Fall TV Grid: What's on When? And Versus What?

It’s never too early to start planning your viewing habits for the fall TV season (and get a jump on any new DVR conflicts!), so TVLine presents this day-by-day, hour-by-hour grid of the primetime schedules for each network.

• Brand-new programming for the 2014-15 TV season is in RED.

• Midseason launches are listed beneath the grid.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All of the New Shows

Fall TV Schedule 2014FOR MIDSEASON: ABC’s American Crime, The Astronauts Wives Club, The Club, Fresh Off the Boat, Galavant, Marvel’s Agent Carter, Secrets and Lies, The Taste and The Whispers…. CBS’ Battle Creek, The Mentalist, Mike & Molly, The Odd Couple and Undercover Boss NBC’s A.D., Allegiance, Aquarius, Emerald City, Hannibal, Heroes Reborn, Odyssey, Mission Control, Mr. Robinson, One Big Happy, Parks and Recreation (final season) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt…. FOX’s American Idol, Backstrom, Bordertown, Empire, The Following, Glee, Hieroglyph, Last Man on Earth, Wayward Pines and Weird Loners…. The CW’s Beauty and the Beast, Hart of Dixie, iZombie and The Messengers

1. msbellalugosi says:

thanks, the grey is a little hard to read though.

• Brian says:

That’s because those aren’t finalized yet. NBC is the only network to announce so far. The rest will be done this week.

• TMJ says:

The grey is supposed to be hard to read, because it’s really representing this season’s schedule. Once the networks officially announce the schedules, the returning shows will turn black and the cancelled shows will disappear.

2. NoChance says:

Hi, When is “NCIS: NOLA” going to be airing and why is “The Crazy Ones” still being shown?

• rflairfan1 says:

Because it is showing what aired last year. As it says the rest of the networks will put out their schedule this week. NBC was first.

3. Paul says:

NBC is the only network to announce so far. When the other networks announce, the schedule will light up and no longer be grayed out. The slots that have the old shows for Abc, Cbs, and Fox are placeholders until those Networks announce what will be on. Reading helps: The More You Know!

4. BostonKevin says:

“The Goldbergs” has an asterisk, but it wasn’t canceled, per your scorecard.

5. Babybop says:

Whoa – moving Biggest Loser to Thursdays so their comedies don’t compete against Big Bang Theory (whose audience is probably quite different from BL)… I feel like that might be smart. NBC needs to shake it up a bit, good for them!

• rflairfan1 says:

Since CBS hasn’t announced their schedule is could be different. We do know that CBS has 8 weeks of football starting in Sept.

6. wanderlust says:

Like BostonKevin said, The Goldbergs isn’t cancelled.

7. Tuesday at 10 on ABC “So Many Ill Fated Shows” FTW!

8. BostonKevin says:

Well, clearly YOU didn’t, or you posted after the grid was updated. The legend states that an asterisk on a gray show denotes it being canceled. Until a few minutes ago, The Goldbergs had an asterisk, but, as I stated, according to the Renewal Scorecard, it had been renewed, hence should not have had an asterisk (and Wanderlust apparently saw the same, per the comment below). The error has since been corrected.

But thanks for such a supportive comment.

9. JC1 says:

“So many ill-fated shows” – LOL! So true.

10. Matt Cail says:

realy make ther font any lighter cant see … npot sure about the blacklist moving after the winter break . May not fair wel forthe new State of affairs show

11. N tTVf says:

Good work on the grid Matt – THANK YOU!! One of the key pieces I use [and bookmark!] this time of year at Upfront week.

NBC is trying – I’ll give them credit (some), but I am disappointed with their schedule. A little too much ‘defensive’ moves, too much counter-programming, and not enough ‘offense.’ I’m not a fan of ‘Biggest Loser’, so I’m probably very biased, but there is no way on earth I would have moved that program to Thursday nights.

