Exclusive

Face Off: First Look at the Cast and Challenges for 'Life and Death' Season

Face Off Season 7

Syfy’s Face Off this summer will literally be a matter of “Life and Death,” as in the official theme for Season 7 — and TVLine has your exclusive first look at the new cycle’s cast and challenges.

VIDEO | Sharknado 2 Teaser Trailer: ‘It’s Happening Again’

In fact, Season 7’s death element comes into play in the Tuesday, July 22 opener, when 16 special effects make-up artists are thrust into a Sudden Death challenge where they must create a character that represents either aspect of this season’s theme (as seen in the exclusive photos below; click to zoom).

Face Off Season 7Face Off Season 7

McKenzie Westmore is back for Season 7 as host, alongside judges Glenn Hetrick (The Hunger Games, Heroes) and Neville Page (Avatar, Prometheus). Ve Neill will judge three episodes amidst her latest Hunger Games commitments; otherwise Academy Award winner Lois Burwell (Braveheart) will complete the panel. Michael Westmore resumes his role as contestant mentor.

VIDEO | Watch Trailers for Syfy’s New Dominion and Ascension Series

Click here for a full-size cast photo. Below are the names of each artist, along with age, city of residence and Twitter handle.
Barry Mahoney, 33 (Southborough, Mass.) — @Shut_Up_Barry
Rachael Wagner, 24 (Los Angeles) — No Twitter
Sasha Glasser, 22 (Los Angeles) — @sashyluv
Scott Mitchell, 48 (Chicago) — @SMCreativDesign
Stella Sensel, 34 (Brooklyn, N.Y.) — @stellasensel
Vince Niebla, 42 (San Diego) — @vniebla3D

1. Erin says:

I believe you mean Ve Neill (not Va Nell). Looking forward to this upcoming season!!

2. Mel says:

Can we please get some REAL science fiction on SyFy???

3. Jake says:

Cannot wait…These people are so talented..Love this show

4. DL says:

I adore this show, can’t wait till it comes back!

5. Eliza says:

Thanks, Matt. I love this show. I am constantly amazed at the talent the contestant’s possess!

6. Drew says:

The show is fun to watch, to see what the contestants will make. But the judges seem like they’re on crack sometimes, praising work that could never be used on screen and then criticizing other work just so one contestant won’t get praises every week, even if they deserve it.
    Talent is fun to see, but I hate reality shows because they’re so fake. They should just do away with the judges on this show. That would make it so much more fun.

• Kim R. says:

The judges sometimes infuriate me. Some of the best make-ups are knocked down because they aren’t what THEY think they should be. I also don’t understand how all the contestents tried fullfilling the the latest challenge except Sasha, she was in her own little world with making a Cyclops with multiple eyes ( DUH ) yet she’s safe? What the heck? She blew off the challenge! She should’ve been canned a long time ago! IMO.

7. zaza says:

I’m looking forward to the show coming back but sad that we will won’t get as much Ve! She’s always such a bright spot on the show! I’m glad that Michael Westmore will again be mentoring. He’s advice is always spot on!

8. Just a type for any future Face Off contestants. Dye your hair, put it in a wacky style or both! That’s a surefire way to get selected.

9. Erik Kreider says:

I discovered this show during season 4. Went back and watched the previous seasons and have been a fan ever since. In high school I wanted to be a special effects make up artist. Even did some stuff in high school. But, then life happened. Watching this show blows me away with how much make up has change since the mid 80’s. Can’t wait for the next season!

10. Stacy says:

Found David O’Connell on Twitter! (@DOCFX13)

11. Mellie says:

Geez, they photoshopped the host’s body away in that picture…

12. kd83954 says:

Any news on Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge being renewed? I’d love to see it paired up with Face Off!

13. RW says:

Hello! Rachael’s twitter is: @makeupwagner and David’s is: @DOCFX13 :)

14. Anthony Otto says:

So stoked to see my cousin Dina on here. Cant wait to see what she has in store for everyone. Go get em cuz!

15. peggy patten says:

I Am your number 1 fan.I love your show and can’t wait till its on as i will be glued to the tv once again to see what each person creates.

16. Cassie says:

Can’t wait for this to start. My husband gone to school with Damien Zimmerman and they are best friends.

17. Aimee Welu says:

I’m trying to surprise my 6th grade daughter (chicago) with a trip to Face Off show, studio, workshop, meet the cast – tickets for the finale would be spectacular! She is obsessed with the show, did her 5th grade power point presentation on the series, practices techniques at home, etc. This would be the greatest memory of her life so far. Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

18. Darth Stormageddon says:

David O’Connell, 26 (Orlando, Fla.) is now on twitter at @DOCFX13
    Rachael Wagner, 24 (Los Angeles) is now on twitter at @MakeupWagner

19. Missy (Makeup by M.O.) says:

I have been hungrily awaiting the Season 7 premiere…for the next 3 months, I will be in HEAVEN

20. B Williams says:

So excited!

21. Alan England says:

Face/Off (and other shows like it) really entertain! Although I have no talent, it’s fun to create the makeup in my mind, then compare it to what’s actually made. Thank you to all involved with this show, and good luck to the contestants!

22. Greetings, I believe your blog might be having browser compatibility problems.
    Whenever I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in IE, it’s
    got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you
    a quick heads up! Besides that, excellent site!

23. nancy richardson says:

All of you are incredibly talented I Love This
    Show !!

24. Web site says:

You are so interesting! I don’t believe I’ve read through
    a single thing like this before. So good to find somebody with genuine thoughts on this issue.
    Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up.
    This web site is something that is required on the internet,
    someone with a little originality!