Hart of Dixie Finale Recap: 'We Love Love!'

Hart of Dixie Season 3 RecapWedding fever hit Hart of Dixie on Friday’s season finale as the town attempted to throw three nuptials in one weekend.

After all, in the ‘burbs of Bluebell, “We love love!” declares Lavon.

But did all the romance bring Zoe and Wade – who only has two days before his big move to Atlanta – back together?Did George and Lemon rekindle their relationship? And did Annabeth accept Davis’ proposal? Or does her heart belong to Lavon?

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Let’s review the major couple developments (and say thanks for the show’s renewal):

ZOE AND WADE | The cute doc develops a serious case of hiccups as she pretends to be happy for Wade about his new gig. It’s actually Lemon who gets Zoe to accept the truth. She confronts her about the real reason she returned to Bluebell. “You realized you belong here? Or you realized you belong with him?” she asks. Zoe keeps denying her feelings until the hiccups gets so bad that she finally blurts out, “Fine! I love Wade!” just as her ex Joel walks in. But surprisingly, he’s not here to cause complications — he’s dating a comedy writer — and he actually encourages her to tell Wade how she feels about him. So at Meatball and Lily Anne’s wedding, Zoe gets up in front of everyone to congratulate Wade on his new job. “We’re going to miss him so much because…we love him. No, not we,” she says. He had the guts to tell her he loved her, “So today, I’m telling you, I love you,” she continues. But Wade doesn’t reciprocate and just walks out. What?! The next day, he’s still planning to move. Double what?!

“We tried to make this work. We tried for a long time, and it didn’t,” he tells her. But Zoe’s not taking no for an answer. After Wade turns down the job because office life is not for him and shows up at Sylvie and Brando’s wedding, the two share a dance. Emboldened by Sylvie and Brando’s second chance at love, Zoe knows Wade is wrong about the two of them not having a future. “And I’m going to prove it,” she promises him. “As long as it takes. I’m not giving up.” And the looks on Wade’s smiling face as she walks away says it all.

RELATED | The CW Fall Schedule Revealed: Flash Paired With Supernatural, The Originals on the Move

GEORGE AND LEMON | With Fancie’s in shambles, the two decide to call it quits on their business partnership. George buries himself in a Don Todd adventure, while Lemon goes to her grandmother for money. She’ll get the cash if she agrees to go on that belles and bachelors cruise. After some reluctance, she agrees to the trip. “I’m going to find a new beginning. Or an iceberg. Whatever comes first,” she tells Zoe. Meanwhile, George has an epiphany about the one who drives him crazy and rushes to the ship to confess his love to Lemon, but the doors are already closed and a bachelor is already eying Lemon. Oh, and Lavon also went to the port to spill his feelings to Lemon!

ANNABETH AND DAVIS | By now, you’ve probably guessed that this recap doesn’t end with Lavon and Annabeth back together, but the story isn’t over for the belle. Annabeth takes some time before responding to Davis’ proposal. In the meantime, he confesses his secret to her: He owns a lot of the same pair of sneakers. Like a lot. OK… Not a dealbreaker, Annabeth, right? Not right away, but eventually, she makes a confession of her own to Davis: “I’ve been the rebound person. Which is why I know you deserve more than to settle for someone who’s still in love with someone else.” Oh boy, this is going to get messy.

Hart of Dixie Seasn 3 RecapBLUEBELL’S OTHER COUPLES | About those weddings: Only two out of three actually make it past the vows. Lily Anne and Meatball break up mid-nuptials when they realize they don’t know each other. Meanwhile, Cricket — not Stanley! — declares that she’s gay as their vow renewal ceremony starts. (Lemon’s priceless response is to the right.) At least Brando and Sylvie actually got hitched. Also, Tom and Wanda are expecting an alpaca a baby!

Hart of Dixie fans, what did you think of Zoe’s promise to Wade? How do you feel about a George/Lemon/Lavon love triangle? And poor Annabeth, right? Hit the comments with your thought and grade the season ender below!

1. livvy says:

I loved it! While I was disappointed that Wade and Zoe did not reunite, it’s clear where they are headed.

2. Elyse says:

Zade <3

3. Ashley says:

While I’m super happy for Zoe and Wade, my favorite couple, are heading towards their reconciliation (and we have the season 4 renewal already to not fret over), I’m so mad that Lavon went to Lemon instead of Annabeth.

• The most irritating part of the episode was finding Lavon at the dock. The most adorable couple on the show has been Lavon and Annabeth. I’m at least reconciled with a bright future for Zoe and Wade.

