Nashville Staying Put in Nashville; Tax Incentives Keep Show from Moving to Texas or Georgia

Nashville Season 2 RecapNashville and its namesake Tennessee city will continue to make beautiful music together, now that a deal has been reached to keep the ABC drama from relocating production for Season 3 to Texas or Georgia.

RELATED | Nashville Season 2 Finale Recap: Ball and Chain?

As reported by the Tennessean, Nashville this season will receive a combined $8 million tax incentive package from the state of Tennessee, Metro Nashville, the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp. and Ryman Hospitality Properties.

That’s down from the $13.25 million dollar package the series was able to command for Season 2, so… maybe there’ll be fewer Swarovski crystals on Juliette’s bustiers moving forward. These things happen.

RELATED | Nashville Renewed For Season 3 at ABC

Having Nashville hang its Stetson in Nashville “has been an overwhelmingly good thing for the city,” Mayor Karl Dean said of the deal. “We have a strong tourism economy and a strong convention economy, but this just adds to it in a way we would never be able to do on our own.”

One interesting, none-too-small factor in negotiations is the fact that Nashville is broadcast in more than 50 countries, resulting in an increase in tourists who come from farther away and thus tend to stay longer and spend more.

1. rod says:

This is sotrue, im from Mexico and thanks to the show ill be going to Nashville on vacations this summer,thou Mexico is not really that far i cant wait to see the Blue Bird Cafe.

2. e says:

if it was such a benefit to the city, why the huge drop from 13.25 to 8 million?

3. Drew says:

Moving Nashville out of Nashville would be like moving Dallas out of Dallas. You kinda can’t do it.

I have to say that I love seeing shows filming in places other than LA or Vancouver lately. I have gotten kinda sick of seeing the same ten locations and the same backlots on every single show. We have a beautiful country, and I’m glad to see more of it being explored.

4. Brandy says:

Yay!Nashville wouldn’t be Nashville filming in Texsas.

5. Jon148 says:

Actually I thought I heard the new Dallas is actually filmed in LA

6. Saabgirlatx says:

Great news! Even tho I would have loved peeking in on the filming if it was in Texas, the show belongs in Nashville!

7. Walter Freeman says:

Tax incentives for the television and movie industries are such a freakin’ scam. Production companies nickel and dime every local and state government, and play them all against one another, in such a shameless way. I guess that’s their right as free and independent corporations, but still. You think maybe just maybe there’d be a tiny bit of “generous good citizenship” in their bones given their political tendencies and the massive amounts of money involved.

8. Susan says:

I believe the original Dallas was filmed in LA and the new is in Dallas

• Linda says:

The original Dallas was actually filmed in Dallas, TX. And there really is a Southfork Ranch it was filmed on.

9. Donna Lawson says:

I agree!!! It should stay in NASHVILLE!!!! I’m so glad they’re not cancelling it, usually when I like something it gets cancelled!!! BUT NOT THIS TIME YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!