CBS Fall Schedule Revealed: Big Bang, NCIS: LA, Race, CSI on the Move; Two and a Half Men Entering Final Season, The Mentalist MIA

CBS Fall Schedule 2014CBS on Wednesday revealed its primetime line-up for the 2014-15 TV season and, as expected, The Big Bang Theory will temporarily relocate to Mondays at 8/7c during the network’s run of Thursday Night Football (TBBT will return to its Thursday perch after five or six weeks, at which point 2 Broke Girls will step in).

Also of note: NCIS: LA is shifting to Mondays at 10/9c (following new drama Scorpion), The Amazing Race is headed to Fridays at 8/7c, and CSI is Sunday-at-10/9c-bound (spin-off CSI: Cyber will replace it at midseason). Also, CBS confirmed that Two and a Half Men is entering its final season.

VIDEO | Watch Trailers for CBS’ New Fall Series, Including Stalker and Madam Secretary

Oh, and despite reports to the contrary, How I Met Your Dad is dead. Turns out CBS was not satisfied with the pilot that Craig Thomas and Carter Bays turned in. “We reached out [to Bays and Thomas], tried to get a redo,” said CBS president Nina Tassler. “It wasn’t what they wanted to do.” (20th Century Fox is said to already be shopping the project to other networks; click here for more on those efforts.)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All of the New Shows

On tap for midseason: The MentalistMike & Molly, Undercover Boss as well as new series Battle Creek and The Odd Couple (the latter of which is being retooled).

All told, the CBS schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm The Big Bang Theory/2 Broke Girls
8:30 Mom
9 pm SCORPION
10 pm NCIS: LA

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9  pm NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
10 pm Person of Interest

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm Criminal Minds
10 pm STALKER

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

THURSDAY
8 pm Thursday Night Football

THURSDAY (after football concludes)
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm The Millers
9 pm Two and a Half Men (FINAL SEASON)
9:30 THE MCCARTHYS

10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm MADAM SECRETARY
9 pm The Good Wife
10 pm CSI/CSI: CYBER

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Bad Teacher, The Crazy Ones, Friends With Better Lives, Hostages, Intelligence and We Are Men

1. Some very interesting choices on that schedule.

• Steve f/ says:

FWBL is a good show maybe CBS needs better. Instead of more spin off shows try some originally. I think we have had enough CSI’s and enough NCIS’s. CBs needs a wake up call and start looking at some fresh idea’s and get their heads out of the sand. Create new shows that excite people and make us want to watch your network. Ask america what they want not what you think we want to see, but waht we actually want to see, CBS can not keep coasting along with shows like The Big Bang Theory and NCIS. Look at some fresh materiall listen to what America is trying to tell you. Stop cancelling shows until we have had chance to let them soak in and then we can let you know if we dont like it. FWBL’s hasnt been given a fair shot. I cant stress enough CBS look at what we as proud americans like to watch hint hint hint TBBT its damn funny. Come CBS wake up and smell the ratings…………………………….

• G-Man says:

And this article is list by yahoo under “Sports”,because

• Mary says:

Frankly, I think all of the football games and other sports should be shown a Sports Channel. That way, all of the viewers who hate to see these games interrupt good TV shows could enjoy seeing something besides the football games. People who “are so ready for some football” should be able to tune it in elsewhere — I hate the hype put on football season, not to mention the shows interrupted during the football season.

• Doris says:

YES, I agree, I am so tired of sports delaying my favorite shows! Also I hate that CBS is moving or delaying my favorites. And a comment about NCIS, Get over it already, if you are disappointed in the show stop watching and stop complaining about Ziva’s choice to leave the show!

• Mary Tidwell says:

Amen to that. I love football. Don’t mind it on Sunday’s, but DO NOT INTERRUPT my shows!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me madder than a wet hen. As far as moving the shows to another time slot that is okay as long as if DOESN”T interfere with other shows of mine on other channels.

• well CBS does have a Sports Network I don’t know if you have it

• Judy Zdzinnicki says:

I agree and an option to not get the sports channels.

• Joanne Shields says:

I think the same way about sports. It should be on a station that everyone can watch. Sports has interrupted so many of our favorite shows.

• If they did that it would force people like me to buy cableif i want to see the Colts or the broncos play. My SS check coldn’t handle that, but I d understand exactly what you’re saying.

