Blue Beetle is quite popular with certain people around DC, in particular Geoff Johns. Hoping Arrow hits a home run with him if it is true since I’m very pro having lesser known heroes get raised up in other mediums.

Seth actually makes me think Scarecrow, but that would probably only work if the Batman Ban isn’t in effect. Hard to say really since there’s a few chemical geniuses out there in DC lore…

26. ET Brown says:

Thaddeus Sivana, Jr. would be great as the “Seth” character. Also if they made it out that his father was trying to take over Queen Industry it would bring in a different set of DC villains to the Arrow universe.

27. MBII says:

“Daniel” definitely sounds like Ted Kord

28. aunni says:

comic fan got their news wt abt non comic arrow fans? felicitys mom? dig’s baby? they better not mess with team arrow o/f/d

29. GildedRose says:

As long as Arrow keeps building up and eventually pays off what it’s been building with Oliver and Felicity, especially after that season 2 tease? It’s good. Seth sounds interesting as a villain. At first I immediately thought Seth Gable… Count… new Count Vertigo replacement. But there’s a few villains that could fit that description.

• aunni says:

may be the daniel guy is the new owner of QC, felicity n diggs new boss, new hero in starling… yeah rival in both prof n personal life
      i ship olicity bt arrow track record with luv triangle is worst ever o/t/l ughhh

30. Meg says:

The original Blue Beetle was Dan Garrett FYI. His tragic past was he was a son of a police officer who was killed by a criminal.

Woohoo for Felicity catching all the men attention she can. I take it she and Barry will have a let is just be friends chat early in the season.

31. Mia says:

Sounds like another love triangle. We’ll see what that does for the ratings *rolleyes*

I really hope that it’s a B-story, or even better, a C-story. Toshi and his wife sound interesting at least.

32. Penny says:

Can’t wait! We need more Team Arrow, Oliver and his past, Diggle and the HIVE, Felicity’s backstory, more of her life outside the team.
    But those three characters are the core of the show! It’s so awesome JB is back and that Willa Holland is working alongside him father and daughter duo.

However the show needs to get rid of it’s dead weights. Sadly Dinah Lance is in the comics and a great character but has been portrayed so badly in Arrow. It’s not Katie Cassidy’s fault it’s just her character is grating, unrelatable and totally off putting.

Arrow will continue to be a success if it plays to it’s strengths. It’s weaknesses need to be minimised as they drag down the show.

• Lena says:

Everybody is going on and on about Felicity. I love her as a character too, but I would love to see more Diggle as well. It’s pathetic how much the writers are neglecting this awesome character.

• Trish says:

That’s because they keep adding these “new” people to the Arrow lair without focusing on the ones we (I) watch for. Diggle’s backstory has at least been touched on. Felicity, zilch. So seriously, I’m going to feel some type of way if people complain that season 3 delves further into her. We’ve waited until season 3! I know more about recurring characters than I do her. That is unacceptable.

• Dominator of destruction says:

I disagree Trish,Diggle has been under used since Felicity came in.You have Felicity even dismantling bombs and not Digg lol

• Claire says:

I am not going to fall for a Diggle vs Felicity here because I love them both as they are two thirds of Team Arrow which is why I love this show. But I will disagree with this and say that all three of Team Arrow were hurt by the emergence of too many people on the show. The development that was building in the first half of S2 came to a complete halt. Oliver became unlikable and Felicity and Diggle both disappeared into the shadows.
            In Diggle’s favor he did get episode 2×06 which was excellent and then episode 2×16 as well which showed a great development of camaraderie between Deadshot and Diggle. I do hope we get more of that friendship in S3.
            Hopefully in S3 we get more development of the core THREE characters — especially Felicity who has had the LEAST AMOUNT — keeping the stage a little less cluttered and more developed always helps. Arrow could not happen without Diggle, Felicity or Oliver and they will always come first in my book.

• Lena says:

I agree. They touched on Diggle’s backstory mainly in one episode. On other episodes we either barely see him at all, or he just nods, gives Oliver a little advice, and then that’s it. I miss the days where Diggle started off playing a more important role. That disappeared as soon as Felicity came on the scene. Now, there are fans who want to turn Arrow into the Felicity show. I hope the writers learn to focus on Team Arrow some more in general..

• Dominator of destruction says:

It is Cassidy’s fault Sara plays an assassin yet is so likeable if Lotz can do that to an assassin Cassidy should be able to make her character likeable

33. Jake says:

Nothing gets a show going like a love triangle. I hate to say it but it’s true.

Felicity Smoak needs to be sandwiched in the middle. Alongside John Diggle she’s the best character on the show.

I thought Oliver was pretty much an a-hole till he got his team. Now he’s on his way to being such an gnarly hero! Season 3 is gonna be epic.

