NCIS and Modern Family Are Named World (Ratings) Champions

NCIS Most Watched in World

NCIS — aka “America’s most watched drama” — now can add a new feather to its black, embroidered ballcap.

On Wednesday at the Monte-Carlo Television Festival, the long-running CBS procedural received this year’s International Television Audience Award for Drama, which is awarded to the drama series scoring the highest ratings worldwide.

RELATED | Entire NCIS Is Cast Signed for Season 12

Gibbs & Co. bested all comers with a global audience of 57.6 million viewers across 66 countries. (The Mentalist and CSI earned the drama series honor in 2013 and 2012.)

“As NCIS enters its 12th season, we couldn’t be happier to learn we’re now the No. 1 drama in the world,” showrunner Gary Glasberg and star/exec producer Mark Harmon said in a joint statement. “It’s no secret that determination and teamwork have allowed our cast and crew to continue to deliver a show we’re truly proud of. We also know we wouldn’t be here without the support and loyalty of the best fans in television. Thanks to our worldwide audience for helping us start the new season off right.”

RELATED | The Bold and the Beautiful Books a Trip to France

ABC’s Modern Family and CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful, meanwhile, received the International Television Audience Award for Comedy and Soap Opera, respectively.

1. Joni says:

Congratulations to the cast and crew and everyone involved with “NCIS”. Pretty great accomplishment for a show going into its 12th season.

• Darlene says:

A well deserved recognition for a wonderful show! The most watched drama in the whole wide world! You just can’t beat that!

2. Scott Johnston says:

Popularity contests aren’t an indicator of quality any more than beauty pageants are an indicator of intelligence.

3. DavidSask says:

I watch none of them, Yeah me!!!!

4. susanai says:

Congrats to my favourite show and actors of NCIS. Best show ever.

5. Britta Unfiltered says:

It can’t be surprising though as NCIS appeals to an elderly baby boomer crowd, and baby boomers are currently the largest generation. The birth rate in the U.S. has significantly dropped since the 1960s.

• puredieselbc says:

Actually Britta, NCIS is number one in the 18-49 demo, you know the one the ADVERTISERS count. But you can keep tellin’ yourself that only “old people” watch the show. CBS is laughing all the way to the bank.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Actually, NCIS was the No. 3 drama in the demo for the 2013-14 TV season (trailing SCANDAL and THE BLACKLIST), and No. 13 if you go by the Live+7 DVR playback numbers.

• Julie says:

I’m right smack in the middle of the “key” demo that advertisers target, and not even close to being a baby boomer, and NCIS is one of my favorite shows on television. What brings me back each week is the characters: there’s not one character that I dislike (even though I miss Cote terribly) and I love the chemistry between all of them as well as the relationships they have, especially Gibbs/Tony and Tony/McGee.

I think the fact that both young and “old” as you saw are returning each week to a show entering its 12th season is a testament to the fantastic writing and the amazing chemistry the cast has with each other.

6. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and
    I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

7. Ally Oop says:

NCIS gets good ratings in Canada but Modern Family does not.

8. Coal says:

It amazes me how so many people dislike NCIS but are always up to date with what’s happening on the show and comment on every article relating to it. This whole idea of popularity/ viewership doesn’t amount to quality is funny. So by that reasoning The CW has the best shows on TV right ?

9. Q says:

Popularity doesn’t mean quality.
    I stop watch after S10.
    Not because Ziva, or Bishop.
    Just for low quality, still same poor stories around and around.
    Its like watch zombie team on steroids.
    Sorry guys.
    You was superb from S01 to S09, but not anymore.

• Casey R. says:

So, you’ve stopped watching after season 10, but here you are commenting on a show you stopped watching a year ago. Yeah, that REALLY makes sense………

• Q says:

Yes “mister” I stop watch it year ago.
        What is your problem?
        It doesn’t mean, I don’t read about them, fans comments, or review for each episode.
        Basically i know about show, i know about “war” between Ziva, and Bishop fans, about poor stories….
        Watched S09 and S10 was just habit, now i can say, bad habit.
        For that i no need spend 60 min. from my live, and watched it.
        I can read it per 5 min. and rest 55 min. i spend with some thing, with more quality.
        Wrote comment im my (and yours) freedom.
        Accept it, or don’t read it, or just shut up.

• Except if you stopped watching after S10 you’re not making up your own mind, you’re letting other people tell you what you should think.

• Alex says:

Maybe you can put some of your spare time toward learning English.

• Q says:

Yes, you are right.
            I need it, because english is not my mother tongue, and I use it only sometimes.
            But we can spoke with other 4 languages, fluent.
            Important thing is, you know, what I mean.

• Dawn Weaver says:

Actually, considering this is a comment board, Casey has the same right to comment as you do. So, telling someone to “shut up” because they don’t agree with you doesn’t work either. Being rude in any language is still being rude.