• Bella says:

I must admit I was surprised by Lavon. Love Wade/Zoe. Can’t wait for the new season.

• wingsstef says:

I like Lavon and Annabeth, but like Annabeth said, she was the rebound, but there is still hope. Keep in mind what happened with Don’s ex. Lavon needs to deal with his feelings with Lemon one way or another. I am actually intrigued with the Lavon and George rivalry heating up again. Lemon and George though have lots of history. Lemon’s time on the boat will probably help her but maybe not the way her Grandmother hopes. However, yes, poor Annabeth. Maybe she will get back with Lavon or maybe she will find someone who loves her. It’s a long wait until Midseason, yet it’s going to be good.

• Rob says:

I don’t know… Lavon and Lemon had, arguably the most passionate love affair on the show. That scene with them in the rain… magic.

• Naazneen says:

^this so much. I’ve been patiently waiting for them to revisit Lemon and Lavon ever since that scene. I do believe they belong together. Lemon and George didnt ever quite fit.

4. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Totally thought Lavon was going to go to AB. Good for the show. My jaw fell open when I realized George and Lavon had both gone to the boat launch.

5. Tracy says:

Loved it! Over the moon with the final Zoe and Wade scenes. Even liked Joel tonight, especially with Anna Beth. She deserves to find happiness.

• B says:

Joel and AB! Perfect!

I love Joel as a character, just not with Zoe. So I loved what they did with having him be a friend to both Zoe and Wade.

• Mo says:

Agreed. Joel’s friendship with Wade is the reason I was glad he was sticking around through so much of this season even when it was obvious that he & Zoe were never going to be endgame. And I never thought about Joel/AB before but that would be fun.

• The only thing I liked about Joel was his friendship with Wade. It’s still a nice aspect of both characters.

6. Ginger says:

The hope in Wade’s eyes at the end was full of win. He’s never the one who’s ‘wanted’ and fought for, and it’s a welcome change for him!
    But poor AB! She’s my favorite female on the show, and she can’t seem to have what her heart wants. Lavon showing up for Lemon shocked me. Will make for an interesting season next year. In the end, it’s all about Wade. Long as he gets whatever and whoever makes him happy, I’m happy.

• wingsstef says:

Yes. Wade’s smile was great. Yay Zoe & Wade. Ha Earl is going to be happy too. I remember early in the season when Earl said, “Really? Wade is going be crushed.” I believe Joel knew too even early on, because how annoyed Zoe was that Joel wanted to be friends with Wade. I had to laugh when Joel said, “Well that’s good to know.” Joel of course was also a rebound guy.

7. Awww says:

After the disaster that was The Vampire Diaries…ahem, the sucky Damon and Elena show…Hart of Dixie was such a nice surprise. There were some off things…like Joel back so quick, and dating, and so cheerleader for Zoe to admit her feelings for Wade. It just seems …too soon.

Although I wanted a kiss, a something…it was nice where things left off for Zoe and Wade. Wade is scared like crazy because he seriously messed things up but awwwwwwww….Zoe wants her man back and she’s going to fight for it. I love it!!!

I was so Lemon and George before finale and was loving their angst but I have to admit season 1 Lavon/Lemon had some great chemistry too. I don’t know what to think. I sort of want Lemon and George to go full steam but Lavon can’t go back to AB after this. That finale boat scene sort of sealed the deal on them. And to be honest, once Lemon was out of the equation for AB and Lavon it wasn’t much there. They became zzzzzz. They should go way left and have AB and Cricket lol. Poor George…he leaves one triangle and gets another. I hope this time he’s the endgame. But then it’s poor Lavon…again. Oy vey!!!!lol.

• Boiler says:

Joel was back for his Mom’s wedding

• wingsstef says:

Sylvie is his grandmother, but yes. That is why Joel was back in town. That scene was friendly catch up, and some closure. Joel said he was leaving again in two weeks and he has a girlfriend. Part of him must have always knew Zoe was still in love with her ex.

8. Carla Krae says:

Haven’t see it yet, and this recap doesn’t make me excited to. Yes, let’s force more Zoe/Wade when it was most clearly DONE. Meh. Barf. Lavon and George going for Lemon? At this point? Meh. Barf. Cricket is now a lesbian? Oy. Please. The writers much be out of ideas.

• Caro says:

The writers have done nothing but waste opportunities for this show; like Zoe and George, Lemon and Lavon, Tansy and Wade! Worst writers on prime time!

