Nathaniel Buzolic Returning to The Originals In Season 2: Find Out How!

The Originals Kol Season 2

Last seen enjoying the afterlife on The Vampire Diaries, Klaus and Elijah’s baby bro is set to resurface on The Originals, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | The Originals Stars Tease Esther’s Revenge, ‘Uneasy’ New Alliances and More in Season 2

Nathaniel Buzolic will reprise the role of Kol Mikaelson in a Season 2 flashback, which is bound to set up even more family drama for the Original vampires.

Rumors of Buzolic’s return were first sparked earlier this month when a press release noted the actor would only be attending Barcelona’s BloodyNightCon due to “work commitments with The Originals.”

Buzolic previously appeared as Kol in The Originals‘ pilot.

Are you pumped to see Kol back with his family, even if it’s just via flashback? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Buzolic’s brief return below.

1. ivy says:

but now make him a series regular

• smellme says:

he is dead, can’t bring everyone back to life

• jericho says:

Have you watched these shows? They just brought back like 5 people from “death” and Kol was seen in the area.

• wordsmith says:

Except, if you’ve been following TVD, you’d have seen Kol getting sucked into oblivion as the Other Side collapsed. Unless they want to pull a really contrived switcheroo, that seems about as dead as dead can be on a show like this.

• ggny says:

Expect for the fact that you have no idea where these people where sucked to. They could have been all sucked to a Desert Island someone around Fiji

• wordsmith says:

That’s exactly what I meant by “contrived switcheroo.” Revealing that the horrible apocalypse the characters faced was in fact neither horrible nor apocalyptic cheapens the whole story. There need to be at least some stakes and consequences or there’s no tension.

• John says:

Except they never showed Kol getting sucked away into Oblivion. So there’s no proof he didn’t find a way out like Mikael, Esther and Finn did

• Dmav says:

Really contrived…this is Plec and Dries contrived be thy name.

• I don’t recall any episode where the viewers SAW Kol getting sucked into oblivion. That’s simply an assumption we can make at the moment since he wasn’t shown crossing back into the real world with Enzo, Stefan, and the others. But the fact that we didn’t actually see him leaves room for the writers to pull a surprise.

• alistaircrane says:

Agreed. He should have been a regular from the get-go.

• Michelle says:

yes he must be a season regular

2. Brooke says:

I knew that would happen the second they didn’t pick up his SPN spin-off.

3. meah says:

Julie plec should make him a regular at once.she knows he’ll kill it.but her ego won’t let her because she already said she won’t succumb to the kol fans and bring him back

• lechatnoir says:

No , his accent is terrible and its distracting . And his acting skills are amateurish. I could never tell if he’s trying a US a british or a south african accent .

• Anna says:

Funny how American viewers are so hung up on accents, even the different American ones! Nitpicky that much? Put the CC or mute him, M. Le Chat.

• Sarah says:

Well considering that he’s Australian, just like Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin, I’m gonna guess he’s just using his own natural accent, since Claire never hides hers. If we want to talk bad accents, let’s discuss Phoebe. I love her, have since H20, but her accent on TVD and The Originals is just downright bad.

• Sarah says:

Actually, the best American accent by a foreign actor on this show is from Eka Darville, the guy who plays Diego, who is also Australian.

• Ayanda says:

He is Australian. And since Australia were under British rule, their words are from British english. A lot of Australian accents will remind of South African since South Africa also was under Britain.

• The bitter fatty hates Kol stans lol

4. Russell says:

Oh my god. He needs to move on. He might actually book a pilot if he didn’t spend all of his time going from convention to convention with the TVD & TO cast.

5. Martin says:

They can try everything they want bringing back the actors of Michael and now Kol and the characters of Esther and Finn but let’s face facts – the show is not half as good as it would be if Rebecca were still in it. (If Claire Holt was under contract I would of made her stay if I was Julie Plec)

Ps. I still watch the show but don’t think it half as good as it was – still better than what The Vampire Diaries became this season though.

• Scott Johnston says:

Rebekah IS still in the show…she’s just not in a handful of episodes.