10. Charlie says:

NCIS, has always had a great crew from the beginning. I hated to see some cast member leave. BUt, the people that replaced them, have also been great. Keep up the great programming. Charlie O’Donnell (Orange Park,FL)

11. Pat says:

I was happy to see that my favorite drama, NCIS and my favorite comedy, Modern Family have been honored with these Awards. Congratulations to both of these shows!

12. m. says:

I cannot abide Modern Family. Every male character on the show is a complete fool. The script must be written by a bonafide man-hating lesbian.

13. Carol K says:

Must be rating the reruns cause it cant’t be the new ones, the stories stink and bishop has all the personality of a bed pan.

• Dave Ruccio says:

The award is for episodes that aired in the calendar year 2013 (according to Mediametrie, the equivalent of Nielsen, who determined the winner). For most of the world that was Season 10.

• Francis A says:

So, tell me, does the bitter taste of those sour grapes bother you at all? I’m a long time fan of NCIS and dispute vehemently your assertion about Bishop and a bed pan. You however, are an entirely different matter, I’m too polite to say what your personality sounds like–just reading your very sour comment speaks volumes.

14. Maybe so,but i finely quit Watching NCIS,cannot stand Bishop,i have gone elsewhere!

15. venia says:

what about THE WALKING DEAD, AAND GAME OF THRONES Walking dead has way hight ratings than NCSI, but I guess that doe does not count, personal I think walking dead is the best drama on tv.

16. BJBD says:

NCIS has been my FAVORITE show since it’s conception, I watch every re-run and every Marathon. However as for the “new-cast”, specifically the new female. I now seldom watch the show. It is so different. I loved Kate and am glad she found a new great show. But losing Ziva was a heart-breaker. Every person I talk to feels the same way. It has also changed the way Toni is….the chemistry between the two was wonderful and the sarcastic remarks were priceless. If I were the network I would do WHATEVER it took to bring Ziva back. And I know what I am about to say is petty, if not down right mean. And this is also what I hear from all my friends when we talk about the new female. Fine that she has blond hair but what is with the black eyebrows ? It looks horrible.
    I WANT ZIVA BACK SOOOOOOOOOO BAD.
    ZIVA, WHEREVER YOU ARE……PLEASE COME BACK, YOU ARE GREATLY MISSED.
    I have never been so passionate of any character that has left a show, Ziva was just the best.

• Angela says:

You know women with blond hair and dark eyebrows is not that uncommon a thing, right? Of all the reasons to dislike a character, that is probably one of the most ridiculous and nonsensical.

• Claudia says:

Then you probably aren’t interested in that the person chosen to represent the show in Monte Carlon (and who picked up the award) was Emily Wickersham. Go Ellie!

• Dawn Weaver says:

Cote (Ziva) quit. She left the show, she wasn’t fired, wasn’t run off the lot–SHE quit. So, why aren’t you writing her and demanding her return? It was her choice. As far as going after Emily Wickersham, well, it wouldn’t have mattered who took the role, haters gonna hate. (I live in Hollywood, there are quite a few women here with blonde hair and dark eyebrows–try making that comment to their faces–you would regret it). By the way, it’s Tony with a “y” not Toni with an “i”.

• Greg says:

Sorry to say that some folks do not understand these things. Just imagine what they would do if “Abby” showed up without dying her hair? For those who don’t know, Pauley is a bonafide blonde. In lieu of what I’m posting, read the next post. My faith in ignorance grows stronger every single day!

17. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

F%$k NCIS I used to LOVE the show but it’s wack now. HATE the new girl so thank god for USA network can just re-runs with everybody in it except that bitch!

• Dawn Weaver says:

Wow, what a totally rude and unreasonable comment. Another “zealot” heard from, must be horrible that people are still watching NCIS and find people like you to be so immature and unreasonable in their comments. Perhaps when you get older (you know, like over 12) you can comment in a more mature manner. Thank you; we are all challenged by your unique point of view………

18. smitti says:

Mary McCormack

19. jrh says:

NCIS was a spin off from TV’s JAG…As a viewer from the beginning…NCIS was great from day one…I am glad that CBS gave this show the time for the viewer to find this outstanding show – SOMETHING MANY SHOWS AREN’T GIVEN..

20. Christie says:

Yes, but the NCIS that received this award did NOT include Bishop. Let’s see if it happens again next year.

21. Michael says:

I was so happy when Cote Quit I almost quit season 10 because of her and the drama she was doing.

22. Marianne Gibson says:

The award was for season 10 which figured Ziva and Tony prominently. Bishop had nothing to do with it and yet she’s in the picture? Congratulations should go to the cast that made NCIS the most watched: Tony, Ziva, Tim, Abby, Gibbs, Ducky, Palmer and cance. To them I tip my hat!