That’s the night the networks tell their advertisers [and by association, their viewers] how important that Thursday night real estate is to all of us. The best of the best goes onto Thursday nights. Hence, CBS moving TBBT over there a couple of years ago, CBS moving Survivor to Thursdays ten years ago, FOX moving AI at its prime over to Thursday. ABC moving Grey’s Anatomy to the heart of the network lineup – Thursday at 9pm, a decade ago. And NBC is smart to move Blacklist to 9pm (I’ve pushed for that move for weeks)…. but *only* if other top notch shows were moving along with Blacklist to give it some protection and support.

What does NBC do? They move Biggest Loser to Thursday. Time will tell if this was a smart move. What that tells me (and perhaps the audience), is that NBC doesn’t see the difference between a show like Biggest Loser and Blacklist. It’s all the same to them/NBC.

That tells me they are just looking at the numbers (which is fair, they have to, I understand), but not the consequences of what happens when you dump shows into prime real estate without any concern over the perception (with is 9/10s reality) of those shows to the general viewing audience. Biggest Loser doesn’t belong anywhere near Blacklist – NBC should have figured that out, and perhaps they will be the time (Feb) Blacklist reaches Thursday nights.

• rflairfan1 says:

I don’t watch the show but is Biggest Loser 22 or 13 episodes? I only ask because maybe by the time Blacklist starts on Thursday it will be over. I understand what you are saying about “the best of the best going to Thursday’s” but in reality Blacklist is one if not the only scripted show the have that’s a hit. I think the realize most people nowadays hardly watch things live. I am just glad by the time Blacklist goes to Thursdays. At least NBC isn’t sending Blacklist right away, otherwise it would be going up against 8 weeks of football on CBS and well no matter what teams are playing football will dominate Thursdays. Just like Sunday night football.

12. Teag says:

Blacklist has a 22-episode order doesn’t it?

• rflairfan1 says:

Yes. The 3 month hiatus just means almost no interruptions. Think about how many repeats there are for shows that air from Sept to May.

13. CK says:

So red for midseason and then a slightly darker red for new shows? Sheesh, I could tell the difference between Archer’s slightly dark black sweaters better. Maybe you should go with Yellow or green for new shows.

14. Harry Dresden says:

“Grimm” & “Constantine” look set for a great Friday night genre combo. Reminds me of Sci-Fridays from the now defunct Sci-Fi Channel Days

15. H says:

Heroes reborn, starring Greg Grunberg and…I guess Zachary Quinto if not otherwise engaged?!

16. DW says:

Thanks for the graft, keep up the good work. Will miss Revolution since it was the best show in its time slot. Not yo mention that it is one of only three shows I watch on NBC. The other two being Blacklist and Football on Thursday.

17. Jillian says:

LOL at “so many ill fated shows”

18. Still disappointed that Almost Human has been cancelled. Is there any possibility that this show can be picked up by another network, maybe Syfy or CW?

19. Elyse says:

Love the TV grid! Thank you TV line!! I always print it out so I can figure out which new shows I can fit into my busy DVR schedule.

20. JSintheStates says:

Thank you! I appreciate you actually publishing the schedule, rather than just talking around it! Some writers, such as yourself, should be doing this for a living! The rest of the bloggers are just internet flotsum and jetsum!

21. Lysh says:

Thank you, TVLine, this is all I’ve ever wanted/needed.

22. the passenger says:

Matt: thank you for making this schedule each season. I always print a copy for my mother, who finds it extremely helpful for keeping track of what’s on when so she can easily schedule her DVR recordings.

23. H.Houston says:

With the addition of the CBS shows…. *insert whistle* Thursday is going to be a ratings fight night

24. Mary says:

Matt, thank you for a great job keeping us updated. My husband and I were talking and it would interesting for you to recap the body count (and possible body count) of all the season finales. The grid is great. Can’t wait for the final one!

25. Lauren says:

Matt, thank you so much for doing this. It’s really been very helpful. Plus I’m a chart and graphs lover so I geek out with this and use it to plan my fall television. One request, could you add CBS to the grid please? Thanks again, love this site!

