Fall TV: Watch Trailers for ABC's How to... Murder, Selfie, Whispers and Other New Series

ABC on Tuesday announced its fall schedule and offered up sneak peeks at its new series, including Shonda Rhimes’ new drama How to Get Away With Murder and the comedies Selfie and Black-ish.

Get your first look at the Alphabet Net’s new fare below.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New

How to Get Away With Murder (Thursdays, 10/9c)

Cristela (Fridays, 8:30/7:30c)

Forever (Tuesdays, 10/9c)

Manhattan Love Story (Tuesdays, 8:30/7:30c)

Black-ish (Wednesdays, 9:30/8:30c)

Selfie (Tuesdays, 8/7c)

American Crime (Midseason)

Fresh Off the Boat (Midseason)

Galavant (Midseason)

Secrets and Lies (Midseason)

The Whispers (Midseason)

Thoughts on what you see? Hit the comments and sound off!

1. Me says:

Calling it now, selfie and black-ish will be the first things cancelled.

2. Jerry says:

That “Forever” clip does not sell the show to me at all. I hope there is a longer trailer coming because right now it seems like a pretty generic show.

3. j says:

“How To Get Away With Murder” looks pretty good. “Forever,” on the other hand… I can already see the cancellation puns- “‘Forever’ Barely Lasts A Day.” It looks like a carbon copy of “Castle” or “Elementary,” and how come her ONLY line is “Dr. Morgan” said the same way 15 times? Ugh.

4. MeJ says:

Ugh, ABC always does the worst trailers. How am I supposed to get any vibe from those? The most I can say is that John Cho seems charming, as always.

5. jen says:

how to get away with murder is the only one that stuck out to me. Manhatten love story and crisela seem like they will be cancelled

6. DL says:

None of these look good. Bad First Looks.

7. Evan says:

I am all about “How to Get Away with Murder”. “Black-ish” also looked kinda funny. The other ones were pretty boring for the most part. There’s not enough here to get a good grip on any of these shows.

8. Jess says:

NBC and FOX did better with their previews. Those were trailers. These are clips….

9. Nate says:

GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN SHONDA RHIMES! !!!!!

10. Hamza says:

These are all clips from a scene rather than a trailer which Fox and NBC both provided.

11. AT says:

These one scene clips make it hard to sell each show. I know I want to watch Forever, but I think a full trailer talking about his immortality will sell it better.

12. marcinho says:

Guy from HTGAWM is Dean Thomas from Harry Potter!

13. Bad trailers considering that these are for up fronts. But I’m digging what ABC is doing with scheduling and this crop of shows looks much much better than last season.

14. Tran says:

How to Get Away with Murder is destined to be another Shonda Rhimes hit. The rest of ABC’s new shows = PASS PASS PASS

15. Jules says:

Alfie Enoch aka Dean Thomas from the Harry Potter series is in How to get away with murder? Okay, sure, I’ll check that one out, then. :)

16. bryceradick says:

I like that ABC doesn’t give the whole pilot away like Fox and NBC have, but there’s not even on Forever, Cristela, and MLS for me to grab on to. That being said, I’ll probably give everything a shot except the extra-stale-looking Forever.

17. mika02 says:

They need to change the name of “Selfie” and I’ll watch it the name sucks the premise could work ie Trophy wife. Couldn’t they name it “My Fair Dooley” or something.

• mika02 says:

Gotta watch How to get away with Murder for Dean from Harry Potter alone lol

• r0ckmypants says:

Sure, “My Fair Dooley” is a much better title than the youthful and contemporary “Selfie.”

…………………………
      …………………………
      …………………………

• mika02 says:

I was joking but Selfie is a stupid name for this show. Plus the description of the show is a modern take on My Fair Lady.

• Alice says:

Yeah- I only clicked it because I had already heard it was a contemporary My Fair Lady. The title is terrible. The premise is good.

18. Nay says:

Can we just cancel “Selfie” now and put John Cho on “How to get away with murder”??

19. mika02 says:

Can’t wait for Wed. Comedy night I don’t really watch the Middle or Modern Family but I will so I can watch the Goldbergs and Blackish. Shondaland Day looks great. My ABC Sun’s will continue on ABC pretty happy with the shows and scheduling this season.

20. Matthew says:

Wow, a woman drinking a beer?! Now that’s comedy! Can we start Cristela’s Emmy campaign now?

21. the girl says:

My Thursdays will be all Shonda, all the time. Love it. I am excited for Black-ish also, has great potential.

22. “How to Get Away with Murder” seems like the only viable show out of this bunch.

23. Lucy says:

Did ABC pass on the Jack Whitehall – Brittany Snow show? I was looking forward to that.

24. rflairfan1 says:

Nothing looks good at all.

25. Essie says:

How to Get Away with Murder and Forever seem interesting.