9. Mark says:

tonight just proved why this show should never have been renewed — come tomorrow it will be another 0.3 to 0.4 in the ratings if that – what a joke it once was a good show but not anymore

• Caro says:

So true, Mark! I loved the show in season one but now it’s not worth watching! I’ve been waiting for 3 seasons for Zoe and George to have a chance and instead the show gives us Joel who no one liked and Wade which has never made sense! You can’t build a relationship on sex and snarkiness but the women who love Wade don’t care or even think about that – they just like Wade’s abs which is truly pathetic! I’ve given up on the show and don’t care about 2015 unless they rethink Zoe and George which I doubt they’ll do! The CW should just cancel it already…

• Radha says:

Actually, I like Wade because he has FLAWS and is an interesting character. I don’t care for “Golden Boy” types of men. They usually get everything easier and are the dashing prince type. While that is good on Once Upon a Time and in Fairy Tales, I like my male characters to be edgy and have issues that eventually get worked out. So no, for me it’s not about Wade’s abs. Because honestly? We barely see his abs, so your argument is quite invalid.

The people who like Wade like him because he’s made mistakes, but at the heart of it, he’s a GOOD GUY who will help others when they need to be helped and will never take credit for it. Anyone remember when he made the gumbo to enter for Zoe in that contest back in season 1 and she never knew who had done it? Lavon knew and Wade didn’t want him to tell her.

And CONSTANTLY coming on here voicing how much Wade sucks doesn’t make it so just because you say it enough. For instance I won’t become rich just because I repeat it over and over again on a forum. You are entitled to your opinion, but it’s clear that you refuse to see anything good about Wade because you are determined to hate the character. If you can go 3 seasons and not see one good thing about Wade, then that’s your prerogative and your loss, in my opinion.

I love George and I also love Wade. I just don’t love George with Zoe. Two people who have no conflict whatsoever does not make for entertaining television. I think they mesh better as friends. If people can’t figure out that George is what Zoe THOUGHT she wanted, because she came to this small town with kind of snotty ideas in the beginning, and that she’s figured out that you love who you love despite statuses and who people THINK you belong with, then there is no hope for you. On paper she and George seem like a good idea. At the end of the day? They realized that the idea of them was just that: AN IDEA. Things can always sound good when you think about them and then life hits you and you realize you want something entirely different.

I always thought that if the show was stupid enough to push the George/Zoe pairing, that it would last 1 season at the most and then she’d realize she belongs with Wade. Wade and her challenge each other. George and Zoe do not. They could be content with each other, but they wouldn’t encourage each other to do things outside their own comfort zones. Notice how much more they have both lived when not being WITH each other? George has loosened up. He’s much more willing to take chances in his life. Take risks. Zoe has shelved her small town disdain and has embraced a new side of life. Keeping George and Zoe together, again, would have been sweet but in the end hugely boring because they simply do not challenge each other to be MORE than they already are. And, to me, a relationship should do that. Your partner should make you want to be MORE. To want to be a better person.

Zoe brought that out in Wade. Before Zoe arrived Wade would probably just have continued to be a man-whore and never realize his true potential. She made him want to be better. Now he’s running his own business. He’s monogamous. Yeah he cheated on Zoe and I hate cheating. But I also understood that he was terrified of screwing things up. And then he did what his go to reaction would be: He screwed things up. I was disappointed in him, but I didn’t hate him. Because to me, the characters who screw up and are not perfect are the BEST characters. I don’t want to watch someone who is perfect 100% of the time. And, I know you Wade haters refuse to see it, but Wade has brought out a better side of Zoe as well. She’s willing to let her walls down more, she’s willing to try new things outside her comfort zone. He’s shown her different ways to view the world. And sure, they have a passionate relationship as well. I’ve never seen that this was a bad thing to have. They don’t just sleep together and nothing else. Apparently we are watching two completely different shows.

• Emma says:

YES^^ so true Radha.

• Beth says:

Exactly! I think what the writers were trying to show us last night was Wade’s fear of hurting Zoe again but Zoe saying she is all in and willing to go for it. Plus their relationship started out with just sex because he was too afraid to tell her his true feelings but at the end of last season he could. I love them together because love isn’t perfect it can be messy and he cracks her “I have to be perfect exterior” and she brings out his potential which is WAY more than having abs!

• Zade fan says:

So true!You’re absolutely right!Give us more Zoe and Wade!!!!!!Yay,can’t wait of season four!!!!!

• aliq says:

Jeez take a chill pill! All of that just because someone made a comment about a TV character you like. I think George and Zoey make more sense because from the very beginning of the show that’s where the writers were headed. Wade and Zoey together was a curve ball and changed the whole path of the show which I am not happy about. And some of us do prefer George over Wade.

