TVLine Items: Supernatural Ups Mark Sheppard, Smash Alum on Sex, Bieber's Dance Gig & More

Mark Sheppard Supernatural Series RegularThe King of Hell is about to become a mainstay on Supernatural.

The CW series has promoted Mark Sheppard, who plays the demon Crowley, to a series regular for Season 10, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | The CW Fall Schedule Revealed: Flash Paired With Supernatural, The Originals on the Move

The ubiquitous actor first appeared on the show in Season 5 as the King of the Crossroads. With Dean having turned into a demon in the Season 9 finale, he’s surely going to need Crowley’s guidance.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Christian Borle (Smash) will recur on Season 2 of Showtime’s Masters of Sex. The actor will play William Masters’ brother, Frank.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

* Lifetime has greenlit the original movie tentatively titled Whitney Houston, helmed by Angela Bassett (American Horror Story: Coven) in her directorial debut. The tale of the pop star’s journey is expected to premiere in 2015.

* ‘Tween dream/tabloid fodder Justin Bieber and his choreographer, Nick DeMoura, will appear on So You Think You Can Dance this season to introduce dance crews that will vie for a spot on the season finale. SYTYCD returns with a two-hour season premiere this Wednesday at 8/7c on Fox.

* DisneyXD has renewed its live-action superhero comedy series Mighty Med for a second season, which will debut this fall.

1. Katie_Mead says:

Well Hallefrickinlujah, it’s about time Mark Sheppard was a “regular” on something!

2. alistaircrane says:

I can get behind this! I just hope Crowley doesn’t get watered down.

3. Lauren says:

How dare they taint STUFF with Beiber. Thankfully, I’ll be DVRing the show so I can fast forward his screen time.

4. CBWBDK1 says:

Fantastic news about mark sheppard!! Crowley should be in every episode!!

5. Oh yuck! SYTYCD is getting desperate. I’m not watching Bieber.

6. Dj says:

Mark Sheppard being a series regular for Season 10 is the best news ever.

7. Deion says:

Yasssssss! Crowley has become nearly as essential as Castiel. But, lol, when is Sam going to get a friend?

8. elr says:

Great news about Mark Sheppard! Totally disgusting news about Bieber!

9. Elizabeth says:

While Bieber won’t keep me from enjoying my favorite summer show, there are already hundreds of comments on the SYTYCD Facebook page about this and they are ALL variations on “I won’t watch with him on the show.” Why in the world did they think this was a good idea?

• Shannon says:

Thank god! I’m going to have to go over there and post something too. The only way Nigel ever listens to the fans is through social media. This is the worst idea ever and I can’t even believe they decided that this year was the year to bring him on! He is hated by so many people and after all the stuff he has done this year I can’t even believe they thought this was a good idea! I’m annoyed! SYTYCD is my favorite summer show! Don’t ruin it with Beiber!!!

10. Annie says:

LOVE Sheppard. Anything that puts him on my screen more often is a very good thing indeed.

11. Nate says:

Sausage fest! !!!!

12. Dee says:

Yay Mark! Finally there is a character we actually like coming back on a regular basis.

13. I’ve been waiting for that Mark Sheppard announcement all week. It only makes sense.

14. rowan77 says:

I’m thrilled Mark Sheppard is finally a regular! I can’t wait until season 10 starts.

15. Alan says:

i guess this means that the dean as a demon thing will be lasting a decent amount of time, this should be interesting.
    on a side note its about damn time someone gave sheppard a regular gig, he is easily one of the best actors working in tv today and that he hasnt had a regular job before now is crazy.

• Guest says:

He was a regular on the syndicated action show “Soldier of Fortune, Inc.”, but that was almost 20 years ago.

16. angel says:

I am thrilled Crowley will be sticking around! At least that’s something to look forward to next year.

17. kate says:

I’m thrilled. I love Crowley. But Dean better not be a demon too long. I can’t deal.

18. Kristina says:

Yaaaayyyy more Mark Sheppard on my TV!!

19. arial2 says:

About time! Any show lucky enough to land Mark Sheppard should immediately make him a regular. He’s such a wonderful actor.

20. amy says:

I like Mark and Crowley, but I’m not entirely thrilled with this because this means Dean’s going to be a demon for a while and I don’t want that.

21. Ella says:

I’m still pissed at Crowley for what he did to Sarah but I love Mark Sheppard so very happy for him. I do hope it isn’t all Dean/Crowley in season 10 though, I have seriously missed the Dean/Cas interactions in season 9!