23. Esperanza Blevins says:

I only watch the old show or re-run. After Ziva left, I don’t watch it anymore. The only reason why the show is popular because of ZIVA, GIBBS, ABBY, DR. MALLARD DANOZO, VANCE, AND MAGEE. THE SHOW IS POPULAR BECAUSE OF THEM NOT BISHOP. I WISH THEY’D PUT BISHOP WITH THE NEW NCIS “NEW ORLEANS” NCSI became very popular because of ZIVA the leading lady!

• Erin says:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree. I suppose some fans watched the show for wonder Ziva and when Ms. de Pablo decided to leave, their reason for watching was gone. This is not the case with me, or apparently the 20 plus million American fans who have tuned in each week in season 11, despite the fact that Ms. de Pablo was only in one of those episodes. Those Ziva fans who still, after almost a year are so pissed off and disappointed that their favorite is no longer on the show need to go to the source (Cote de Pablo) to find out why she left, instead of insulting and berating all others still connected with the show. Please – ask Ms. de Pablo. See if she cares enough to answer.

• Greg says:

Having watched several different decades of television shows, I believe I can confidently say that MOST folks who leave a good show to “become a star in their own right” usually wind up regretting their decision very quickly. Suzanne, Farrah, Chevy, etc. Who among us actually believes that Cote de Pablo has enough “star power” to carry a movie? Put your hand back down Esperanza!

• Dean says:

Spoken like a true baby butchering ziva nut.

• Dean says:

Second you spelled DINOZZO wrong.

24. eris ochs says:

i could see N C I S but monderd family

25. Joan Givens says:

I watch NCIS on Tuesday night and every time on reruns with Cloo and USA; Miss Ziva (Cote de Palo) and Mike Franks (Muse Watson) . Love Gibbs, Abby, Tony, and team. But I am sorry I do not enjoy watching Bishop.

26. Christie says:

This award was for season ten which included Ziva and was pre-Bishop. Let’s see what happens next year. Probably what happened here in the US. Ratings down, no more most watched drama. And I hate it that it’s happening, because it didn’t have to be that way. Shame on CBS

27. It makes me over joyed that my favorite show on the planet is coming back strong as ever. I cannot wait.

28. Carol says:

Great show, look forward to it every week. Cast and Drama is tip top.

29. sandi says:

I wish these stories would clarify which years the award was given about. The worldwide audience may not have seen much or all of S11. Myself, loved NCIS until Ziva left. Neither my husband nor self nor our 16 yrold can stand tbe changed show.

If the award IS for press S11 episodes it is disrespectful for CBS to have removed Cote from team photos regarding the award. After all many of the viewers watching were not watching Bishop.

30. Cabbage soup diet is a taste of the products
    oor medications via the net. First in the acai berry 14 day
    cleanse before and after buff build-up. Is acai a scam, Goood on acai berry
    14 day cleanse before and after your journey too a healthier
    life. You will find many items online annd rest. Glycation to
    gaining weight due to the presence of scams and the antioxidants within a human body.

31. email marketing says:

It’s an remarkable paragraph designed for all the web people; they will take benefit
    from it I am sure.

32. This is a very good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very accurate information… Thanks for
    sharing this one. A must read article!

33. Kattie says:

When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she wants to be available that in detail,
    therefore that thing is maintained over here.

34. I do trust all of the concepts you have presented
    to your post. They are very convincing and caan definitely work.
    Still, the postgs are very quick for beginners.
    Could you plrase lengthen them a biit from subsequet time?
    Thank you ffor the post.

35. yahoo says:

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post’s
    to be exactly what I’m looking for. can you offer
    guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on most of the
    subjects you write about here. Again, awesome website!

36. azurite says:

The word is formed from Greek words Chrysos that
    means ‘gold’ and kola that means ‘glue’. Chrysocolla is an amorphous type of crystal and usually contains some
    amount of aluminum and quartz. These everyday blessings and spiritual insights are often momentary.

37. I think this іis among thе most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reeading yoսr article. But want
    to remɑrk on some general things, The web site style is
    wonderful, the articles is reallу nice : D. Good job, cheers

38. Marcelo says:

Some entrepreneurs result in the mistake when trying to create business in a very scale disparate using use of
    funds and resources to advance loans. This article will mention Internet marketing and about receiving a master’s degree in Internet marketing online.
    For example in case you run a weightloss nutrition practice take into consideration partnering up which has a exercise website.

39. My brother suggested I might like this blog.

He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how
    much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

40. Proponents of the barefoot running movement claim that once a runner removes
    his shoes, his feet naturally seek the most efficient running gait.
    At later levels the Cra can lay done some mean suppression fire by
    poisoning enemies as well as dampening the distance of enemy
    fire to keep them from attacking, even up close. Hopefully, you never need that, but if you ever did, it could potentially save your life and I know
    I feel better knowing I do what I can to be prepared for anything.

41. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot.
    I was looking for this certain info for a very long
    time. Thank you and good luck.