• Kat baker says:

I agree about the ball games….. It’s like no one matters unless you like them

• AHW says:

As a sports fan, I have to agree with you, Mary. There is a time for sports, as well as a time for regular programming. I would rather see sports on all-sports channels, rather than interrupting the shows I tape to view later.

• shelby says:

That is exactly right. We see enough of football on the weekends. There is a football game on right now on CBS and it is Saturday night. People who like sports usually have cable with all the sports channels. Let them watch it there.

• Saourse Gilmore says:

Moving Amazing Race away from Sunday is NUTS…….

• Tracy says:

Sad to see The Crazy Ones go, it was a cute, funny comedy!!

• J. says:

I’m also sad to hear that The Crazy Ones is not returning. Very funny sitcom. Some episodes were down right hilarious.

• sherrell Frederick says:

I agree 100%. The Crazy Ones was a funny comedy and you never knew who would pop up. Get rid of Two and a half Men and put The Crazy Ones back on. Plus, Why can’t you ever give new shows chance at another season. You truly don’t know if it will truly work without a couple of season. Thanks a lot!!!

• Kim says:

I agree. I loved the characters.

• Brian Raleigh says:

CBS cancelling The Crazy Ones isn’t wholly CBS’s decision. With the passing of Robin Williams, what choice do they have? Absolutely none.

• Moving NCIS, LA to Monday is a death sentence. I guess CBS is banking on NCIS, New Orleans to do much better with audiences after NCIS on Tuesdays

• Courtney says:

I know. I love NCISLA and I’m sad it will be up against Castle and the Black List. I guess in this digital age at least we have On-Demand. It’s crazy.

• Winn says:

NCIS LA was/is so phony and staged as to be unbelievable in any aspect. No relationship to real life and real agency operations at all. The original NCIS on the other hand is at least believable and very well made. I will watch NCIS New Orleans to see how it works out and wil spend my Monday evenings on another channel to avoid NCIS LA

• Christie says:

I agree. Putting NCIS LA against Monday night football is going to be disastrous. In my opinion, putting any show in that time slot is the same as saying you are trying to kill it off.

• Monica Adams says:

Why didn’t they just put Person of Interest on Sunday night and NCIS LA on Tuesday with the new one on Monday night? That doesn’t make any sense to me. That is same way the regular Law and Order was cancelled along with Criminal Intent.

• hello says:

Because Person of Interest is awesome. Also, do you think Jon Nolan would agree to that?

• Kitt says:

It’s bad enough that The Good Wife is often delayed an hour (or more) by football. Person of Interest coming on at almost midnight is unthinkable. How could you thnk it?

• Len says:

So when do the “Sharks” broadcast?

2. Tammy says:

I’m still sad about Friends With Better Lives…. it gets better and better each week.

3. echox860 says:

They moved NCIS LA to Mondays at 10? Terrible move

• Barry says:

NCIS LA is toast going up against Castle.

• J Bernard Jones says:

Are you drinking?

• JBC says:

Castle isn’t what it used to be, and I think NCIS LA has a big enough following to survive Monday nights. I had a good first impression with the spin off, I liked Scott Bakula and the rest of the Cast of NCIS NewOrleans.

• Didn’t care for NCIS New Orleans – I feel they should have left NCIS LA in its spot right after NCIS.

• Mark says:

The spin off in comparison to the red pilot wasn’t that good Scott Bakula going around calling everyone brother just put me right off. If they where adamant about a spin off they should have done 11 episodes of Red before Christmas and 11 of NOLA after. So breaking it up and making it slightly different but two of the same in NCIS and NCIS Nola there is no variation on the theme. Its exactly the same programme , 1 old bloke , 1 ageing bloke and a woman with a doctor and a tech nerd thrown in no variation. NCIS will get watched because people identify with the characters but by the end of the hour will you want another hour of the same, at least when LA was there it was a totally different approach on the theme which made it watch-able, NOLA not so much this is going to affet Person of Interest as well.

• carole says:

The NCIS shows have great story lines and actors. The new spin-off should be the same. I’m looking forward to it. My other favorite, the Good Wife, is getting a little nutty: the writers are trying too hard to be fresh. Most of the sit-coms on TV are trash.

• mewp12 says:

It is also going up against Blacklist which is a powerful show. One would think they would know the If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• mewp12 says:

Castle is great. Fortunately I have two DVR’s.

