American Horror Story First Look Photo: Sarah Paulson's Freak-y New Character(s) Unmasked

American Horror Story fans will be seeing double when the FX anthology series launches its Freak Show chapter this fall.

On Thursday, franchise vet Sarah Paulson not only revealed that she will be playing conjoined twins Bette and Dot in the latest Carnivàle-esque installment, but the actress tweeted a visual rendering of her dual role (see below).

RELATED | Michael Chiklis to Star in American Horror Story: Freak Show

Joked the actress to her 233K followers: “Two heads are better than one!”

Thoughts?!

Sarah Paulson Freak Show

1. Ma says:

If someone on AhS can pull this of it’s Sarah, love love her. But I hope they are conjoined twins and not a 2 headed monster.

• alistaircrane says:

Same thing.

• Scott Johnston says:

I Conjoined twins can have combined bodies or combined heads. It simply means they’re merged somewhere. Its also not as rare as you might think.

I know some conjoined twins. And your 2-headed monster comment is out of order and inappropriate.

• David says:

I’m pretty sure they weren’t referring to to conjoined twins twins as monsters. Relax.

• wordsmith says:

On a show called “American Horror Story” it’s entirely plausible and not at all inappropriate that a two-headed character might be a monster of some kind. Of course, if that were the case, casting Sarah Paulson would seem like a bit of a waste.

• bryce says:

That’s what the OP is saying. He wants them to be portrayed as two humans that share a body, not a two-headed monster because conjoined twins are not monsters. And it is rare, happening only in every 1 in 125,000 births with only about 25% surviving. That means only every 1 in 140,000 people is a conjoined twin, or .007% of the world’s population. That’s just as rare as any person walking down the street would think. And if we’re getting really specific, they aren’t “merged” anywhere; they haven’t been put together like this. Their cells just didn’t separate.

2. alistaircrane says:

I prefer the term Siamese twins to conjoined twins.

3. brycealexander says:

She’ll be great, but the second I saw this I wanted it on Orphan Black and not AHS. How great would two Tatiana Maslanys on one body be?!

4. qj201 says:

“Sisters” 70s TV movie about conjoined twins and murder….is the obvious Murphy influence

5. kate says:

I continued to watch this show after the first season because the acting was amazing. I didn’t get through all of last season, it was too poorly written. Seeing this doesn’t give me much hope, even though Sarah Paulson and the rest of the cast are always amazing.

6. AGB says:

Not watching again next year. I loved season 2 but the rest of it was a mess.

• Charles says:

Yes you will. Otherwise you wouldn’t have taken time out of your life to post and tell people you won’t.

7. Lee says:

A 2 headed person is not always considered a conjoined twin. There are rare cases where a baby is born with an extra head and the head is considered by doctors to be host sucking the life out of the baby and has to be surgically removed! So I wonder where they are going with this…

8. Dan says:

If the writer of this article had a clue, he would realize this photo is actually of Sarah Paulsons character from season 2 of American Horror Story photoshopped with two heads. It’s just her way of saying her character in the upcoming season is a conjoined twin. This is not what her character is actually going to look like.

9. Kelly says:

I’ve been following the show from pilot, I can’t wait! I’m very afraid of clowns thanks to movies like It & Killer clowns from outer space. I still love all of you! !