Sleepy Hollow Sets Season 2 Premiere Date

sleepyhollow_s2_video

If waiting for new Sleepy Hollow episodes seems like your own personal stint in Purgatory, take heart: Fox on Monday let us know exactly when Abbie and Ichabod’s mission will resume.

The supernatural drama will return on Sept. 22 at 9/8c for a second season, the network announced at a screening and panel discussion held at California’s Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

RELATED | Exclusive: Sleepy Hollow Taps One Tree Hill Actor to Aid Ichabod & Abbie

Also on Monday, the series posted the following behind-the-scenes photo to its Facebook page with the caption, “What confrontations will ensue in Season 2?” Peruse, then scroll down.

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Spoilers

That’s gotta be Abbie in the pigtails, right? Maybe in a flashback? And could the woman sitting opposite her possibly be her mom? (Remember, series co-creator/executive producer Alex Kurtzman teased that we’d “perhaps” meet Mama Mills in the drama’s second season.)

Hit the comments with all manner of speculation about what will befall Mills and Crane in Season 2!

1. Babybop says:

Color me exicted!

2. TerriB says:

Can’t wait!!!

3. Ram510 says:

Fox needs to make this coming season a full 22 episode season. It needs it

• Rook says:

No thank you. I like the 12 episode seasons that some shows do. They rarely have filler episodes that are horrible and they usually run straight without any weeks off.

• Joey says:

Awful idea. I love the show and want more of it, but I’d rather keep it the way it is and wait longer, then get 22 episodes. Those 22 episodes will contain the same amount of story that a 12 episode season would have, but they’ll throw in boring filler, and will run the risk of having poorer ratings because of it. On top of that, the budget would have to go up, making it an even bigger risk for the network. With 12 episodes you get a clear story with no filler, consistent ratings, and a good budget that will keep the studio happy.

• Danyelle says:

Horrible idea. Quantity up, quality down.

• Dr. Opossum says:

I wouldn’t mind a 16 episode season with 4 airing in the spring. I don’t think quality would suffer.

• dee says:

Season 2 will have 18 episodes. This was announced back in March.

• puredieselbc says:

Dee that’s correct. Personally, I wish Fox would break the season in two: nine eps in fall, -winter hiatus- and then come back with nine eps in the spring. This would either cut down or eliminate the hiatuses and pre-emptions we all HATE.

• What’s particularly tricky about doing two nine-episode blocks is working around World Series coverage in the fall, which almost certainly sidelines the show for two weeks in October. My guess is that the first four episodes air, a block of six more run from November 3 through December 8, and the final eight air during January and February. They could run eight weeks in a row concluding on February 23, or end as early as February 9 with a two-hour finale, granted that a new episode runs on December 15.

4. the wait for this is so long i liked the show but if something better takes its spot on diff channel will prob just dvr this

5. Pat says:

I will be waiting, with anticipation of course, for September 22nd. I can never get enough of Sleepy Hollow news.

6. kirads09 says:

I like the show, but not sure I am returning to Fox due to cancelling Almost Human. Not over it yet.

• Ron says:

Really? If everybody stopped watching shows on networks due to not rightful cancellations, then nobody would be watching anything…ever. There were plenty of cancellations this season I wasn’t pleased with, but I’m not gonna stop watching shows I enjoy just to spite a network that doesn’t give a flip about me. That’s almost like punishing yourself. Why take out your frustration on a quality show like Sleepy Hollow? But hey, your choice.

• dee says:

And what did the hardworking cast and crew of Sleepy Hollow have to do with that? So why punish them? You want them to get cancelled, too? Rather immature.

7. Charles says:

Glad we’re getting 18 episodes this year. It splits the middle ground by adding more but not too many.

8. Carla Krae says:

SQUEE!

9. steven says:

I think it would be better if it premiered closer to Halloween, it’s ratings could get a boost.

10. God says:

It would be better if the show would just air 9 episodes in the fall and 9 episodes in the spring.

11. I’m a plugin engineer for the wordpress platform. We’ve
    crafted a plugin that will gather web browsers contact information into one’s
    database without the need for their communication and interaction. I’m just wanting to find ‘beta’ testers also, since you
    may be receiving enormous portions of targeted visitors, I was looking into
    you and the weblog. Do you find yourself attracted?

12. Angela says:

So glad we’re getting a date for the show’s return! Can’t wait until September!

13. Teito says:

its simple…you want 22 episodes? well here you go, think of every one you watch as a series like an anime or other tv series tat run 20mins + ads =30min long to the full 43-60mins episode and at the end of the season you’ll have your 22 episodes + 2 more…..simple isn’t it, or make up the money it would cost to do more episodes and sponsor the series.

14. OMG I don’t know if I can wait until September to see Season 2 of Sleepy Hollow. You are all so fabulous :)

15. Debdu says:

I’m mad I have to wait until September. I can’t wait for it to come back on!

16. Roweena says:

WE LOVE SLEEPY HOLLOW…PLEASE LET THE SHOW CONTINUE FOR THE LONGEST. WE LOVE ICHABOD AND ABBIE VERY MUCH. WE RECORDED THE TV SERIES EVERY WEEK AND WATCHED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN IN THE WEEKEND. VERY NICE PLOT, REALLY NICE. EVENTS, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT. WE LOVE IT. WE CAN’T WAIT.

17. latasha says:

I don’t know why but I keep expecting to see a possible relationship brewing between Ichabod and Abigail because of all the time they spend together. I’m most excited to see what happens to her while she is stuck with Muloch and how Ichabod gets out of the grave his son put him in.

18. luvmykindle says:

Can’t wait hurry September.

19. Joanna5490 says:

OMG its about time!!!! I can’t for September 22nd to come!!

20. Kim Price says:

Woohoo, Ive been waiting since the end of season 1 to watch this again! Loved the first season and Im hoping that season 2 will be just as good if not better than the first.

21. Amy McCormick says:

I wish Ichabod would get rid of Katrina. All she has done is lie to him and keep secrets from him. I like the dynamic between Ichabod and Abbie but feel it would damage the relationship if they were to go beyond friendship.

22. Please please please can anyone help. When will sleepy hollow be season 2 be coming on British TV. can’t wait to see it love love love sleepy hollow. Thanks

23. Sharon says:

I love this show, probably one of my all time favorites! I do think they should have a Spring season! Making us wait all that time, is taking a risk of some viewers losing interest! I really hope they consider this! Love Icabod!!

24. Becky says:

When will the rest of Season 2 resume airing???