• Ange says:

The Blacklist is more competition than Castle

• Outis says:

I tend to agree that the Blacklist will cannibalize more audience then Castle will. Castle, sort of like Bones before it, has a nice built in and loyal audience but they’re typically not adding a lot of eyeballs and it skews female. I think NCIS:LA is a very weak show without the lead in. It’s shown this in previous instances where it doesn’t get a new NCIS lead in but the network probably doesn’t care. Enough audience for a healthy ratings hit to limp along for a couple of season and build syndication. It will probably be dead by late next year and get a last season send off. Blacklist is probably going to beat it in the demo’s by quite a bit.

• Barry and Tomye Barnhart says:

Love NCIS LA. The characters unique and complimentary. They are the good guys and you feel good about it when it’s over (like NCIS). Also has a good mix of domestic and foreign settings with good plots. Hope it stays on for a long time.

• Klick says:

The Blacklist is moving to Thursday.

• Tammy says:

And the Black List

• Dave says:

The Blacklist was moved to Thursdays

• Regina says:

I don’t think NCIS-LA will be beat out by Castle, but The Blacklist is another question. I hope they’re not up against each other because I watch both and love both. I think The Mentalist will be back too.

• Barry says:

It depends where Marlowe takes the first episode. In my personal opinion, Andrew really screwed up big-time with the ending of the final episode last Monday.

• Maria says:

I’m thinking maybe Castle is the one in trouble here…

• John says:

your nuts or you just don’t know a great show when you see one castle sucks big time

• Cliff Baldwin says:

Here here

• Ella says:

I agree. They killed Intelligence in that slot, didn’t give it a chance anywhere else, now are they trying to ruin LA? I can’t believe they gave NO the good slot. IMO, it was a joke. The accents they tried to do were laughable. And I couldn’t see any chemistry among the characters.

• Jeff says:

Agree about the accents – I like Bakula, but, come on!…

• drhenning says:

That Monday at 10 will be a brutal fight… CBS has not had a success in that space since they ditched CSI-Miami.. I figure they think that fans of the show will transfer nights… I liked NCIS-NOLA and like that it’ll be there.. Did CSI get a full order if it is sharing space with the new Cyber show???

• CBS didn’t have success Sundays at 10 PM with CSI: Miami, its rating tanked there and it was cancelled. The problem is NFL football, the 4PM Sunday games always run past 7PM, plus CBS has their brief NFL post show, which delays everyone else’s start times. Now if you’re one of the first two programs like 60 Minutes then that isn’t so bad, if you’re at the end of the night (the 10PM slot) your show usually doesn’t even start till after 10:30, the audience is getting ready for bed at that point, not interested in starting an hour long drama at 10:40PM at night!!! Plus you’re going head to head with the final quarter of the NFL Game on NBC. OUCH!

CBS would do better by skipping original programming altogether in the SUN 10PM slot till after football season (although Golf over runs sometimes cause the same problems, just not as often). Run re runs or air an NFL wrap up show there. It’s a death sentence to have that slot SEPT -DEC, this is likely the end of CSI

• betty says:

that last paragraph about cbs 10pm time slot makes a lot of sense. reruns might not be a bad idea until sunday sports games and their over runs are over. at least the viewers will know what to expect!

• Amy says:

Ella, I completely agree with you!

• Paula says:

I agree about intelligence. It was a good show and cbs did not give it a chance . Intelligence should have been renewed. I would rather watch intelligence that ncis New Orleans. I am a big fan of josh holloway and meghan ory and I was excited that they were on the same show. Intelligence will be missed. Ncis no was bad and will not watch it I will find something else to watch at 9 and then turn it back at 10 for poi.

• Terrance says:

I agree with everything u said it sucks intelligence was a really good show

• Tran says:

It’s going to be tough for NCIS: LA in the 10 p.m. Monday night time slot going up against Castle and The Blacklist which is going to be replaced with State of Affairs debuting in November.

• Jennifer says:

I was thinking the same thing. Why not put all NCIS shows on the same night? They have been getting good ratings with NCIS and NCIS:LA on the same night. I saw the “pilot” for NCIS: New Orleans and didn’t think it was very good. I am actually surprised it got picked up. I liked the “pilot” for NCIS: RED better than the one for New Orleans. I love Scott Bakula though.