• Melanie says:

You really want something a la Katherine Heigl, who had to fight so hard to leave Grey’s Anatomy that she just destroyed the plot and her characters. At least that way we keep a decent Rebekah. And what they did with her is awesome. She deserves to be happy and raising a child will make her happy.

• Disagree. Rebekah and her endless boyfriend drama was the most annoying thing about The Originals.

• Lana says:

I actually felt really bad for Rebekah, and her “boyfriend troubles”. She’s been living a thousand years of being used by others or ‘tormented’ by Klaus, her brother. She longs for someone to actually have genuine feelings for her without any hidden agenda. If in our life time as humans, we long for people in a very young age, what more can she?

• Hayley existing is more annoying than Rebekah’s D addiction

• Mila says:

100 % TRUE!!! I started thinking that i am the only one who hates Hayley soooooooooooooo much!! I am a huge TVD and i realy got exited about TO, but with Phoebe in it, i get sick.

6. Dani says:

He should be on the show full time!!!!

7. Dr. L says:

The show is great. He’s just the cherry to the top.

8. Aisha says:

ugh, the headline got me so excited :(
    honestly though, if the originals generally refers to five vampires: Finn, Elijah, Niklaus, Kol and Rebekah; then they actually need more than two as regulars otherwise it might as well be called “Two Guys Move to New Orleans and they might be vampires”
    To everyone saying they can’t keep bringing people back, I’ve had to suffer through 5 completely illogical seasons of TVD, if Alaric can keep dying/coming back and Damon is so clearly going to come back, Kol can too.

• Dmav says:

Exactly and now they are set to bring Bonnie and Damon back I think bringing Kol back shouldn’t be a problem. For some reason JP and CD seem to be anti-Kol… I think he ended up more popular than they intended and didn’t want to take attention off their Golden Boy Damon, which shouldn’t be a problem as they would be on different shows. Fingers crossed.

9. Cris. says:

All the hope I ever had of Kol returning has been been denied. Kol gets a flashback but Finn comes back and try to cause hell with his dearest mother/cassie, its patheic. Don’t call this a reunion without Kol in present-day form.

10. Kate says:

Too bad only in flashback (I do believe both these shows finally have made death a real thing with the collapse of the Other Side, probably with some tragic exception for Bonnie who likely decides to give it to Damon for whatever reason, read Kat Graham’s music career) because he was fun and though I believe Hayley will be a good go between with the brothers now as she and Klaus like each other as friends and they trust each other, Kol’s presence would be nice as he was sort of this weird blend of the brothers. Its especially odd now, he is actually the only Mikaelson (besides that other brother who died in the first place) who is actually dead.

11. Mj says:

If you can bring back so many others to life can’t you bring him back he is my second fav original after klaus

12. Felicia says:

YAY! He needs to be a series regular. Kol is my favorite Original.

13. Monica says:

i want him back for good. she could of had him pass through bonnie and be alive again and take him to new Orleans to help Klaus and Elijah. like the fans want

14. so we got rid of rebeccah to bring back Kol — WTF

15. Jared says:

I figured that since Supernatural:Bloodlines wasnt picked up that he would be back on The Originals. Hopefully hes a series regular!

16. yeah make him a regular they need him

17. sterling2005 says:

Yes I will watched cause he belong to The Vampire Diaries-The Originals universe!!!

18. valerie says:

Y nt have kol full time there’s a lot of fans that like him. Y nt bring him back 2 live jus like mikeal n ester

19. valerie says:

I say bring kol full time jus like hw ester n mikeal can cum fu I like kol his fun 2 watch bt sowi I’m nt a fan of haley I dnt know y she became a hibrid

20. Nathaniel. Needs to come back and join his brothers and sister, as he is an original.

21. Tay Henry says:

this is a great start, it took no time before Michael was back.

22. Johnnie says:

Great news. Hope they can figure out a way to bring him back permanently.