• wingsstef says:

George and Zoe were set up in the beginning but so was Zoe and Wade. It’s just Zoe and Wade that turned out more popular. I like George, but he was taken at the time. Zoe started to go out with Wade. Who always had a sweet part for her, even early on in the series, aka making Gumbo for her without her asking. Also the heatwave episode, etc. I am not saying anything wrong with Zoe and George fans. George is a great guy. I hope he finds happiness by the end of the series as well.

• Jena says:

I totally agree. I love Zoe and Wade. However, the show has teased Zoe and george so many times it’s only fair for the viewers to get a dream sequence or SOMETHING that shows how they would be as a couple for a period of time. But then we are back to s1 with her love triangle problem. George needs to go back to his clean cut look!

• Erica says:

That’s so not true! I like Wade because he isn’t perfect, but he’s so much more than he’s letting on. Zoe and Wade did make sense as a couple to me, much more than George and Zoe ever did. Their relationship would be so… boring. Zoe and Wade are different, but I think that’s part of their charm as a couple. You don’t have to agree on everything or share exactly the same interests. Instead they challenge each other and they become better people for it. Their relationship isn’t perfect, but that’s what I think is so wonderful about it.
        And for the Lemon-George-Levon triangle I was kind of chocked. I didn’t expect Lavon to go there and I don’t think I like it either. I really liked George and Lemon this past episodes – they are different people now, perhaps more compatible.

• Boiler says:

If this is what should happen in the ratings they may as well shut down the whole network Mark. Otherwise I have to assume you don’t watch so what you say irrelevant

• Mark says:

Actually I did watch right up until the finale on Firday night and the only reason this show was renewed was because of syndication pure and simple. If you go purely by the ratings then lets take a look and compare shall we

Hart of Dixie

First season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.57 million total viewers.
        Second season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.36 million total viewers.
        Third season averages: 0.36 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 0.97 million total viewers.

Now lets look at some of the shows that where cancelled so Hart of Dixie could survive even thou its been tipped for cancellation every year. Here are some examples there are more…

The Secret Circle (2011/12)

First season averages: 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.83 million total viewers

The Tomorrow People (2013/14)

First season averages: 0.53 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.44 million total viewers

The numbers don’t lie what killed this programme was the loss of the Breeland sisters this season and the only persons story to actually move with any significance this season is AB the rest has just been same old same old and its become boring. These numbers are easy found on TV by the numbers. The 2 shows cancelled that I have mentioned had more potential than the last two seasons of Hart of Dixie — Season one was good it just lost the plot and as it can be clearly seen by the ratings and viewer loss a lot of people agree. I will give the first few episodes of next season ago but I’m not holding out much hope.

• Boiler says:

I know what you are saying but, first off, the show did better on Monday and perhaps will be back as I assume Jane the Virgin will flop. Second both Breeland sisters will be back assuming the actress playing Magnolia does not get another job. Certainly can’t balme CW for Jaime King being pregnant. That had to be tough to work around. Lastly, as to ratings, you are talking about but a couple CW shows.

• Look, there is something that people forget.
          Ratings matter so they can sell more advertising, that’s the truth.
          Hart of Dixie might have lo ratings in the wide demography but it has something that Secret Circle (which I actually loved) and Tomorrow People didn’t have: Another type of view. So they have the ability to attract a different kind of advertiser as well.
          This is romance/comedy/simple kind of show. It doesn’t attract the same type of view that Arrow/TVD/TP/SC would attract. The only real competitor for HoD spot was Carrie Diaries and a new pilot (like Jane, The virgin). I do think the writers expected to be the final season, which is why they resolved the main character history line and let the “cliffhanger” with Lemon, so, if the show was indeed cancelled the fans would have some kind of “closure”. And I do believe that the network was ready to end HoD too. The problem is, Carrie wasn’t doing s great as they hoped, and the new pilots didn’t have the same feel of HoD, so they picked Jane, so they could dump HoD (Tomorrow People after the Originals and Jane on Fridays would make perfect sense), BUT when the rumors about Jane begun, it had a really bad reaction on CW viewers, cause is an odd concept to believe in these times. Cw needed a Backup plan, cause if they had to cancel Jane early on, they would lost a segment of advertisers, so they kept HoD for final season, while they have time to pump Jane and/or find a better pilot.
          CW has too much supernatural/heroes kind of shows, who are really expensive, they need more simple shows, that can attract other kind of viewer and advertisers and is just cheap to produce.That’s the bottom line here.