34. Ely says:

I did accept Oliver and Sara and give them their dues. Now it’s Felicity’s time to have a man, “Daniel”.

Oliver and Felicity are the best future couple and need to be endgame. But in between let’s have some angst and fun, that’s always good!

But OLIVER AND FELICITY!! I’m sure I’ll like “Daniel” though, I liked Sara but not as much as Helena.

• kath says:

Yes. I’m for Oliver and Felicity being endgame, but Oliver needs something to blast him out of his mindset that he can’t be with someone he cares about, and an attractive superhero who is interested in Felicity is just person to do it.

35. Kimmy says:

I love Felicity. She’s the best thing about this show. If the show had continued on its original path (without Felicity) I would have stopped watching. It gold old very fast. Adding the core three, team arrow, improved the show so much! I don’t hate Laurel at all but I hope she’s not BC. There’s already a BC established and it’s Sara and they should leave it at that. And please no more Oliver/Laurel. That stuff was tedious. It’s like watching paint dry.

36. Liza (I love Arrow) says:

So great. Just give me wicked villains, Team Arrow, the Arrow becoming Green Arrow and Felicity Meghan Smoak. That’s the gold.

37. kath says:

Very excited to read this.

1. It’s time Felicity got more of a story for herself. Bonus that it’s a good guy who will blast Oliver out of his mindset that because of what he does he can’t be with someone he really cares about because she’s going to someone else who is a good guy and who also does the same thing.

2. the Hong Kong stuff sounds good. Hoping that Toshi will not only train Oliver but show him that he can be a husband and father too.

38. Henry P says:

“Daniel” might be either Ted Kord(Blue Beetle) or Dick Grayson(Nightwing). Steven R. McQueen has reportedly been at an audition for the role as Grayson/Nightwing. But Kord Industries has had cameos in season 2.

39. Maya says:

I wonder if “Daniel” will be Felicity gateway into her own computer company?
    the comics Felicity owned a tech company- if i remember correctly. and i have been wondering when or if they will ever set her on that path, mostly because i feel it will be wrong for her to continue working at QC (especially as his EA) once she and Oliver will get together.

40. A says:

EXCITING!!!! I was hoping Felicity would get a legit love interest

41. kath says:

I hear Luke Mitchell is available these days.

42. Lore says:

I want Takeda,Hiroyuki Sanada to play Toshi, he knows already what to be a mentor, maybe Will Yun Lee from Hawaii 5-0, Yun Fat Show, Yuji Okumoto, Sun Kang from The F&F movies,

For Akiko, depends of the age of Toshi, Michelle Yeoh, Tia Carrere, Yunjin Kim is in Mistresses, but is a summer show, so, cross fingers

For Daniel, i like Ethan Peck or Christian Alexander from The Lying Game, Rick Malambri from Step Up 3D,

43. Mikaylah says:

Great news about a love interest for Felicity. Hopefully it spurs Oliver into action regarding his feelings for her. It seems like the show is supporting that relationship, which I think they’re smart to do. I love Laurel, but her relationship with Oliver is toxic. And although the Dinah and Oliver had their problems in the comics as well, the circumstances and the foundation for their relationship in the show is different and isn’t something I can support. I’m looking forward to them dropping the on/off angle with Laurel and Oliver next season, and hope they focus on her training to become Black Canary.

44. Emily says:

Possibly Mister Terrific…

45. Jamie says:

I’m really excited that Felicity’s getting a love interest, this could be great! This’ll give us a chance to dive into her past as well.

Ted Kord was mentioned way back in S1, (Oliver’s parents went to a ‘Ted Kord fundraiser’ in 1×21) so I’m guessing he’s Oliver’s parents’ age (if they were alive), so Daniel must be his son, if it’s Kord Enterprises they’re implying.

46. Jamie says:

Can Luke Mitchell be cast as Daniel?… I mean, come on…

• Luke Mitchell would be perfect as Daniel. I can’t wait for the third season of Arrow to started.

• MaryLou says:

Oh Wow, I would love to have Luke Mitchell back on tv with a worthy character! They totally wasted his talent on TTP. Some are craving for Robbie Amell, but frankly, I think he was the reason the show didn’t succeed, too much time wasted on him. Luke Mitchell forever!

47. Brandon says:

I love Laurel! Felicity is such an overrated boring character on the show. All she does is say something witty, use her computer to help Oliver and stares at Oliver with puppy dog eyes. At least Laurel has depth and and is fully fleshed out. The writers of Arrow need to stop having Laurel and Thea as the angry overemotional women on the show. Felicity has been written like a god. Nothing bad ever happens to her. She never has any issues. God forbid she does something that isn’t popular or emotional because the fan base will be upset that they are ruining Felicity. A lot of people hated Laurel because she was emotional and was angry. Don’t blame Laurel or Katie Cassidy, blame the writers. They have a plan for her and since she will become the Black Carnary I’m confident they will give her great moments in season 3. Laurel and Thea started and finished on opposite ends of the spectrum in Season 2. I can’t wait for the real Black Carnary and not some cheap imitation.