23. I cant wait for kol to come back to the show i would.love to see him come back as a regular

24. I think that however they bring Damon and Bonnie back on TVD, Kol will get an out too and will be heading to NOLA to reunite with his brothers. Esther will return as well and will of course try to off her offspring. So, when Rebecca finds out she’ll make a trip there to help her bros in the fight, thus jeopardizing Hayley and Klaus’s baby because somehow the witches or the werewolves ( I’m betting on the latter bcas of their keen sense of smell; they will smell the baby on her) will know that she lives. See, I could write for these shows.

25. Joelene says:

Well….I hadn’t heard that bloodlines wasn’t happening anymore:-/ I was so excited to have a show where Nathaniel was a regular! They NEED to bring him back as a series regular!

26. tanyaradzwa machingauta says:

I’m so excited can’t wait for season. Two to come out…

27. Lynne says:

You Betcha,, Take Heart!! Kol all the way as a regular!!

28. Lynne says:

Absolutely YES!! Take Heart,, Kol all the way,, as a regular. That smiley faced stinker.:)

29. viveca says:

Why don’t bring Kol and Bonnie back so Bonnie can take all Davine’s powers and then Bonnie will be the strongest witch

30. Robbie. says:

Absolutely! his young, sexy and a needs a good writer. Kol the vampire was stuck on the other side of death in purgatory, Bonnie the Witch (Vampire Diaries) brought Kol back to earth.
    However his still a Vampire, sadly Damon and Bonnie went down and are considered dead.

31. Ximaira says:

Personally, I would like to see Kol take on a permanent role! The Original family needs more members and we are discussing the ORIGINALS here. Kol’s character is unpredictable and fun which is what the series needs to spice things up a little.

32. Lalalala says:

They need to bring Kol back. He respects the witches so maybe they could have saved him???

33. Lynne says:

Take Heart:) Kol (N.B.:) Will be back as a regular. I have faith. This young man with the sweet smiling Face, that belies his Devious nature. Absolutely!!:) Wouldn’t have it any other way. Rock & Roll T.O.!!

34. Just a flashback really? We’re sick of that duckling getting more screentime and now you will have to make us watch spreading her duck rabies for 40 mins and we only get 3 mins of Kol because Kol-stans gave Julie Plec butthurt on twitter. Really childish, Pleccy.

35. Sammie says:

i’m a fan of this show but I’d rather see the sister come back which I think she will. As I remember the last episode, she has the ‘special’ baby.

36. Betty says:

I’d like to see Kol undaggered than just to be a memory in the flashbacks. We all miss his sass!

37. Siaitoti Gadvemova says:

OMG!!!!! Nathaniel is my favorite actor from The Vampire dieres and i can`t believe he will come back! It`s amazing! I love it!!!!!

38. kinza says:

yes we want him back as a series regular .. but not just in flashbacks … with him on the show it would be just perfect …n thrilling & exciting

39. A says:

First of all they haven’t confirmed that the brother who came back is Finn so it might be Khol.
    And speaking of people who should have come back Silas duh

40. A says:

My fave character is Klaus then Silas then Stephan and then *Kol
    But I just want To to come back already

41. kerlyne p says:

#TeamKol

42. Ani Jon says:

Yes I love Kol!!!! He’s my favorite original.

43. heaven says:

in comic con trailer for season 2, esteher said she wants bring kol back…i dont think the originals will follow the storyline of TVD-sucked ínto oblivion…in season 1 they turn werewolf into hybrid without using doppelgangers blood-whole 3rd and mid of 4th season was about getting elenas blood nd they just threw it away in TO

44. Natasha dewhurst says:

I wana see kol back id be intrested to see davina and kol fall for one another and how compilcated and inconvienent those feelings could be for everyone, love cami but only want to see her as a good friend to klaus not a romantic relationship ha could use a real friend x

45. whydoucare says:

He who cannot act come to the show we need your NO TALENT!

46. Matt says:

I hope only in a flashback. Don’t need him bringing down another show. Like Klaus said that Finn was a dullard and more interesting lying in a box is what I sum up as being Kol too. He’s like a little rat.

47. Jade says:

first of all, i’m so excited he’s coming back, but i’m also completely annoyed because its only in a flashback. i have no idea why they got rid of him.