10. Katherine215 says:

This episode was everything I love about Hart of Dixie. Wacky hijinks, Zoe and Wade, and the crazy twist with Lavon, George, and Lemon. I even liked Joel in this episode! I wouldn’t mind Lemon and Lavon if it means George is back with Tansy, but who does that leave AB with? I wish this show was back in fall!!!

11. essie20 says:

I think out of the group of finales I’ve seen this season Hart of Dixie was one of the better ones. It was a whole cast effort that didn’t put a nice, shiny bow on things but showed some movement. Zoe and Wade organically made sense. They didn’t jump right back into a relationship but it showed they really care about each other and Wade is so scared because he messed things up but Zoe wants to try again because loves the person Wade is and has become. The only huh moments were Cricket and Lavon lol.

12. Jessica says:

I wasn’t surprised by Lavon going to the boat (although I thought he might’ve made it in time while George wouldn’t). When AB was asking him if she was the one and stuff when they were together and he couldn’t say yes I knew they wouldn’t end up together, and didn’t think he was just gonna come to that conclusion in this episode. Even though they had a good relationship, she just isn’t the one for him.

13. Liz says:

I am so excited there’s still a chance for Lavon and Lemon! I loved them in season 1, but I understood that Lemon wasn’t ready to take such a big risk at that point. Now she’s truly grown up and I can see a bright future for those two, as long as George doesn’t get in the way :) I love George but he was much better with Tansy. I’d love it if they did AB/Joel because I really liked Joel and AB deserves someone who adores her. Hopefully Joel will be that person.

• Zade fan says:

Exactly!I mean I would love to see Joel/AB together because they have chemistry.Joel was kinda boring being with Zoe but Joel/ AB hmmm why not?could be fun to see.

14. I know this web page offers quality based content and extra stuff, is there any other web site
    which presents these kinds of things in quality?

15. David says:

I love Lemon and Lavon together and was so happy they didn’t go the predictable route with it.

16. Babybop says:

I knew Lavon was going to go after Lemon – which is painful for me as I never liked them as a couple and I can see they’re probably going to end up together. But it was all perfect when Wade smiled at the end…

• Delaine says:

I just don’t get it. What is it about Lemon that has so many men fall head over heels in love with her? She may be pretty, but she’s annoying, self-righteous and snooty among other things. I can honestly say I didn’t miss the character while the actress was on maternity leave. I loved Lavon and AB. I was invested in Lavon and AB. Now she’s out in the cold again and both Lavon and George are vying for Lemon? Makes zero sense to me. Hate it!

• Erica says:

I thought that Lemon was sooo annoying in season one. But after she had to be more than just someone’s girlfriend, I don’t know, something changed. Now she’s one of my favourite characters on the show. But I really didn’t like Lavon going after Lemon again – I just can’t picture their relationship working out.

17. LT says:

anyone know what that last song was, playing in the background when Wade & Zoe were dancing?

18. Joey Padron says:

Good finale. Glad Wade didn’t leave Bluebell & is staying. Good Zoe told him she loves him. Good to see Joel one more time & he and Zoe are friends. Surprised George and Lavon were both at cruise dock for Lemon.

19. I hate the triangle between George, Lemon and Lavon, but LOVE how Zoe and Wade’s future is shaping up!!

20. Rebecca says:

Lavon being at the dock for Lemon was the only redeeming part of this episode. I think Davis could have been good for AB but it was too rushed and then the sneakers things was just weird.

• Mary says:

I’m still on the fence about Lavon being at the dock for Lemon. I guess in one sense, it could be be what Don Todd was going through with his ex and this would allow Lavon to move on. But I thought Lavon had already dealt with his feelings for Lemon! I’m so confused.

Definitely agree about Davis – the whole thing with sneakers was just so rando.

21. Rach says:

I for one, loved just about everything about tonight episode! The only thing that was a little off was Cricket’s confession… Way out of left field and not believable at all! Why must every show do this? Other than that, I loved it and can’t wait for next season! BTW it wouldn’t have made sense for Lavon to run to Anna Beth rather than Lemon… It was obvious that when Lavon couldn’t reciprocate AB’s feelings, that is was because he still loved Lemon and I think she feels the same way!

• Tyra says:

It was rather obvious that Cricket said she was gay because her husband is gay and instead of humiliating him at the wedding, she chose to humiliate herself. In the end it got her out of that farce of a marriage

• DJR says:

I agree completely. There has been nothing to even remotely suggest that Cricket was gay. On the other hand, her husband has repeatedly been shown to be (at least somewhat) gay.

