FXX's Legit and FX's Chozen Cancelled

Legit Chozen CancelledFXX has cancelled the comedy series Legit, TVLine has learned.

Additionally, FX’s animated laugher Chozen has been axed after one season.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Legit debuted on FX before moving to FXX for Season 2.

In February, Legit‘s DJ Qualls told TVLine he hoped Season 2, which was about to debut, wouldn’t be the quirky comedy’s last.

“I’d be sad if we didn’t get to go a third season,” he said. “But I got to do all these amazing things. And I believe that it’s good enough that people will find it after the fact.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news.

1. pete says:

nooooo. Legit was great, sucks to see it go

• Tom Hart says:

Someone start a petition! Legit is a Great show. They bring back other crap shows that get canceled.

• Janet Smyth says:

Best show I’ve seen in, well, FOREVER. Managed to be both hilarious and raise some serious topics at the same time. Get it together FX X – or whatever you’re called now. Better yet, why doesn’t a real network pick up the show?

2. WonderWaage says:

Too bad that Legit got cancelled. It was pretty decent

3. MotorCityGirl says:

Awww, I really dug Legit! Being stuck in the FXX graveyard sure didn’t help any

4. FSN Global 's Rick Fox says:

Reblogged this on Global News Now.

5. rachelle says:

What the hell?? I loved Chozen!

6. lindsay says:

I don’t even know where FXX is. If it’s on regular extended cable, I must not have it…and my package even includes HBO. I completely gave up on even trying to look for new episodes of The League or It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

• David says:

Yeah they need to work on getting better clearance. It took over one of the Fox sports channels last year. My package at the time included it so I got to watch Sunny but I’ve recently downgraded and my new package doesn’t include it. I’ll either have to watch Sunny somewhere else or upgrade again temporarily. Any package that has FX really should have FXX. Especially with FXX getting The Simpsons they really need to get on top of the clearance issues if they want to get that half a billion dollars back.

7. f says:

This is, as Alex Kerkovich would say, illegit.

8. Cheo says:

I’ve been watching this season of ‘Legit’ in awe of how much improved it is over last season, which was pretty damn good. Now this. What’s next, FX? Gonna cancel ‘Archer’?

9. Virgil says:

I really don’t get the FX strategy here. They create an edgier offshoot from their edgy channel, push some of their more interesting programming to this channel, THEN CANCEL ALL THE SHOWS WHEN NO ONE GOES TO THE NEW NETWORK. How about you cancel the contracts of whoever is making these boneheaded decisions?

• David4 says:

Yeah it was a really weird thing they did. And they wanted FXX to be comedies and FX drama… Like the two can’t be on the same network?

10. Bigfartass says:

F you FXX. You canceled Legit, in my opinion one the best shows on TV.

11. shawn L says:

Legit was my favorite show on TV. It was smart, funny and clever. This actually angers me and I rarely get angered at shows being cancelled.

12. Erin says:

I feel like the FXX came out of nowhere. They didn’t publicize it very well. The only reason I knew about it is because my husband watches soccer & heard about the channel changing away from that. I don’t get why they had one comedy on FX & the other on FXX. Since “Legit” debuted on FX, why not keep it there & start “Chozen” on FXX?

13. Todd says:

I’ll miss Legit. It was an edgy show with a lot of heart. Great performances by everyone.

I watched Chozen but it never really clicked with me. It just wasn’t that funny.

As to FXX, I think they could have advertised it better. It’s bad when you are watching a show on FX and they say this other show is FXX AT THE SAME TIME! That is terrible advertising.

14. The biggest mistake was moving it to FXX does anyone even watch that channel? I’m bummed this was a hysterical show and it will be missed

15. Tom Hart says:

16. Slpook says:

Noooo! OK, my fault, every time a TV show makes me ACTUALLY laugh out loud, it gets canceled!

17. gk says:

Please bring back legit, best show ever.

18. Janet Smyth says:

Bring it back! Better yet, why doesn’t a real network pick it up???

19. gnome queen says:

I’m so upset about Legit getting cancelled. The show is brilliant. Jim Jefferies and the rest of the cast are just pure comedy! I’m hooked, and so bummed its gone. Moving to FXX was a bad move, can FX pick them back up and make everyone happy? Baby come back, baby come back to me.

20. Jay says:

Jim Jeff cracks me up. Love the show guys. Bad dcision to cancel. Hope the crew find some good work. I know Dan Bakkedahl will be alright, he’s in everything lately. HEY FX if you can’t bring back legit than propose a ‘Louie’ like show for BILL BURR!!!

21. I have a happy synthetic eyesight to get detail and can anticipate difficulties prior to they will
    take place.

22. @2 of my favorite shows . I loved Legit and it was a real pain trying to fing FXX. Once i found it I DVR the series. I wonder how many people DVR the shows and how does that get counted in the ratings?

23. Stephen says:

It’s amazing to pay a visit this site and reading the views of all mates regarding
    this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting experience.

24. xylin6 says:

What the hell is wrong with you FX!?! Chozen is one of the most genuine,unique and side splitting series to come along in ages and yet you kill the show after one goddamn season? seriously disappointing.hopefully another network will pick it up,a network with spine and vision.

25. Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us
    so I came to look it over. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting
    this to my followers! Excellent blog and amazing style and design.

26. Nate says:

This show was great. It might’ve had a chance if FX didn’t split their channel. FXX was a stupid idea

27. Francisco says:

Why the hell would any one in there right mind cancel this hilarious ridiculously good show….. The people at FX can suck a big one