Finding Carter Trailer: First Look at MTV's New Kidnapping Drama

“The woman you think is your mother is not your mother. She’s your kidnapper.” That delightful little revelation is the basis for MTV’s new drama Finding Carter, which released its first full trailer Wednesday.

RELATED | Finding Carter Ordered to Series at MTV

The series follows a teenage girl named Carter Stevens (Reign‘s Kathryn Prescott) as she’s forced to accept that her entire life is built on a lie. Additionally, she has to adjust to a new life with her real family, including new parents David (Grimm’s Alexis Denisof) and Elizabeth (The Young and the Restless‘ Cynthia Watros).

(Look, growing up is hard for everybody, OK?)

MTV has ordered 12 episodes of the new series, scheduled to premiere July 8 at 10/9c with back-to-back episodes.

Watch the Finding Carter trailer below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on MTV’s new drama. Will you be watching?

1. johnhelvete says:

Really looking forward to this. Prescott is playing Carter a little bit unlikeable but you still like her at the same time, if that makes sense. Her American accent is good as well. Miss the stuff with her “mother” in that first look that was released over a month ago, but this actual trailer is better than that first look.

2. Mina says:

It sounds like that book, Face on a milk carton.

• LADY_in_MD says:

That’s the first thing I thought about and the classi movie based off the book with the girl from picket fences

• johnhelvete says:

Actually watched Face again on youtube, and it is Kellie Martin from Life Goes On not Picket Fences. The interesting thing is the movie is based on the first two books in a series, with the second half of the movie being roughly the second book. Think the only similarity is the premise and the girl having to live with her bio parents and siblings she does not know, almost everything else in the trailers and what I have read is very different from FOTMC.

3. Sophod says:

This actually looks promising. Will definitely watch the first episode to see if its as good as the trailer makes it to be.

4. Pedro says:

I’m still bummed that they didn’t use Kathryn Prescott’s twin to play her sister.
    I’ll definitely check it out when it premieres.

• johnhelvete says:

I dont understand this. The actress playing the sister appears to be very good, though I am basing this more on the first look from over a month ago that featured the sister more than this trailer.

• Pedro says:

I don’t have anything against the actress playing her sister, I just wished I could see Kathryn and Megan together on screen again.

5. Nick says:

Back to back episodes? So it’s gonna air at 10 and 11? That’s really stupid it seems like MTV wants it to fail

• Christian says:

Why, are teens not awake at 11pm during the summer? Awkward did great at 11 in its debut season 3 summers ago. This show seems more in ABC Family’s wheelhouse though.

• johnhelvete says:

Also not a big fan of the two episode premiere. It does seem like a better show than some of the recent thriller/mystery shows that ABC Family has put on Tuesdays after Pretty Little Liars.

6. Lore says:

Yeah, ill be watching, i like very much Prescott, and Wyatt and his beautiful hair is there too

7. Becky says:

I’ll definitely check it out for Alexis Denisof.

8. Alan says:

the premise is decent but it seems more like something that would be suited to a feature film, not sure it can sustain an ongoing story.
    still its got alexis denisof so its at least worth a look.

9. “this is me at my most sadistic-and truthful.”

10. Aimee says:

I’ll watch it just for Wyatt and his hair alone. (yes, I know his name isn’t really Wyatt but that’s how I know him.)

• EJ386 says:

I thought it was great to see him too… still there are many reasons to watch this. Skins’ alum Katherine, Buffy’s Alexis and a intriguing looking trailer. I’m looking forward to this show.

11. Joey Padron says:

New trailer looks good. Looking forward to check out show.

12. Celeste says:

I’m getting an ABC Family’s The Fosters vibe from this show. The lead is similar to Callie and they even got the guy who played Callie’s BF to be in the show. The blonde mom is a cop, just like in The Fosters. It’s very similar.