Inside Amy Schumer Renewed for Season 3 at Comedy Central

schumer-renewal

Looks like we’re going back Inside Amy Schumer: Comedy Central on Monday announced that the comedienne’s sketch series will return for a third season.

RELATED | TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Also renewed: the cabler’s black comedy Review and anthology of animated shorts TripTank, which both received orders for a second season.

PHOTOS | Emmys 2014: Outstanding Comedy Series — Our 6 Dream Nominees!

In addition, the channel issued series orders to the historical drama parody Another Period, starring Natasha Leggero (Burning Love) and Riki Lindhome (EnlightenedSuper Fun Night), and Idiot Sitter, about a woman (Charlotte Newhouse, Community) hired to babysit an obscenely rich woman-child (Jillian Bell, Workaholics).

1. Nate says:

Yay! !!

2. Jared Munson says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t find her funny?

• Joshua says:

Probably not.. I often wonder the same thing about Jack Black. I can’t stand him.

• David says:

It’s kind of hit or miss. I think there are some very funny moments like when they did the Sorkin spoof. But these shows on Comedy Central really make me long for the days of Chappelles Show.

• Gwen says:

No, you are not. I feel the same way about her that I do about Sarah Silverman…I don’t think women need to be vulgar to be funny (I feel the same way about men). I find the use of curse-ridden language to be the sign of a weak vocabulary.

• Jared Munson says:

I’ve performed stand up for 7 years and one of the guys I first opened for said, “if you can’t be funny without the f-word…or if your joke can’t stand on its own legs without it how funny are you – is the joke?”

• Michael says:

I find her stand-up to be hilarious…her roast of Roseanne was amazing…but her sketches aren’t all that great. I find one out of every five to be funny.

• Jack says:

Just dont watch her. Or come to articles that are about her.

Bam, problem solved.

3. Rich says:

She’s got a different style of humor that tends to work on multiple levels. Usually there’s a base level of crass which is woven together with a much more cerebral vibe which sometimes just flies right past most people. I’m not a super fan, but I’ve been amused with how people tend to pigeon hole her humor as solitary trees sitting side by side and completely miss the collective forest right in front of them. NPR did a piece on her style a few months back which I enjoyed.

4. Miranda says:

YES! I love Amy Schumer and the show is genius.
    This is the kind of sketch comedy SNL wishes it could make.
    It also amuses me how quick people are to judge her comedy because of it’s sexual, feminist nature and completely dismiss the smart, observational commentary she and her writers weave in too.

5. CountryQueen says:

Excellent! This show was even better this season that last season. Look forward to more. P.S. Loved her final act of her last show – Bridget Everett

6. George says:

Sweet! When does season 3 start? I miss this hot & funny woman on my TV!