• Alice says:

I loved Cricket’s confession. I didn’t see it coming until right before it happened and then it seemed to make sense. Of course, Stanley is probably also gay- but outing someone else who isn’t ready to be out would be cruel. Maybe Cricket’s manic need to out-Belle all the Belles, her competitiveness, and her insecurity comes from the pressure of constantly hiding this about herself. It makes sense. I’m interested in seeing where it goes next year. Maybe Cricket can relax a little now that she’s no longer living a lie- she was a little grating.

• wingsstef says:

I’m curious too. Also yes, it’s possible that they are both gay. Unconsciously, or consciously they both knew this and that’s why they decided to marry. I was surprised too, I thought it would be the other way around. Still you are right, it does explain Cricket’s unrest. Next season will be fun.

22. Caro says:

Zoe belongs with George and since the show isn’t going to even them a chance I am not watching! I hate Zade and Lemon belongs with Lavon! S1 of HOD was great but now it’s the worst show on television – what a waste!

23. caliblue24 says:

They made the right call with Zoey and Wade, and George went to Lemon. I really thought Lavon went off to see Annabeth because in the episode where Annabeth starts to date someone new, Lavon got jealous.

24. Darkstar says:

Lavon can never go back to AB after what he did, George broke Lemon’s heart and Lemon broke Lavon’s heart and his feelings towards Lemon not like George.When george sees Lemon he hasn’t the same feelings as Lavon.

25. Ellen says:

I’m thought it was an ok finale, but it didn’t made me look forward to another season really. A Lavon/George/Lemon triangle. please not again, and I am not attracted to Wade and Zoe either. I don’t think they are such an exciting or entertaining couple any more. I like the idea of AB and Joel though. I really like Joel this episode. I thought Cricket only said to say she was gay because she didn’t want to stay married to Stanley. I also think she said to save him from having to say that he’s the one that’s gay. The Don Todd element in the finale was good and I enjoyed George.

26. Lauren says:

Wow so much negativity. I really liked it. I was really annoyed thinking that Lavon was running off to AB because I hated them and was overjoyed when they broke up. I was really really happy to see Lavon at the wharf. I’ll be interested to see the triangle next season. I’ve always wanted a Lavon/Lemon relationship but I was enjoying the George/Lemon this season too so I’m interested to see how it goes and who she actually wants.

27. Lisa says:

Unfortunate the writers decided a Zoey and George love story had no merit as I think that would have been the most interesting,frustrating,compelling and enduring story of all. Zoey and Wade can sizzle but in the end they have no place where they can to be equals and that is why their story is just a romance and not the romance

• RKB says:

I think the point is they’ve finally become equals now! They are both successful in their own right, are both satisfied with that success being just within the confines of this small town, and they’ve both had other serious relationships that did not end because of cheating. While their successes may be different (professional career path vs. the restaurant/bar Rammer Jammer career path) but they are both independently doing what they love and making money at it. They are both beloved by the town despite their flaws. Plus, now, after Zoe’s cousin and Joel, they’ve both seen what its like to be in relationships with other people, and in time I think Wade will realize that he deserves Zoe and is ready to be the man he should’ve been the first time for her. Their relationship may have failed before because they were on such unequal footing, but when you realize just how far Wade has come and just how much Zoe has changed from the surgery-fellowship driven girl we first met, maybe they’re finally on equal footing and can make this work.

• Radha says:

Thank You. Well said. The people who refuse to see just how far Wade has come completely baffles me. I get preferring one guy over the other, but they act like George has got everything completely together and he does not. And this is from a girl who also likes George. I just don’t understand the putting down of one character in order to prop another one up. It’s the same way I don’t understand when the networks have the whole Team so and so OR Team this guy instead. They encourage a lot of fandom wars that way. Why can’t people just like both Wade and George for different reasons?

28. Dave says:

I reckon next season they will go down the Ab/George path…unless they bring back Tansey

• Alice says:

I hope Tansy stays away. I LOVED her character, loved their relationship, but after she pretty coldly dismissed George, I wouldn’t trust her again. Poor George, I just don’t understand Lavon going back for Lemon now. But, I suppose I would rather it be a triangle around Lemon than Zoe. She needs to just focus on Wade. No more boyfriends for her.
      Poor AB- I have no idea what they shall do with her. She is one of the most consistently written considerate, reasonable, decent people on the show but she just cannot catch a break.

