E! Passes On One Tree Hill Alum's Music-Themed Drama Pilot Songbyrd

Songbyrd Bethany Joy Lenz

It’s official: the hour-long drama pilot Songbyrd will not be taking flight at E!

The pilot starred Bethany Joy Lenz (One Tree Hill) as singer-songwriter Lauren Byrd, a character loosely based on Diane Warren. Also starring Rumer Willis, the series was set to follow Lauren’s unorthodox rise to musical superstardom.

RELATED | Elizabeth Hurley Reigns Supreme In E!’s The Royals — Watch First Teaser Trailer

Songbyrd was created/executive-produced by Krista Vernoff (Grey’s Anatomy), with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Smash) also serving as executive producers.

The music-themed drama was one of the network’s first two scripted pilots, the other being The Royals, which was ordered to series.

1. K says:

Very disappointed :( this show seemed like it could’ve been pretty good, I love the cast! Such a shame. Please reconsider E!

2. anna says:

too many kardashian shows to put on something else… what else can we expect, it’s E!

3. Bryce says:

Saaaaaaaaaaaad!

4. Aleana says:

Why I was actually looking forward to watch this show it had one of my favorite actresses but what do expect it’s E! all they know is those stupid Kardashians

5. umyah says:

Of course it did. E! doesn’t have any room for people with real talent, not to mention real actresses. Why did this show want to go with this crap network anyway?

6. adamcala1234 says:

It’s a shame… Bethany Joy Lenz is a talented actress/musician. .

7. Wheen all jars are filled and in the canner rack, lowedr the rack into the canner.
    Add vetsin, salt to taste, lastly mix Renno liver spread
    to thickensd and for extra flavor. Strawberry plants spread
    raoidly through a system of runners, when they are not producing
    fruit.

8. In fact, most of the contemporary arts that we see
    nowadays are a nice blend of two. Adding a collection of framed photographs, wall carving,
    and collectibles is a reasonable way to renovate any room in your home.

This should be easy because there are so many different styles
    of metal wall art to choose from.

9. Dude says:

All you pissed people claiming that E! doesn’t know talent…you haven’t even seen it. Maybe it sucked.

10. Joey Padron says:

Sad her show didn’t get pickup. Hope she’ll back on tv
    Soon.

11. Joe says:

I hope they try to shop the show to other networks. I sounded great and I really want Bethany Joy Lenz back on tv. She is a wonderful actress and I absolutely loved her on “One Tree Hill”.

12. Joe says:

I hope they try to shop the show to other networks. It sounded great and I really want Bethany Joy Lenz back on tv. She is a wonderful actress and I absolutely loved her on “One Tree Hill”.

13. nate says:

great, E! does something right for once and stops it…a**holes!!!!!!!

14. H says:

Maybe Vernoff can get her a guest spot on Grey’s.

15. EJ386 says:

Too bad BJL is an awesome actress. Can’t she get a guestspot on Nashville I think she would fit in perfectly.

• Tyler says:

THIS!!!!!

• Thea says:

This would make me so happy! But I really hope they try to shop this around because I’d really love to see her as a lead in a music-driven show that isn’t already full to bursting with characters that are being underutilized.

16. RKB says:

Such a bummer.

17. Shannon says:

I’m really disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing BJL in another show again and the rest of the cast looked pretty good too. Maybe it will find it’s way to another network?

18. ggny says:

Im actually surprised. I was hearing good thing about the show and heard E! was high on it. Wonder what happened

19. Jenny says:

I’m disappointed, I want BJL back on TV.

20. Essie says:

Aww nooo! I love BJL. Put it on netflix please!

21. chadcronin says:

First they cancel one of the only things I watch on the network, Chelsea Lately, now they pass on this, which I would have watched. I think The soup is all that i have left

22. Gilby21 says:

Okay, does anyone know if there’s a way to change the sort order of the comments so it goes from oldest down to newest??? This website revamp sucks.

• Gilby21 says:

Okay, just saw that it wasn’t intentional. Wish there was a way I could delete this old comment, lol. Everybody just move along – nothing to see here…