Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Scoop: 13 Things You Need to Know

Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Premiere Spoilers

Listen up, inmates! The entire second season of Netflix’s Orange Is the New Black becomes available Friday at midnight, and I’ve got a little welcome-back-to-Litchfield care package for you.

I’ve watched the first few episodes and humbly offer up a few tidbits of info, which hardcore fans know is just as valuable as a pack of cigarettes or some name-brand estrogen pills.

Now, if you don’t want to know anything about the latest exploits of Piper, Alex, Crazy Eyes and the gang until you’ve blasted through all of the episodes, get thee to the prison yard immediately.

Everyone else, read on for scoop re: the cell-block newbies, lingo you’ll want to know and what happened after that Season 1 cliffhanger of a brawl.

VIDEO | Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Trailer: Feisty Piper Growls ‘Don’t Make Me Rip Your Throat Out’

CHANGING PLACES | The first episode takes place almost completely outside of Litchfield and focuses on two characters, but we’re back at the penitentiary – with the rest of the crowd – by Episode 2.

ON THE VISITOR’S LIST | Jodie Foster (The Silence of the Lambs), who directed Season 1’s “Lesbian Request Denied,” is back to helm a Season 2 episode.

NEW FACES | As previously reported, Lori Petty (A League of Their Own) and Lorraine Toussaint (Any Day Now) appear in the new episodes; both show up early in the run, and one plays somebody with connections to several characters we already know well.

RELATED | Boardwalk Empire‘s Charlie Cox Cast as Netflix’s Daredevil

CHAPMAN REDUX | Another rookie, played by Kimiko Glenn (Law & Order: SVU), helps us realize just how different Piper’s become since setting foot inside the prison.

WHERE’S ALEX? | Laura Prepon’s slightly reduced presence in Season 2 is addressed in the first episode… and in a way you might not expect.

WORDS OF THE DAY | You’ll be introduced to the words “poochie” and “cliterference.” It’s probably best not to throw them around, willy-nilly, at work.

DISTURBIA | One character gets some very bad news, which causes her to cry, “You don’t go Jessica Simpson when you got Rihanna!”

RELATEDOrange Is the New Black Renewed for Season 3

MILKING IT | As haggard new mom Polly, Maria Dizzia performs a whole (non-sex) scene with one breast bared. It’s pretty funny.

GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE | Though the series doesn’t immediately pick up with Piper and Pennsatucky’s Christmastime fisticuffs, we do learn exactly what happened on the night of the holiday play.

MORE THAN A TASTE | Taystee, who has a more prominent role in the action this season, experiences a win – and then a letdown – sometime in the first three episodes.

WE WERE ON A BREAK! | Larry has some (possibly not-kosher) intrigue of his own going on back in Brooklyn.

RUT-ROH | One Litchfield denizen is gone this season. Explanation from one of the inmates? “It got weird.”

CUDDLE TIME | There’s an unlikely liplock between two inmates.

Are you planning to paint your weekend Orange? Got guesses as to who’s referred to above? Sound off in the comments!

1. Nate says:

ONE. MORE. DAY! !!!!!!

2. Mel says:

So excited! The only thing that has me sad is there will be only 4 episodes with Laura Prepon. Alex and her relationship with Piper is what really got me obsessing over this show and counting the days til season 2. But I’m still super excited and at least with binge watching Alex will be back sooner rather than later!

• Jen says:

Yeah I’m totally bummed she won’t be in the whole season :( I need my Alex fix! But I guess 4 episodes is better than the one originally reported, and the best part is she’ll be back for all of season 3 which is the best news I’ve heard in a long time. Hopefully the 4 episodes aren’t just a flashback in each and she’s got a big part in them. I can’t wait to see her with Piper again. Laura and Taylor have the most amazing chemistry of any couple on tv right now!

3. N says:

Glad the show is back!

4. IC says:

Is that you Katy Perry?

5. Big Mike says:

Midnight Eastern or Pacific?

6. Aimee says:

I am all ready for my Friday marathon Binge. I love this show!!!

• Jamel R. says:

I hate living on east coast got to wait till 12:00 Pacific Time to watch new season. Dang time zones

7. kim mckinven says:

Not showing till midnight tonight???.. ah well no sleep for me

8. BrianR says:

Just finished watching the first season on DVD and I really hope they get season 2 out on DVD as soon as it ends on Netflix. Why the reduced Alex in season 2?, come on Alex and Piper need to be together and she should dump Larry who I’m sorry Jason Biggs but I just start laughing at him in any sort of sex scene and keep seeing the American Pie guy and the apple pie.

9. Mazer Delphiki says:

Why would you watch on DVD and not on Netflix? I’m just curious, since a month of Netflix is cheaper than a DVD set… Do you not have internet or something?

10. Darren says:

It’s past midnight and the new season isnt on what gives?

11. Rob Raincock says:

Dammit… it is midnight in Alberta on Friday and it isn’t on Canadian Netflix yet! DAMMIT@

12. nee says:

Its almost 2:30 I’m in Texas and its still not playing wtf is going on???

13. abz says:

Just finished binge-watching all 13 episodes. It was a crazy good season. Seriously regretting speeding through them so fast right now and having to wait another year for season 3.

14. Just watched the first episode, gonna be honest, didn’t enjoy it much. Very much over the whole Pipper/Alex drama. Oh she snaked her AGAIN… come on!

15. Bethane Large says:

WHEN WILL SEASON THREE BE ON NETFLIX?

16. Bethane Large says:

I already watched season two.
    So whhen is season three gonna be on Netflix