• chrisc46 says:

NCIS: LA is going to be blacklisted

• Chloe says:

And up against The Blacklist, at least until November. Good thing for OnDemand, since I watch both of them and Castle, too.

• Eveline Grimes says:

I agree and am wondering why not put NCIS: NEW ORLEANS on Monday?? Why not renew INTELLIGENCE. CBS is similar to other networks wherein they screw up (oops) my schedules.

• Earth says:

why???????????? It won’t last long in that time slot.

• Angel says:

I agree with you on the NCIS, LA move to Monday nights, probably wrong move.

• Kat baker says:

Sounds good to me… I hate Castle and Monday needs a boost

4. JJM says:

The Mentalist will either be jumping in on Midseason or a last minute replacement in their schedule for failed shows.

• Mary says:

Why are they moving the Mentalist? Bad move. Sunday night was something to look forward to.

• wingsstef says:

I think they were worried about the people worried about football run overs, but since it’s not even on Sunday in the Winter/Spring, that does make me curious. I have been looking forward to Battle Creek and wonder what day that will be on come midseason.

• Dark Defender says:

My guess is the Mentalist is being pushed to mid-season for a string of all new episodes without football interuptions. It sounds like a good move and will benefit the hosew to eaither go out with a bang on a back end 13 episode order or to give it new life for potential renewal if it upticks greatly. I can’t see it doing well on any other night besides Sunday at this point. I hope the wait is to give the series a final chance with the new direction the reboot has given us.

• I hope it won’t be on a Sunday night.

• Jan Dillon says:

I couldn’t agree more Mary. This really disrupts our Sunday Night family TV night!
        Jan D.

• mewp12 says:

My thoughts exactly. And now if they could get the games to end on time,.

• NR says:

Please bring the Mentalist for a whole season.Probably many people will not know it’s a mid-season replacement, and it will not get the ratings it needs to return the following year.

5. Andrew Hass says:

I’m not surprised that CBS has put NCIS:New Orleans after NCIS on Tuesday and moved NCIS:LA to a different night because then it has a good lead in..As for NCIS:LA they could do well on Mondays.

6. Joana Fernandes says:

What does it mean “MONDAY 8 pm The Big Bang Theory/2 Broke Girls”?

7. karen1228 says:

Very disappointed in NCIS-LA’s move to Monday nights @10pm. I’ll never get to watch it now. Ugh…

• Marc says:

CBS should be pushing everyone to get one of those ten-programs-at-once DVRs that Dish and Cablevision have.

• rick says:

this actually is not a bad move for me because there is really nothing I watch on Monday unless it is football season.

8. Dee Clark says:

I don’t see The Mentalist yet – hope they don’t cancel it!

9. jp2 says:

I’m both happy and not that The Amazing Race will be on Friday. Happy that it won’t continually be pushed off because of long sports events. However I’m unhappy that many times Friday is a pre-graveyard for shows. AR better not lose out!

• J Bernard Jones says:

Um, Friday isn’t necessarily a graveyard for shows. Look at Grimm, Blue Bloods, Shark Tank, etc. Sometimes Fridays can save a series.

• Rachel says:

I agree! I was really worried when they moved Hart of Dixie to Friday earlier this season, but now with the renewal, I can see that was a good choice! The move to Friday certainly saved THAT show.

• JoyAnne says:

I guess particular nights suit different viewers. I like Blue Bloods on Fridays. Would love to have seen The Mentalist in that 8pm time slot they have given to Amazing Race. Someone above commented FWBL would be a better follow to TBBT than the Millers. I agree. I’ve quit watching The Millers.

• sarah says:

Hawaii Five 0 and Blue Bloods do very well on Fridays!

• Ben says:

Yeah. The attitude to Friday’s seems to have changed. Instead of killing shows there because they have lower ratings than the rest, instead networks seem to be more tolerant of lower ratings there. If your show is on a Friday, you should instead hope that it might survive when a higher rated show on another night may not.

• dman6015 says:

Friday isn’t what it used to be, and remember, way back when, Saturday nights were THE place to put hot shows (CBS’ All in the Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Carol Burnett Show, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, and Walker, Texas Ranger, as well as NBC’s The Golden Girls).