• Isaac says:

Yeah laurel has been fleshed out and what is the verdict she sucks. Laurel is self absorbed and self righteous since Day 1. It was honestly painful to watch scenes with Amell and Cassidy because not only do they have zero chemistry but it was like watching a slow car crash. Laurel is a terrible character. It’s no wonder majority of the Arrow fandom hate her. If she wasn’t in the comics the writers would have killed her off by now. She was in a lot of s1 and honestly that season was a mess and only got together half way through the season because of Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. Season 2 was much better why because Laurel was missing for loads of episodes and when she did have a storyline those were the most boring episodes of the season.
      Laurel is a fail of a character. I’m happy Caity Lotz showed up so we could have a Canary even if it was a short while. I wanted to see a real Canary before I get saddled with Katie Cassidy’s weak portrayal of the Black Canary. But hopefully the writers will pull a smallville and only have her suit up in the last episode of the series so the fans don’t have to suffer. How could they make a key comic character so detestable? She’s got an odour it stinks of obnoxious!

• speedy says:

Oh, I love this idea. If she has to become BC, maybe it can happen at the very, very, very end and Sara can just be BC throughout the series’ run.

• Thomas (Taurus) says:

I am all for Laurel just departing — preferably by death. She adds nothing to the story whatsoever. I would prefer Arrow remain on for several seasons and I am tired of having to fast forward through the bits of show with her in it. I have never felt the need to do so prior to this in any other show and I find it utterly ridiculous that three seasons in I am still having to do so. She adds absolutely no value to the show and I am tired of her character being propped up by the rest of the characters. I’ve seen suggestions by people to bring back ADA Donner until they remember that he was sacrificed to prop Laurel up in BoP who then blackmailed her way back into a job. Where is the value in this character? There is none. You could delete each and every scene of hers from this past season and not have the overall story affected by her absence.

But what was that? But she told Oliver about Blood’s connection to Slade which spurred Oliver into action? Correct. But if Laurel were absent as she is virtually useless anyway, that story would have been carried through to completion by the trio that started the Blood investigation to begin with, Roy, Thea and Sin! Again another fantastic team yet sacrificed at the alter of “let’s prop Laurel up”. Sin disappeared and thus ended a fun group of secondary team arrow.

So please let us not extend this train wreck beyond season 3.

• speedy says:

Well, my first choice is to write her off, but if they’re going to keep her and really want her to be BC, I’d just rather it happened at the end so I don’t have to watch it unfold. I agree with your points, I’m just too apathetic about her character to discuss all the reasons why she hasn’t worked for me. At the end of the day, I love the Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Roy, Quentin, and Sara, so I’ll watch for them.

• Sam says:

@Thomas (Taurus) This post is excellent. So true. So glad someone said it without it being about “shipping”. I don’t root for any relationship on the show and cannot tolerate Laurel Lance. You said it all. She is useless character, her scenes devalues the episodes and takes screen time from valuable and interesting characters. It would be beneficial for the show if they would kill her character. It’s been two seasons and there is nothing worth while about her character. Nothing compelling. Death will be her only use as it will be shocking. If this were GoT she would have been killed off already. Shame.

• I remember when Katie Cassidy was playing the bad girl on several other CW show. I must agree that the writer didn’t do a good job with the Laurel Lance character. The writer must make a stronger character who can handle herself in a battle royal and don’t need to be save every episode.

• Ashley says:

You make a lot of great points. I loved the Mini Arrow Team, but then they just dissipated from their investigation and it was all Laurel’s fault. Also while I LOVE Sara…I really thought her relationship with Oliver came out of left field. She was this great character trying to atone for her sins and protect her family, but then she’s suddenly in a serious relationship with the object of all her issues seemed like a step backwards. Anyways that’s not that point…the point is the writers needed their relationship as a reason for Laurel to even be in scenes the second half of the season! The only purpose she served was to be rightfully mad about their relationship and then oddly offer support. It was so weird and didn’t seem in character at all. I just wish the writers would make her less judgmental and drama filled. Sara had a much harder couple of years and you don’t see her drowning everyone around her in sorrow.

• I agree with you about Sara. She don’t let past rule her future but it seem that Laurel is always cry the blue over nothing. I hope that there will be a stronger Laurel in the third season.

• cc says:

Omg a sane person among these crazy shippers.

48. Kevin W. says:

The original Blue Beetle’s name was Dan Garret.

49. Carla Krae says:

“Daniel” sounds like Bruce Wayne that can’t be Bruce Wayne – it’d be funny if they created a Batman-knock-off since Green Arrow was a comics Batman knock-off originally. A nice nod.