Upon unveiling a new logo and tagline — “TNT Drama. Boom.” — the cabler on Wednesday morning announced a development slate that in part will help build “a dynamic portfolio of thrilling genre fare,” including a follow-up to Stephen King’s Firestarter novel.
Titled The Shop, this supernatural thriller centers on the titular organization that once exploited the pyrokinetic abilities of a young girl named Charlie McGee. Twenty years after bringing The Shop to its knees, Charlie has been tracked down by one of its former members, Henry Talbot, who reveals that The Shop is alive and badder than ever, unleashing terrifying new entities into the world. It’s now up to Talbot, Charlie and others like her to find The Shop and destroy it for good.
Also in development at TNT, as revealed at its annual Upfront presentation:
* A Donnie Wahlberg-produced adaptation of Ed McBain’s 87th Precinct, one of the longest-running crime series ever published.
* From producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow) and Nick Wootton (Prison Break), the conspiracy thriller President X is about a POTUS who, upon waking from a 13-month coma and removed from his job, uses his Detroit-bred cunning to investigate the attempt on his life.
* In Fix-It Men, a team of individuals is sent back in time from 2027 to disrupt a series of events that will lead to a cataclysmic war in the future –- but then something goes wrong, trapping them in 2014
Vancouver Manhattan .
* Based on a French web series, Kali is about a young woman who awakens on a train with no memory of who she is or how she got there, and who then discovers that a chip has been implanted in her brain to transform her into a human weapon — one which two warring entities are fighting over.
* Breed is described as an atmospheric, supernatural drama about a race of creatures who are committing brutal murders in the Pacific Northwest, and the reluctant FBI investigator who pairs with a female assassin to track them.
* Lastly, Anonymous follows an ex-Special Ops soldier who, after being forced off the grid when he uncovers a global cover-up, discovers a new purpose: helping those who cannot help themselves.