• dan says:

At first I was skeptical, but then I realized that Undercover Boss has done quite well for CBS on Friday. Maybe they’ll put UB in during the hiatus between TAR seasons. I’ve enjoyed watching TAR on Sunday nights (even with the constant sports’ delays), but I can get used to it being on Friday.

10. Stormy says:

So, I’ll watch TBBT and check out Stalker. That’s it.

11. Fran Spruill says:

The Big Bang Theory is the best show ever. Keep up the good work and thanks for such an awesome and hilarious t.v. show.

12. Ashley says:

I can’t believe CBS moved NCIS LA to Mondays at 10 instead of having an NCIS triple threat on Tuesdays.

13. Gail says:

Where is the Mentalist ? Mid Season? No Elementary until after football ? Amazing Race on Friday? Guess I will be DVRing that?

14. Michelle says:

BBT will be on Mondays until Thursday Football is over, and then 2 Broke Girls will take over that time a slot on Mondays when BBT moves back to Thursdays.

15. Betty says:

I see they’re trying to kill off The Amazing Race by putting it on Friday’s.

16. Tran says:

Can’t believe CBS benched Mike & Molly again. BUMMER

17. Sam says:

Mike & Molly = Rules of Engagement – Great show, loyal audience, treated like crap by the network.

• Stormy says:

I loved M&M in the beginning. Then with Melissa’s success in a couple of coarse comedy films, they turned it into just another vulgar CBS show with slapstick/pratfall gags thrown in. Molly started out sweet and genteel and they turned her into a bimbo.

• Steve says:

I completely agree. Rules of Engagement is one of my favorite comedies ever. The Timmy character was hilarious. He should have had his own spin-off show. And why did they change the intro. theme song to Mike & Molly? Ruined it.

18. Ezzy says:

Where’s Mike and Molly?

19. Jane says:

Thanks CBS, I use to have to worry about to program your Sunday night shows because of football but now there is nothing on Sunday nights I want to watch. Makes things easier. Hope they don’t put the Mentalist back on that night.

20. Crog says:

Nooooooooooooooooo two and half men is ending. That sucks. This schedule is a fail. If CBS moved the miller’s they’d see it drop to around 6-7m viewers

21. Gail says:

I hope late start of returning shows mean fewer reruns/preemptions and not fewer episodes.

22. Bonnie says:

What happened to the Mentalist?

23. Michelle says:

The kiss of death for CSI(Sundays – always delayed because of sporting events) and The Amazing Race (Fridays). However, I’m sure faithful/loyal fans will DVR.

24. Sabrina says:

Thank goodness 2.5 men is finally ending.

• Crog says:

Do you even watch it or are you on the Internet bandwagon of hating on it for no reason?

• KT8711 says:

My father-in-law loves the show and we often watch the reruns while we have dinner with him. I’ve probably seen at least 30 episodes and I have to say that it’s not a great show. It’s average at best. Every once in awhile there’s a laugh, but you can see the punchline to a joke coming a mile away. It’s just very average, very run-of-the-mill humor. Nothing that edgy or exciting. That’s just my opinion.

• Jeff says:

If you like crude sex jokes every five minutes, yea, it’s great.

25. TMJLacon says:

What about “Undercover Boss”? Is it gone, or does it cover between seasons of “Amazing race” like it used to?

26. Tony says:

I cannot believe there are people annoyed about shows like Mike & Molly, TBBT and Two & A Half Men… Those shows are terrible

27. Amber says:

Where about Mike and Molly?

28. David says:

I wish they would move Good Wife off Sunday nights. The preemptions are really annoying and I can’t believe they are trying to launch a new show like Madam Secretary under those circumstances. They should have at least used Good Wife as the lead in.

29. Bonnie Maynes says:

Hey what happened to the Mentalist?

• macchief says:

Most likely it will come back mid-season. They probably are still deciding on what day to air it, in case they end up having to cut a new show which could give them more timeslots to work with. Or at least that’s my guess.

30. Hopefully the Big Bang Theory lead-in can help Mom find a bigger audience, they deserve it.

31. A says:

How I met your Dad never stood a chance. Hate is very powerful

• Name(less) says:

AGREED. Carter & Bays really took a dump on their fan base & interestingly enough, they do not seem to care.

• Kendall says:

Please… In the eyes of the network that was a resounding success.

The only way HIMYD wasn’t going to be picked up is if there was something fundamentally wrong with the pilot, like when NBC didn’t order Wonder Woman. That show was a lock to get picked up but was just so bad that NBC knew it wouldn’t fly.