26. Liz says:

I think it’s a little early to call cancellation on anything based on 30 sec clips with little content. That said trailers are supposed to ENHANCE excitement, and these just don’t. So fail for ABC, and juries still out on the shows

27. Little Scarf Girl says:

Agree that How to Get Away With Murder is the only show that looks interesting and unique. Blackish looks like it may be worth a laugh, and I like John Cho but I don’t know about Selfie. The others looked terrible.

28. Kenny says:

Can we change the titles of Selfie & Black-ish

29. Ever says:

So FOREVER = Elementary. Ok, terrific!

30. ggny says:

Karen Gillian goes from Doctor Who and GOTG to that? Wow she is a future star but that show isnt how she is gonna get there

31. Woody7 says:

The Whispers trailer looked better than all the summaries I have been reading.

32. ggny says:

Cristela very well might turn out to be one of the worst things ever on network TV. How did that get picked up?

33. marcinho says:

They need to change Viola Davis’ hairstyle

34. Mark says:

For anyone who thought Dads was racist, then you must think Fresh Off the Boat is Gods greatest creation! Seriously, how did that show even get picked up?

35. Babybop says:

Everything looks okay, but I’m not excited about any of these.

36. Drew says:

How is Black-ish not racist again? Because it’s made by a black guy? It’s all about how black people should be defined by the color of their skin. They’re not black enough if they don’t act a certain way, dress a certain way, and speak a certain way? On top of that, if you had a series about white people who felt that society was losing it’s white-ness and the main character was trying to get more white back in his life, the show would never make it to the script writing phase.

• Drew says:

I will also say that Selfie looks kinda funny (I like Karen Gillian, what can I say?), but it needs a name change. Also, if you are a direct take on My Fair Lady, you really can’t mention My Fair Lady while in character for the trailer! If makes me think weird things, like how neither of these people realized that they had the same names and were doing the same things as in My Fair Lady.

• Darren smith says:

How about its obvious a slap in the face of black stereo types that black and white people placate too. This is a COMEDY, just like modern family pumping out gay jokes, ageism, Goldberg’s with Jewish jokes. You just like a lot of people have to cry cry and point about see how the black people get to do this this and that but I can’t. Dude get a clue and a life. We white folks are always victims aren’t we. SMH

37. Elizabeth says:

I will definently check out Forever, Manhattan Love Story, Secrets & Lies, American Crime, and The Whispers. I might check out Galavant if I’m bored enough and feel like something that silly.

38. raven says:

Really.. You cancel good show like trophy wife and a funny the neighbors with all this crap!!

Who picks this junk.. Only thing interesting was the How to get away with murder. The rest of these will be canceled hopefully the executive picking this crap will also finda new job!

What a waste I think I will make it a point to skip abc shows this fall!! Renew Trophy wife and I may reconsider.

39. Mary says:

Galavant looks fun, but Whispers is way creepy.

40. Amy says:

How can Juliette Lewis do Secrets and Lies, here on ABC, and Wayward Pines on Fox?

41. Trista says:

Who picks these shows? Are they kidding us with Galavant? I’m embarrassed for ABC.

42. George says:

Some of the dramas look intriguing, but the comedies look bad. Like, REALLY bad…

43. Ashley says:

I will be tuning into Forever, How To Get Away With Murder and Whispers for sure.

44. Ashley says:

Almost all of these comments are based on 30 second clips not the first trailers that have been updated. ABC you should always lead with the trailers!

45. MattArmando says:

MOST of these shows look super promising, especially AMERICAN CRIME, SECRETS & LIES, HOW TO GET AWAY, FRESH OFF THE BOAT and BLACKISH.

BTW– Secrets & Lies will be an anthology drama; 10-episode reset seasons.

AMERICAN CRIME will have an 11-episode first season.

HOW TO GET AWAY will have a 15-episode first season.

46. Ryan says:

Ryan Phillippe looks promising in Secrets and LIes. Juliette Lewis’s calm voice throughout the clip was annoying. Didn’t see anything special about her in the clip.

47. David says:

Forever and How To Get Away for me. Both look really good.

48. Buddy says:

Fresh Off the Boat and Galavant made me laugh out loud. I can’t wait for midseason.

• Alex says:

I hope you were laughing at how crappy Galavant looks! Seriously, it has all the signs of a huge stinkbomb.

• CGS says:

These are the two I’m most excited for as well. Galavant’s trailer was frickin’ hilarious. Will probably be short-lived but I intend to thoroughly enjoy it for however long it stays on.

49. Aleana says:

Galavant and Fresh Off The Boat Cristela mad me laugh I like Selfie interesting plus love the actress Karen Gillian Black-ish seem okay but going get cancel with Manhattan Love Story How To Get Away With Murder and American Crime and The Whispers looks more promising Forever seem likely to get cancel with Secret & Lies

50. webly3 says:

I will watch How To Get Away, Galavant, The Whispers, and Fresh Off the Boat.