Blacklist Tech Promoted to Series Regular

The Blacklist Season 2 CastingThe Blacklist is upgrading its resident computer specialist for Season 2.

RELATED | The Blacklist Finale Recap: Major Burns

Amir Arison, who recurred in 18 Season 1 episodes as FBI techie Aram Mojtabai, has been promoted to series regular for the NBC drama’s second season, our sister site Deadline reports.

Though The Blacklist‘s May 12 finale was a veritable bloodbath — triggering at least one major death — Amir’s character will be heading into Season 2 unscathed. (We’ll see how long that lasts.)

1. Olivia says:

More Aram? Works for me :)

2. ninamags says:

Fantastic! Love his character.

3. jenna says:

very happy about this! He’s the only member of the FBI team that I actually like

• rflairfan1 says:

Cooper grew on me towards the end. Now if they can just make Megan a recurring character we would be all set.

• joe says:

My problem with the actor who plays cooper is that he just doesn’t have an authoritative persona. He doesn’t have that gravitas or grounding presence on the show compared to someone like lance reddick (the cowboy) who i LOVED on fringe or scene stealer alan alda. Kind of the same issue I have with the actor who plays ressler, to me they are both very un-charasmatic on screen

• jj says:

agreed with both cooper and ressler, both actors are forgettable and could easily be replaced

• rflairfan1 says:

Ressler is a horrible actor. But I can see what you are saying about Cooper. Reddick and Alda are beyond amazing. You would think that the actors who work with Spader at some point would be better. But so far no they are not. LOL.

4. kate says:

That’s good he is my favorite (it probably helps that he is the only one who talks to Liz like an actual human being but of course we also got to know him in Liz’s first reveal that she actually is a badass).

5. bj says:

I like his character too. Don’t mind having more of him at all.

6. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Cool news, really enjoy his character on the show!

7. Nate says:

Love him. I miss Meera tho!

8. Ali says:

I like his character on the show. It was sad how under-used Parminder Nagra was. They also aren’t using Diego Klattenhoff enough. He’s a great actor and a good looking guy. I want to see more of him. He adds a cool-factor to the show and it would be fun to see Aram interact more with Ressler.

• Katherine215 says:

Completely agree. I like Ressler a lot, and I hope the show develops him and the other supporting characters more in season 2. They’ve all been underused. I hope there’s another woman on the team to replace Meera, though I’m really bummed they killed her, as I, too, like the actress.

• Cas says:

I was just starting to like her and then they killed her. I actually love Ressler though. I like this guy too though so that’s good news.

9. Joey Padron says:

Glad he got promoted to series regular. He’s been great on show.

10. Hodan says:

Great news!

11. liz says:

awesome!! Looking forward to getting more backstory for him and having him more involved.

12. He is Liz’s Father ? Hehe

13. Man, this just reminds me how lame Meera’s death was… I get why they could afford to kill her, given her character really wasn’t as important as you’d think, but was just so borderline random. It’s like a show that really isn’t realistic in the slightest (not that there’s anything wrong with that, just not a word I’d use to describe The Blacklist) decided to do something incredibly realistic to make up for it when it really didn’t need to.

14. Alan says:

well this had to happen, he was practically a series regular in season 1 anyway.

15. Rusty says:

Great idea! Now if they could get Megan acting lessons………

• jj says:

agreed! She has a better wig (still don’t understand why a wig was even necessary) now if they could just get her to emote! Or at least have some sort of facial movement north of her nostrils…

16. TD says:

I enjoy much about “The Blacklist,” but one thing I find both amusing and annoying–and usually Aram is involved–is how the crew figures out complicated plots and clues in about ten seconds (usually involving Aram hitting five keys on his computer to hack into a database or something). It reminds me of the old “Batman” TV show when Batman and Robin would make random logical connections that would lead them to the correct conclusion within seconds. Based on a recent Saturday Night Live skit, I guess “Scandal” does much the same thing? (I don’t watch that show.) And, yes, Meera’s death seemed pretty random and did not especially move the plot forward.

17. J says:

Great actor, and a great guy, too! Incredibly happy for his success.

18. unbudgeably says:

Hi to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more
    from this web site, and your views are nice in favor of new
    users.

19. I almost never write responses, but i did some searching and wound up here The Blacklist Season 2 Casting – Amir Arison Series Regular | TVLine.
    And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.
    Is it simply me or does it look like some of these comments look like written by brain dead visitors?

:-P And, if you are writing on other online sites, I’d like
    to follow anything fresh you have to post.
    Could you make a list of all of all your social sites like your
    Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

20. anup says:

The Blacklist season 2 —> 22/Sep/14 Season 2, Episode 1

21. anup says:

The Blacklist season 2 —-> 22/Sep/14 Season 2, Episode 1

22. Tran says:

Amir Arison’s character on The Blacklist is truly a “fan favorite”.

23. Pamela Noyes says:

This can’t be the final season!

24. Jean Alica says:

I am currently watching reruns of the Blacklist and am really looking forward to the shows return. I always liked Aram so it will be great to see more of him. I would like to wish everyone on my favorite show lots of luck on the forth coming Emmys.

25. Holly N. Knowles says:

He is good but Megan Boone is amazing. She is a star in every respect & makes the show the reason to keep watching!! So looking forward to the next season. Just can’t get here soon enough. Thank you for an outstanding show to look forward too!