29. Hannah says:

I’m sorry but I have to say that I absolutely hated the way Zoey chose tot tell Wade about her feelings and I also hated the part where she practically shouted it out at the practice. I guess I just can’t stand this constant on/off between obviously everybody. Zoey/Joel – as a viewer I just feel a little like they were wasting my time since everybody seems to be interested in rekindling old romances. Hated that George wants Lemon back, the two of them just never did it for me, but I really did love to see Lavon at the end. I have been a fan of the Lavon/Lemon combaniation since day 1, I feel like Lemon never loved anybody else in such a sincere way and I have always wanted for those two to have a real relationship. I also didn’t like the AB/Davis storyline. Somehow I just hate the fact that it always seems to be one step forward and five steps back. Besides all of that – I didn’t like the wedding storylines (Meatball’s wedding was just so ridiculous) and I won’t be watching the next season.

30. essie20 says:

Hart of Dixie went up in ratings!!! Yay!!! I’m excited for next season but it sucks we have to wait until 2015. I like the pacing of Zoe and Wade. And for them they do the tiny things so well..like Wade extending his hand out to Zoe to dance, that grin Zoe did when Wade walked in the wedding…and despite Zoe looking like a human cupcake he thought she was the most adorable looking thing in sight. I love them!!!

31. Beth says:

I really liked that Wade did not stay just for Zoe, that way there will not be any animosity. The suit and tie was just not Wade! I want next season to open with them together!!! I don’t want the George/Lemon/Lavon triangle, not because I care who gets Lemon, it’s because it ruins the bromance that Lavon and George have built.

32. Jillian says:

While I was ecstatic about Wade and Zoe, I’m rather angry about Lavon going to Lemon. Lavon and AB were BY FAR the best couple on HoD throughout all the seasons. How can the writers do this to us?!

33. MF says:

After the beginning of this season was all over the place, the last few episodes were “Hart of Dixie” like I knew & loved it. And the finale was just the cherry on top.

I had a serious “WTF”-moment, when Lavon was at the ship & tried to reconcile with Lemon. I really really hoped he would find his way back to AB, who is my favorite character on the show & deserves some love in her life. After this turn of events I actually hope there will be a new man in her life, when the new season comes.

Other than that I loved this final hour of the season & am really looking forward to season 4. I hope that the writers will have the possibility in mind, that this might be the final season and thus are going to wrap up all open storylines.

34. John NYC says:

Happy ending. The sort of nice episode I expect HoD to deliver.

35. Anj says:

Would have voted for ‘awesome’ had it not been for the Lavon twist…I love AB and I feel like her character is being shafted by Lavon choosing Lemon. Everything else though was brilliant! Cricket coming out is one of the best surprises on tv on a long time for me, brilliantly done.

36. Mary says:

See this is the problem with this season – I’m only TWO episodes behind and Wade and Vivian is barely over, Lavon and AB are still going through their post breakup and you’re telling me that Lavon goes after Lemon?! WTH?! The first two seasons were SO much better than this season. I liked Joel fine enough but we all knew it wasn’t the endgame and they spent entirely too much time on these at best satellite characters! (I’m looking at you Linley) And now I’m finding out that after practically 20 eps, Lavon is back on Lemon? Are you freaking kidding me??!

• wingsstef says:

I don’t think Lavon ever got over Lemon. She is likely the reason he wouldn’t commit with Annabeth. You should watch the two episodes you are behind and catch up. Lots of little yet important have happened.

• Mary says:

I could see how Lavon probably didn’t get over Lemon but they have never even alluded to it in the slightest this entire season. This is what makes it hard to be invested in any of the newer relationships this season.

37. ElysianBlight says:

Am I the only person in the world who loved Joel?
    In the first episode it was weird because it felt like she was using him, jumping into a relationship so fast.. but all he did all season was prove how GOOD he was for her.

He adored her, they were intellectual equals, he was fun but also reasonable, did his best to ground her while at the same time really enjoying the quirky scheme-driven side of her.. loved her town, loved her friends. He had no dark brooding drama at all, just a confident, loyal guy who loved and completely trusted his girlfriend, and had a lot of fun doing so.
    He was the damn perfect boyfriend that everyone deserves.

• wingsstef says:

I liked Joel, but since Zoe wasn’t really over Wade, it wasn’t fair for all three of them.

• Mary says:

I gotta say that I definitely grew to love Joel. It was hard and not really fair to the character since it was so obvious that he wasn’t going to be part of the endgame. But I think it’s a real credit to the actor for making it work – his chemistry with Wade was really awesome and surprising. And he was basically the perfect boyfriend but just not for Zoe. I wonder if he’s going to be a recurring character next year since people are mentioning a possible spark with AB. That would be a kook!

