Quotes of the Week from Faking It, Mad Men, Penny Dreadful, Louie, Hollywood Exes, Rickles Tribute & More!

dw_qotw_6.1.14

Welcome to the month of June! In your 06-01-14 goodie bag, you’ll find TVLine’s Quotes of the Week!

Yes indeed, we’ve got a collection of the best retorts, one-liners and bon mots from the last seven days of small-screen hijinks!

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got sexy talk on Devious Maids and Faking It, an Orange Is the New Black-style retort on Orphan Black, a righteous life mantra on Hollywood Exes, double doses of Amy Schumer, Louie and Mad Men, and so much more.

So click through our gallery (look for the button beneath the photo, above) for the latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Lists, Photo Gallery, Quotes of the Week

1. lictors  lidding  lidless  liefest  liernes  lievest  lifeful  lifeway.
    Multiplayer mode is where most players can faxt earn more resources.
    mastered masterly masthead mastiche mastiffs
    mastitic mastitis mastixes.

2. TaMara says:

Seriously, fire your web designer. I quit reading after the 3rd quote. The font, the colors, the layout make it uncomfortable to read, impossible to keep reading without losing where the heck I’m at in a paragraph. I’ve given it a week and the eyestrain isn’t worth the scoop.

3. Scott Johnston says:

Might help if the ad boxes weren’t covering half of the quotes.

4. Anna says:

Sorry, but I do not like the new gallery. The colors, the font.. it has all been said before. Also, I accidentally clicked on the “next gallery” thing because I didn’t keep checking on which slide I was (because it used to just start over again) and then I clicked back and then the “return to article” link was gone and that is really annoying.

5. opus says:

I want to add my desire that you return to the old web design. The eye strain from the new design (the bright white backing and the font) is just ridiculous.

6. Alan says:

i can deal with the new design, its alright but could be improved with a few little tweaks, but please put the galleries back in the actual articles, screams of desperation for better ad impressions with the way it is now.

• Sara says:

Yes! Bring the galleries back to how they were.

Also, thanks for changing the comments back to oldest-to-newest.

7. xx says:

Nice try at grabbing more clicks, but I’m not going through these stupid take-me-off-the-page galleries. Pity, I liked this feature.

8. Alison says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE return to the old web design. The font and colors make the articles difficult to read, and I despise the “view gallery” setup. Please put the galleries back in each individual article, and return to the old layout!

9. Aisha says:

If you must have the photos on a separate page, please make it open in a new tab because then i have to go through the gallery and then click back to the page to make comments.

• Francine says:

Mine opens in a new tab- maybe it was changed?

• Francine says:

I see what you mean now. Just to clarify- I actually clicked on the bolded text at the end of the article and it opened in a new tab. I see if you click the “View Gallery” link underneath the photos, it doesn’t open in a new tab… Either way its still frustrating :(

10. girlwonder77 says:

I hate galleries. Can I get the list back?

11. It took me nearly ten minutes to find the written quotes on the gallery page, because I wasn’t expecting to find primary page content in the right-hand sidebar. That’s where I expect ads, navigational aids, and supplemental content to be on this site, and the initial gallery-page design doesn’t do a good job of visually connecting the quotes with the photos.

Having said that, I actually like having the quote text beside the photo rather than below it. One of my greatest frustrations with the old design was that my widescreen monitor sometimes didn’t have the vertical space to display the full photo and the quote underneath it on a single screen. If you flip the design elements — quote text on the left, associated photo on the right — I think you’ll make the gallery pages much more viewer-friendly. Also, there should be at least a little bit of line-space between paragraph elements (series title, quote, commentary) in the text block to improve readability.

12. Francine says:

Seems like almost everyone has a different viewing experience with these galleries now. The text is below the pictures on mine and I have to scroll down to read it, then scroll back up to click to the next picture.. And depending on which link you click you either get it in a new tab or you don’t… And the “back to article” link doesn’t show up again if you accidentally click to the next gallery and then try to go back… Plus I still can’t see all of the comment section even if I turn my phone sideways(which seems to be an iPhone issue only). I know it depends on whether you’re viewing it on a desktop or mobile…. So hopefully the kinks will be worked out. Still love your site!

13. Stacy says:

I hate to say it, but I miss the old site design too. Revert! Revert! You can keep the staff caricatures, but for pete’s sake fix the galleries. Your old gallery was one of the few — anywhere on the web — that I enjoyed.

14. Et al. says:

Wow. The new site was definitely not designed with mobile viewing in mind.

15. Nate says: