CBS Pulls Cancelled Friends and Bad Teacher From Schedule

Friends With Better Lives

More bad news for cancelled comedies Friends With Better Lives and Bad Teacher: CBS won’t be airing their remaining episodes this summer.

Both sitcoms were victims of the network’s pre-Upfronts cancellation spree, which also included The Crazy Ones, Intelligence and Hostages.

RELATED | CBS Fall Schedule Revealed: Big Bang, NCIS: LA, Race, CSI on the Move; Two and a Half Men Entering Final Season, The Mentalist MIA

With the cut comedies out of the mix, CBS will air Mom repeats Mondays at 8:30/7:30c — aka its new time slot starting this fall — while the Eye’s Thursday rerun lineup will now play as follows: The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Two and a Half Men and The Millers.

FWBL has four unaired episodes remaining, while Bad Teacher still has eight left in the can.

1. Boooo…FWBL was actually a decent comedy.

2. I want CBS to uncancel Intelligence.

3. jfrizzle says:

LAME! FWBL was so good!! I think cancelling it was a Huge mistake… and now we don’t even get to enjoy the little bit we had left! BOOOO

4. Wow not even to burn it off? That sucks :(

5. tp says:

FWBL was actually funny. Why not show the remaining episodes?! This sucks.

6. Billy says:

Regardless of how the minority feels about not being able to see the end of their cancelled shows, it makes sense by CBS. Why spend time airing shows with no upside when they can do more reruns of shows they feel has a future and try to get them a bigger audience. While I’m sure there are people who liked one or more of the cancelled shows, the fact is there just weren’t ENOUGH people who liked them.

7. Evan says:

CBS sucks. FWBL had so much potential. Hope those rumors that it’s being shopped around are true.

8. Eric says:

I don’t understand why they just wouldn’t burn the remaining episodes off, especially considering that Friends with Better Lives only had 4 episodes remaining. I mean, I haven’t enough to truly get invested. So it doesn’t bother me. Oh well, though.

9. Sierrah says:

forever upset that intelligence was cancelled. that show had a lot of potential if it was only given the chance. i guess csi: cyber was chosen over intelligence. well, i think that they should have kept intelligence and cancelled csi: cyber. sometimes viewers want something different, which intelligence would’ve provided. i loved intelligence. great cast, great acting, great cases….

• Alan says:

Intelligence was cancelled because it was one of the lowest rated shows on the network. It had nothing to do with CSI: Cyber or any other specific show. Networks always have to cancel a few shows to make room for new stuff to come along and when you are a low rated show you get axed. End of story.

• Dona says:

I agree….what’s up with CBS…they are making bad choices lately. “thumbs down”

10. Joey Padron says:

Sad about FWBL. Show was getting good with each episode. Hope show will find home at another network.

11. GuessWhat says:

Funny thing is — I actually started watching FWBL the last few weeks. I laughed enough. Some shows don’t even get a chance nowadays.

• Jenny says:

Agreed! I just started getting into #FWBL! Such a shame they aren’t showing the remaining episodes! Bad decision CBS.

12. M Sinclair says:

FWBL is a hilarious show, please let it find a new home!!!

13. jenn says:

*sigh* they always do this with show I end up liking…

14. MoshiMoshi says:

Really CBS???? first you cancel them, now you take them out for reruns??? wtf?!!!

15. Valgalpalgal says:

The cancellation of The Crazy Ones really made me sad. FWBL was really a great show too. Especially bummed for the Beek after apt 23 was so funny and cancelled too…

16. Diz says:

I don’t know why they wouldn’t just air the last four episodes within 2 weeks by airing 2 back to back for 2 weeks. Anyone know what happened to the Growing up Fisher last couple of episodes. My DVR had them scheduled and then I looked and it never recorded them?

• Carla Krae says:

They’re supposed to air tonight (Wed.) except NBC now has the World Music Awards there. I think they’ll end up on NBC’s website, but who knows if they’ll ever air the final 2 Growing Up Fisher eps.

17. OooWee says:

Zoe Lister-Jones (from FWBL) is great. She deserves to be on a show that doesn’t get cancelled.

• ChrisGa says:

Zoe Lister-Jones is a comedic goddess, definitely one of the great finds of this TV season. Hope to see her soon in something else.

18. A.D. says:

Friends with Better Lives is so funny! This is a shame…I hope another network picks it up! Much funnier than Miller’s…Mom…and the atrocity of The McCarthy show they ordered!

19. lori says:

That sucks hostages and crisis and intelligence were awesome!!!! Growing up fisher and the crazy ones…and FWBL was great too. They always cancel the good ones and leave you wondering what would’ve happenes. So upset!!!!

20. John Jacob says:

FWBL’s first 2 episodes were “meh” but it really picked up steam the last couple episodes. I actually found myself wanting to watch more of it. The cast started coming together in the last few. They cancelled it too soon.

21. good job i did not start watching these shows.

22. DaneTheGr8 says:

What is the point of pulling these shows of the air? It’s original programming which is needed. No one needs two episodes of Mom a week (repeats as well), I’d rather have them burn off the new episodes. May sweeps is done, this will not affect their ratings. Stupid move CBS!

• Alan says:

Probably to try and get more eyes on Mom…a show that isn’t canceled and still has a chance to grow. Also, sweeps may be over but the ratings numbers still affect their ad money.

• Diane says:

FWBL had better ratings than any of their reruns, I get that the show was cancelled (and I’m way more upset about The Crazy Ones being cancelled) but it’s summer and Monday night is 100% reruns. What’s the harm in showing the last 4 episodes

23. Mari says:

Mom is awful.
    Alison is fantastic, but the material is just not there.
    How is that still on the air while FWBL and The crazy ones are not?
    I’ll never understand thos networks.

24. Robby Horine says:

CBS will end up burning these off on Saturday nights in august.

25. erin says:

But I need more Ari Graynor! Bad Teacher was really funny :(

26. Lori D says:

I really like FWBL…this happens every year. You just get into a show and it’s cancelled :(

27. lisam says:

Im so mad they canceled FWBL. Its actually a lot better then most of the stuff on tv.

28. James says:

FWBL deserves a chance on another network… I thought it was well written and the actors were perfect for their parts… CBS never gave it a shot…

29. tv2day says:

Just from the commercials u knew bad teacher was DOA.

30. sladewilson says:

FWBL was improving with each show. They should’ve at least let them burn off their remaining shows. CBS being CBS. Both FWBL and The Crazy Ones should’ve gotten a reprieve…

31. CoryRox says:

I only saw one episode of Bad Teacher, and I can’t believe CBS even thought it was good enough to bring to the air.

32. Bill says:

FWBL was improving week to week. I really hate how Networks don’t give shows, especially comedies time to develop. Go back and watch the Friends pliot. I am really disappointed in CBS for FWBL and the Crazy ones. Those were two good shows but the keep crap like Mom adn Mike Molly on!

• Jenny says:

Agreed!!! Well said Bill!!!

• citizen48 says:

I agree, but wasn’t really taken With The Crazy Ones. I Love Robin Williams And All, But Seems He Can Only Play ONE Character — Over And Over Again! Sick Of The Character AND IN A LA PRACTICE!? Lets Get Real.

33. Tracy Maddux says:

I didn’t care for FWBL when it first started but it has grown on me. I want to know what idiot thought bad teacher was a good idea.

34. Elyse says:

that stinks! FWBL was hilarious. i get why people didn’t stick around… the first episode was meh… but it got so funny after that!!

35. Magically Suspicious says:

FWBL is one of the funnier comedies that I’ve seen in a while. I’ve almost decided across the board not to bother with new network shows unless they cause Scandal or Black List type reactions. Cable networks like FX, AMC, etc are putting out much better shows and they have a much more reasonable cancellation system. In five years, all we will see from networks are ‘event series’ because cancellation after one season will be an automatic assumption.

36. I agree that FWBL shouldn’t be cancelled. It is one of the funniest adult comedies on TV. My husband and I are both over 49 and just love this show. The networks should remember that other age groups are watching TV too. CBS should do like “Friends” when it first aired and had low ratings. The network decided to give it a chance. Once people started watching it, talking about it, it started going up in ratings and became a hit.

37. yurie says:

Only good thing about FWBL was James Van Der Beek and Kevin Connolly. But only 2/6 good actors aren’t enough to save a show.

38. bishop1234 says:

FWBL was a great show, and others agreed, as evident by the other posts here. I truly hope that another network sees what we all did in the show and picks it up.

39. ann says:

FWBL was extremely funny who is making these decisions maybe they should look at moms that’s sorta boring, they always get rid of the good ones

40. Diane says:

Darn. I thought FWBL was getting better and better, I hope the last 4 episodes wind up on line someplace

41. chrisabeth says:

This is disappointing FWBL was actually entertaining, The Milers not so much.

42. Sam says:

What a shame, since it doesn’t take much to entertain today’s viewers. It’s the same cookie cutter crap season after season. Viewers today are either too lazy or uneducated (or both) to think past the last laugh track. No wonder why there are so many brain dead amongst us.

43. Jamie says:

FWBL is the funniest sitcom I’ve seen in years. I was totally won over by episode 4. LMAO every week!

44. Ram510 says:

But why? They could at least let FWBL finish up, it’s only 4 more episodes. The show has gotten better these past few episodes. I hope the cast find new shows soon, especially James Van der Beek he’s hilarious

45. chadcronin says:

I am so mad. I watched both but seriously why on earth would they pull Friends With Better Lives. It’s extremely funny and I really looked forward to it each week. First I have to be mad it was canceled then they want to take away what’s left. Boo. This is making me reconsider trying some of their new shows. I agree with the other comment that this is funnier than Mom. I enjoy that show too but not as much. I really feel like comedies are being pushed out for dramas and with so many of them ending next year I feel like I will need to watch old episodes of Friends and That 70’s Shows to get my fix

46. Lois davison says:

Friends with better lives is so funny it should win a grammy how can you cancell such a good program its 10 million times better than 2 & half men this is a crazy world think again about getting rid of the funniest show on tv lois

47. Tim says:

Why on Earth does CBS hate FWBL so much? There has to be a reason. Monday’s episode scored a 1.4 in the demo, not only improving on its lead-in, but also CBS’s highest rated program of the night.

Unreal.

48. Rachel says:

boo! I actually really like friends with better lives.

49. joncuriel says:

Why I mean, why??? FWBL wasn’t perfect but cancelling it is going too far IMO

50. Tommy says:

I want FWBL! I want FWBL! I want FWBL!