Exclusive

Emma Roberts' Delirium Pilot Lands on Hulu -- Watch the Trailer Here

“Love is a deadly disease.” If that sounds crazy to you, it’s probably because you don’t live in the dystopian world of Emma Roberts‘ Delirium, in which hearts are never meant to be broken. In fact, thanks to a nifty government-regulated shot, they can’t be.

RELATED | Pilot Scoop: Emma Roberts Lands Starring Role in Fox Drama Delirium

TVLine has an exclusive first look at the trailer for Delirium, in which 17-year-old Lena (Roberts) is excited to receive the miracle cure for Deliria — or “love,” as it’s known to us — until a chance meeting with police officer Alex (The Secret Life of the American Teenager‘s Daren Kagasoff) changes the course of her future.

Originally filmed as a pilot for Fox, Delirium was not picked up to series, but due to the popularity of Lauren Oliver’s book trilogy — upon which Delirium is based — WIGS and Hulu have teamed up to bring the pilot to the web for a limited time. The pilot was also directed WIGS co-founder Rodrigo Garcia.

Beginning Friday, June 20, the pilot will be available for streaming in the WIGS section of Hulu for 30 days.

Delirium also stars Billy Campbell (Helix) as Thomas Fineman, Michael Michele (Gossip Girl) as Elyse Hargrove, Jeanine Mason (Bunheads) as Hana Tate, Corey Reynolds (The Closer) as Tack and Gregg Sulkin (Faking It) as Julian Fineman.

1. xwiseguyx says:

They really should consider doing this for a lot more of the failed pilots and unaired episodes..

• Jake says:

The only problem with that is you will then start having people start campaigns to make more episodes. We get that enough with cancelled shows. I think doing it with select things is good, but on a regular basis is asking for the Internet to explode.

• johnhelvete says:

I agree with Wiseguyx and would be very interested in seeing failed pilots. If people want to waste their time trying to launch a campaign to get a failed pilot turned into a series than they can go ahead.

• Stacy says:

As much as I do have interested in watching certain failed pilots, I don’t think the networks are concerned with people campaigning for what they want to see. I think the bigger issue is that they want people to focus on what they *did* choose to order to series and put on air.

• johnhelvete says:

I do agree with this. The networks probably do not want viewers watching their new shows in the fall and comparing those shows to pilots that were available online over the summer that the networks did not even pick up.

• Scott Johnston says:

Many pilots are incomplete. They don’t have all the effects or stunt work included. I’ve seen some with text on the screen explaining what’s missing. Failed pilots are lost money already, and the producers / networks won’t be wanting to pay even more unless there’s cash flow to cover the extra costs.

2. I blog often and I really thank you for your content. Your article has really peaked my
    interest. I will book mark your site and keep checking for
    new information about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS
    feed too.

3. wgsecretary says:

I enjoyed the book series. I’ll check it out!

4. Leo says:

Just from the trailer, both the lead have crazy chemistry, and we know Emma Roberts can lead a show so I have no frikkin idea why this doesn’t get ordered into series.
    Unique premise, great actors and based off a popular book series.
    I hope the pilot can get some buzz and they revisit this.

• Phillip says:

I believe the reason why Fox didn’t pick this up to series is because they felt it was too young for the network.

• Liz says:

Your probably right, but then I have no idea what Fox was expecting when they decided to develop this. Were they surprised that a young adult novel series turned out to be a young adult show?!

• Ally Oop says:

This would have for better as a CW show or on ABC Family or MTV. I can’t understand why young adult shows get such poor ratings. People my age still watch those shows (I’m 30). Maybe it’s just because so many people watch online or via DVR. I just think its unfortunate because I really like shows like these. Ive noticed that the CW is starting to shift from high school to young adult (18+) shows. This past year the only high school age set shows were Tomorrow People, Carrie Diaries, Star-Crossed and technically The 100 (although it’s more adult than teen) and only The 100 is returning. All 4 new shows the network picked up for next season are young adult. Not one of the shows on the CW next year will feature high school characters. That’s a first and I didn’t realize that till just now.

• johnhelvete says:

I dont think a show has to be set in high school for teenagers to watch though. For example, after the Tomorrow People cast Robbie Amell as the lead, I honestly do not understand why the writers did not change his character to an 18 year old community college student instead of a 16 year old high school student, especially when from what I read, the character was rarely in school. Robbie Amell does not look 16 but I could go with it if his character was 18. Most of the time at 18-19 you still dont know who you are anymore than when you are 16.

• Linda says:

The 100 is not more adult than teen.Its very teenish and I say this as a viewer. In fact the fact that it is so teenish is holding it back because its more teen drama than sci fi show.

5. Kaycee says:

I’d love them to release more pilots that didn’t make it! Like the Felicity Huffman spy drama last year and Venice, starring Odette Yustman!

• Linda says:

Venice was renamed Westside and it was a terrible pilot. Very dated feeling as well.

I don’t think there’s a point to release pilots that have no chance of pickup. There’s nothing to invest in and like someone pointed out then you just have fans doing annoying campaigns.

6. Mia says:

very interesting! I loved the books!

7. JP says:

It’d be a great way to give a second chance, not that every failed pilot deserves one but im sure there are a couple that are great.

8. Kim says:

I loved loved the books and I cannot wait to see this!! Too bad it’s only just gonna be the pilot!!

9. Pia says:

Just watch the movie Equilibrium instead.

10. Sarah says:

This looks so good, really amazing, I don’t understand why it failed, it could be such a great series, I would definately watch it. Please continue it because many people would really like this. I’m really hoping for it to become an actual TV show.

11. Michelle p says:

Too bad it looks hot,but what can you do it’s fox

12. camjeff says:

Actually, I think that based on the pilot episode, this series could be watched by young people and adults both because it seems more sci-fi than just a young romance show.

13. Monica says:

Just watched the Pilot on Hulu…..I want more! It was sooooooooo good.