32. Joey Padron says:

Surprised they’re moving NCIS: LA to Mondays. Thought Tuesday nights would be an NCIS lineup of shows. Glad Two and a Half Men is finally ending. Surprised they’re moving The Mentalist to mid-season.

33. Ari says:

I’m sad that The Amazing Race is moving to Fridays. I always work on Friday nights and TAR isn’t really the kind of show that is worth watching after the fact.

34. Trish says:

Where’s Mike and Molly?!

35. Jenna says:

I like the schedule. Moving CSI was smart, but I don’t expect it to do well. Hope they announce this final season and give it a proper send off.
    Criminal Minds and Stalker look like a no brainer to pair.
    Madame Secretary and TGW should share an audience, including me.
    The rest of the nights look pretty solid with good flow. Tho, tbh, I don’t watch much on CBS.

36. Jonathan says:

With CSI moving to Sunday….is that show dead?

• J Bernard Jones says:

Did The Mentalist die when they moved it to that time slot a years ago years ago?
      No. That time slot saved it and will likely do the same again for the aging CSI.

• Personally, I stopped watching CSI after Warrick was killed off and Grissom left back in Season 9. I’ve always felt that Grissom’s final episode would’ve been a good send-off for CSI; same goes for the 2.5 Men episode where Charlie Sheen’s character was killed off (though I gave up on that show long before that episode, and am glad it’s finally ending.)

37. taahimar says:

CSI ON Sundays odd for a shOw that has been on Wednesdays for so long..and the Cyber one was kind of weak maybe won’t make it for a full season.

• Paula says:

I agree about csi cyber it was weak and not good at all. Cbs needs to learn that just because csi had a boost in rating with Patricia arquette guess staring does not mean that we needed another csi spinoff. Been there done that. I will not be watching csi cyber at all and i rarely watch original csi anymore and now that it is on Sundays I will not watch it.

38. Leanna says:

I am really sad that they cancelled Intelligence. I really liked that show.

• Ella says:

I loved the show. And they never gave it a chance. But hey, they saved The Millers. Back to ABC I go.

• Katherine215 says:

I did too. I thought it got stronger as the season went on. Trying to compete against The Blacklist and Castle mid-season is pretty difficult. I wish it could’ve gone to another night or even an earlier time on Monday.

• Teresa says:

Canceling a great show like Intelliengce, dumbiing now America, one good show at a time :(

• Paula says:

I agree about intelligence. It was a great show with a great cast. I lovers whole cast especially Josh Holloway and Meghan Ory. Intelligence was a new fresh show and had lots if potential but cbs never gave it a chance. Should have renewed intelligence moved to another night and give a arcing chance but instead it cancelled so cbs can have room for csi cyber. Would rather watch intelligence than csi cyber.

• SK says:

Agree with you 1000 percent!! I believe they cancelled Intelligence for CSI:Cyber. I guess they don’t want to have 2 similar shows and they’d rather bank on the CSI franchise. For that alone, I will not watch it because Intelligence should have been renewed. I love the whole cast (especially Josh’s and Meghan’s chemistry) and their camaraderie.

• CMS123 says:

Agreed…sick of CSI shows. Intelligence was on the same lines but was different enough to peak may interest while I have left most of the CSI shows….and I was a die hard fan of every one of them at one point or another. I think they have run their course.

• Huskygrl says:

Could not agree more! CSI Cyber was stupid, but Intelligence was a completely new look at crime fighting and the cast worked well together. I’m a CSI fan since the beginning but cannot imagine being able to tolerate Arquette’s obnoxious character long enough to watch it. I REALLY wish another network would capitalize on CBS’s stupidity/hubris!

• James Tindall says:

Intelligence was one of the best shows on tv. CBS cancelled it to quickly. They should have given it a chance.

39. Ann says:

Awww…I was really looking forward to How I Met Your Father. But good for Carter and Bays for standing their ground and keeping the pilot the way they want it and not change it to appease CBS.

40. Jason says:

wow. NCIS LA to Monday to go up against Castle and the Blacklist (for a while)… That will be interesting to watch. This will be the first time in a while that there will be three established hits at that time slot in a long while.

41. Maria says:

At least I’m home on Fridays so I can still watch TAR but I’m not pleased with this move at all. Why bother launching a new show on Sundays with football overruns and then against football on NBC?

