Exclusive

Girls Exclusive: Community's Gillian Jacobs Nabs Recurring Role In Season 4

Gillian Jacobs GirlsOne of Greendale’s finest is transferring to the Big Apple.

RELATED | TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Girls, Grimm and More

Gillian Jacobs will recur in the upcoming fourth season of Girls, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Fresh off the cancellation of Community, the former Britta Perry will play Mimi-Rose Howard, making her first appearance in Episode 5 — which is curiously titled “Mimi-Rose.”

An HBO rep would only confirm that Jacobs will appear in Season 4, which premieres in early 2015.

Girls fans, how do you see Jacobs fitting into Hannah’s world, and with whom do you hope she’ll interact? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. SJ says:

I’m cracking up just thinking how Britta would react to this :D

2. alistaircrane says:

But what about Community getting picked up online or cable for Season 6???

• Patrick says:

Its probably not going to happen. Harmon isn’t pushing very hard for it. Allison Brie and the guy who play Chang, and the Dean, all three have tons of other projects. And Joel McHale might be the front runner to take over for Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show.

So they seem to have moved on. We have too as well.

Bonus though. Nude Gillian Jacobs? Please god. Because she is gorgeous. And I know that is horrible of me, but there is a tiny reptilian part of my tiny male brain that immediately went there.

• alistaircrane says:

Excuse me??? Don’t tell me what to do! Sony wants another season, and so do the fans! I am praying it will happen!

• Ted says:

Wow, way to react in the craziest way possible.

• alistaircrane says:

Excuse me, Ted, but unlike some people, I am an optimist. I have not given up on the show like Patrick. Until the cast’s contracts with Sony expire, there is still hope.

• Brooke says:

alistaircrane tends to do that.

• Patrick says:

And I am a realist. Of course Sony wants another season. They make money off of the show. Someone needs to be willing to pay for it. And, as Sony trolls for buyers, it would probably help if the creator and head writer, aka Harmon, were more active. He basically said that if Sony did all the work to save the show, he would show up to work.

And the rest of the cast is in demand. Sure they do other stuff besides community. That just proves that if Community goes away, something else will fill that void in their schedules.

No one outside of Harmon is pushing. The cast isn’t using social media, or sites like this one, to whip the fans up or organize a “save the show” campaign.

I love Community as much as most people. But, at some point, you have to start distancing yourself emotionally. I learned that from Firefly.

• Sara says:

Wow! Patrick gave an opposite view without attacking you

• E.J. Acosta says:

First of all Harmon isn’t the one in charge of shopping it around and if it happens I’m sure he’ll come back just as he did with season 5. Alison Brie, Ken Zeong, and Jim Rash have always worked on multiple projects, even during ‘Community’. Joel Mchale stated he hasn’t been approached about the Late Late Show that that picture was taken at a party, & it doesn’t really make sense considering how he’s getting more cinematic roles now. Gillian’s playing a recurring character, Alison’s done that for years on Mad Men and still managed to find time while working on films as well. And seriously, that’s where your mind goes. Gillian’s already been nude on film but that is the least of my concerns. Also, the act of working in order to make a living does not necessarily signify moving on.

3. Et al. says:

She deserves so much better than this :(

4. PoppaDoc says:

Patrick, you do know that she has already been nude in a movie before right? She has a nude scene in the movie Choke. Go check it out!

5. elaS says:

Well she cant really Britta it.

6. Joey Padron says:

Glad Gillian will be back on tv. She’s a good actress.

7. Ram510 says:

I don’t like this show at all but I think this is great casting.

8. erin says:

Even Gillian couldn’t make me watch this show again. Hopefully she’ll get some more roles in great shows! Or just be a Hollywood Game Night regular – she was awesome!

9. DrJules says:

I think it’s the PERFECT show and an exciting role for the beloved Gillian, and I’m thrilled we get to keep seeing her very talented self on a great television show (although of course no show will ever hold a candle to Community)! Way to go, Brittles! I’m
    rooting for you! Team Britta! (vs Team Slater – duh)

10. Jack says:

This comment thread is gold! Love more Gillian anyway any day! Patrick, bless you and your honesty lol
    I’ve learned to protect my heart as well even hardened from cancellations like Firefly and Farscape, Community stung and I’d love to see it continue but also don’t mind watching the talented cast in other projects if that’s the case. I’m so curious how close to the Harmon ‘feminist’ version of Britta we’ll see…

11. Britta Unfiltered says:

This is really good news. She’ll be great on that show. I wasn’t crazy about season three of Girls, but this makes me excited for season four.

12. Chuck Finley says:

Poor girl, reduced to acting on this sad excuse for a television show. I feel for her.

13. Bob Smith says:

Naked Britta???

14. LOL says:

Ugh, great actor, terrible show. Pass.