• Carla Krae says:

I loved Joel, too. I thought he was great for Zoe. He liked her wacky side and like you said, was GOOD for her. That’s what a good partner should be. He moved away from everything he knew for her and joined the town, too. I’d LOVE to have a boyfriend like Joel.

38. waterfall says:

happy that lavon go after his first true love lemon she was always the one lavon love .
    will be great to see lavon and lemon in a Relatioship for one’s they have great chemistry .
    george can move on with AB our tansy joel will be great to with AB there is chemistry there .
    a wedding will happen for lavon and lemon will be perfect in the end off season 4 .
    and finally zoe and wade to will be special in the end off season 4 two wedding wonderful .

39. Nicole says:

The writing is laughable. Zoe and Wade spend most of the season in love with other people and now all of a sudden they’re back in love with each other?! They couldn’t have taken a FEW more episodes to build this up?! And yet Lavon and Wade, who have outstanding build up over seasons 1-3, don’t even get a chance. I reckon I’m done with this show.

40. E says:

One comment only: POOR AB!!!

41. R says:

Loved it! The Cricket thing really came out of nowhere for me. I don’t know if I was supposed to pick up on that earlier or what? Nice surprise. Poor Anabeth. Please tell me that they aren’t now going to try and put Annabeth and George together. That’ll be too cheesy. I find George very annoying. He doesn’t know what he wants. And…is he even a lawyer anymore?

42. b says:

Didn’t anybody get that Lavon went to Lemon to deal with his feelings so that he would be free to pursue AB? Maybe I just read into that but the golfer guy said he was relieved he finally had a conversation with his ex-wife so that he could finally move on…maybe just my wishful thinking?

• wingsstef says:

Well, it’s possible. Lavon needs to deal with his feelings either way. He can’t fully commit to AB if he still thinks he has a chance with Lemon. Though even if Lemon tells him once and for all that they are done, Lavon has to make sure he is done, because it wouldn’t be fair to Annabeth either. I don’t think they would had AB mention the rebound thing if the show wasn’t going to revisit Annabeth and Lavon again. It’s going to be a love battle web next season for sure. I wonder if Lemon brings anyone home from the SS Desperation.

• Erica says:

Oh I really hope that AB and Lavon revisit their relationship. And I’d rather see Lemon back with George than with Lavon.

• M.A. says:

I thought the same. I noticed that Lavon left right after Don Todd said he was happy that his ex said no so he could finally have closure and move on. George didn’t leave until Don Todd started talking about how he and his ex drove each other crazy but still loved each other. I think Lavon wants to be able to walk away from a relationship with Lemon with no regrets, while George wants to start a new relationship with her even though they drive each other crazy.

43. Liza says:

After a mediocre season, I really enjoyed the finale! Where was Brick though? I love all the townsfolk!!! The cast is getting huge, but I love all these quirky characters! While I originally wanted a George and Zoe pairing, I am glad that they are really good friends now. And I am super happy for Zoe and Wade. I hope next season is all about them being together. I never hated Joel, but that relationship seemed rushed. I don’t think he will be sticking around Blue Bell anymore though. I feel super bad for AB. She is one of my favorite characters and I Hope she finds true love.

44. waterfall says:

suit as a couple in season four ?
    AB and JOEL
    GEORGE and TANSY
    WADE and ZOE
    LAVON and LEMON
    PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Tisah says:

Zoe and wade belong together. Love them (: hope it works out.

46. Viru09 says:

It was really awesome however, i think Lavon and AB are meant to be together!!
    Geroge and Lemon make a better fit and she only actually cheated on him because she was not sure if he was returning to Blue Belle, he did not even tell her where their relationship stood!
    If i could change the finale, i would of had Lavon go to AB :) But if that happened, then they would not be anything to look forward to in Season 4. In Season 4, i would like to see more of Lavon and AB realising their feelings for eachother :)
    *Awesome*

47. rose says:

forget about AB and lavon it will never happen is lemon and lavon now this two is the endgame season 4 just like wade and zoe AB not suit with lavon there so boring together .
    yes to lavon and lemon and yes to wade and zoe is they wedding in season 4 .

48. Yolanda M Cisneros says:

I still kinda wanna see if Geroge and Zoe have a second chance.

49. julie says:

I love this show, never missed an episode and cant wait for season 4, fantastic series

50. brook says:

george with lemon will never happen it wil be lavon in the end .s
    she will marry lavon on christmasday the day where they first meet 4 year a go .
    team lemvon haysland .