42. KW says:

Any word on the pilot Good Session????

43. Tripp says:

TBBT will be going up against The Voice on Mondays. should be a good battle.

44. JC1 says:

I’m not happy about this to be honest. I figured NCIS LA would be moving for NCIS New Orleans, but to 10 pm? If they’re putting dramas on Monday at 9, why not put NCIS LA at 9 pm leading into the new show, rather than the other way around? But as I’m thinking about it, I guess maybe they think NCIS LA will have a better chance against Castle and Blacklist than a new show would. Which I suppose makes sense. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. ;) I wonder what happens if Scorpion fails though. They must have a lot of confidence in it to put it there. Not surprised Mentalist is being held for midseason – is it going to be a “final season”?

• JC1 says:

Other thoughts….two new shows on Sunday seems risky. The Madam Secretary/Good Wife pairing makes sense, but I’m not sure a new show at 8 will work. Plus I’ve never quite understood CBS’s strategy in keeping Good Wife on Sundays. It seems like you would want shows on Sunday that would appeal to the NFL crowd, that would give them a reason to stick around after the game ends. Not saying that no one watches both Good Wife and football, but I suspect the crossover audience is not large. (Although since I don’t watch either one, who knows?) Anyway. The CSI/CSI:Cyber timesharing does make sense though.

• wonderwall says:

I’m happy that Amazing Race isn’t before Good Wife… I always HATED how it always made TGW air 15 minutes later. Not cool on CBSs part.

• Dean says:

Everytime they try to launch a new show at 10pm mondays it always backfires, except with Five 0 they did that show well. LA has 100+ eps under its belt and I think since it has some stability it can stand on its own. Honestly it makes sense.

• JC1 says:

It does make sense, as I conceded, but as a fan of the show I’m still worried. If Scorpion does well, it should be fine, but if Scorpion crashes and burns…maybe not so much. But we’ll see. This will be my second year in a row to have three shows airing at 10 pm on Mondays. :/

45. Nick says:

Good riddance to HIMYD. Glad the network recognized that the HIMYM finale was so bad that there was no way most former fans of the show would give Bays and Thomas another chance.

46. gio88 says:

and the new matt damon -ben affleck comedy with alyson hannigan ?

47. Hamza says:

Thursdays at 9 will be huge, especially in midseason. Blacklist vs Scandal vs final season of Two and Half Men.

48. tiffany says:

This year I decided to watch new shows and as per norm…and two shows really enjoyed so sad about Friends With Better Lives and Trophy Wife bah

49. Sam says:

What will happen to Elementary during Thurs night football? Where do they go & when will they be back since football is taking over?

50. Andrea says:

I think NCIS:LA will falter on Monday’s. Going against Castle and the Blacklist, both of which have a solid lead in, isn’t going to help it any. If Scorpion fails it won’t have any help at all. It’s not like it’s pulling huge numbers behind NCIS as it is now. I think Castle and the Blacklist will beat LA in the demo.

• Merissa W. says:

Yeah I think it was a bad move too. Monday nights are already jam-packed as it is.

• Nikhil says:

two and half men was dead since Charlie Seen walk out of the show, it could have continued until Charlie’s real Death with #1 show in USA.

• Barry says:

That — plus as the kid got older, he was no longer funny in my opinion.

• njartist says:

In response to the comment that Two 1/2 Men was dead since Sheen left…. I thought that it
            improved . Cryer ‘s character was given more to do- A K was a good addition. Sheen’s character was way too much a mirror of that actors life and wearing thin. Too bad though
            that the two supporting characters-the house keeper and mother have had not been in
            the episodes all that much. A twelve year run is more than enough. In response to comments about NCIS LA moving to Mondays- I think that it will be OK. The new show on NBC though is problematical as to whether it can make it. If it is the Blacklist against Elementary though…
            Hopefully CBS will support Elementary and not do it what NBC did with Revolution .
            As for NCIS NO- Scott Bakula is great but the two parter did not grab me. In fact I still have
            the second part on my DVR and have not watched it. The NCIS shows work when they have
            chemistry between the characters. Since the NCIS NO two parter was an introduction hopefully
            that aspect will improve. From what I viewed there was no difference between NO & Red Team
            in show dynamics. Red Team could have worked out so go figure.