26. Kathryn says:

I’m really disappointed that CBS is cancelling Intelligence. The story, characters and special effects were very good. I will really miss that show and wish they would reconsider. I would rather see the reality shows go away.

• Scooter Smith (@scoboot) says:

My beef with the cancellation is that they cancelled it, and then picked up another show about cyber crime solving, but without the uniqueness of Intelligence.

27. Renz says:

When will you add CBS’ recently announced 2014-15 schedule? It would be great to see the grid nearly complete.

28. Lisa says:

oh man, NCIS LA, Castle & The Blacklist on at the same time. Well at least until Nov. when Blacklist goes on a hiatus. Thank goodness for Hulu Plus.

29. Martina says:

My name is Martina & I’m a TV addict, I’ll be watching:
    Sunday – Madame Secretary (DVR Once), Good Wife, revenge
    Monday – Mom, Sleepy Hollow, Blacklist (DVR NCIS:LA)
    Tuesday – NCIS, NCIS:NO, Chicago Fire (DVR Person of Interest)
    Wednesday – Middle, Goldbergs, SVU (DVR Modern Family), Chicago PD (DVR Nashville)
    Thursday – Grey’s (DVR Bones), Scandal, Elementary (DVR Parenthood)
    Friday – Grimm, Blue Bloods

30. JC1 says:

Sunday: Once Upon a Time
    Monday: Scorpion, NCIS LA, Blacklist, Castle
    Tuesday: NCIS, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter
    Wednesday: Nothing
    Thursday: Blacklist (when it moves), Elementary
    Friday: Hawaii Five-0, Grimm
    The Mentalist whenever it comes back.
    So ABC – 4, CBS – 6, NBC – 2. There’s a couple of other midseason NBC shows (Odyssey, Emerald City) I’m interested in possibly checking out too, when we get a little more information about them.

31. €hrome Alien says:

I don’t see The Mentalist on that schedule, on any of those days.(Why ?)

32. Samantha says:

Ugh, Tuesdays at 9 are impossible! I have to choose between New Girl/The Mindy Project, Supernatural, AND Agents of SHIELD now?! Those are all must-watch TV in my apartment. Thank god I have two TVs and a DVR.

• Sarah says:

I was just coming here to write the same thing. I’m also interested in Marry Me. The DVR will be getting a workout.

33. jenna says:

monday: gotham, blacklist/state of affairs
    tuesday: mindy project, marry me, person of interest, cougar town (assuming it stays on tuesdays)
    wednesday: the 100 (as long as the adults survive), blackish
    thursday: A to Z, blacklist, HTGAWM
    friday: whose line is it anyway

34. Geoff Gentry says:

Can we get one for Cable Networks!

• CUBuckeye says:

Yes please! I know it would be impossible to do ALL of them, but I need to know how bad my Sunday nights are going to be! And where Top Chef will fit in… :)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Sorry but simply not feasible, as cable networks each run on their own timetable/cycles. There would be approximately 73 asterisks and footnotes.

35. Britt says:

Who wants to vote on what will get cancelled first? Also is Utopia going to repeat on Fridays? They totally could have used that to put on another show instead.

36. Brenda J. says:

What happened to Resurrection? The episode before the finale was one of the best.

37. Brenda J. says:

Oh duh. It was right there in front of me. LOL. I missed it. Thanks.

38. sue says:

what happened to CSI ??? It was on Wed @ 10pm then changed to Sun @ 10pm but I don’t see it in Sundays line-up.

39. John says:

Thursday Night Football is going up against BONES. Looks like thursday Night Football is gonna take a Major downward Spiral HIT!!!

40. keith says:

what about 24 did it only come back for this 12 episode season then go away again or are they gonna bring it back completely just wondering cause this is one of my favorite shows of all time

41. debby paige says:

The line up sucks for Wednesday. There has been nothing worth watching for the last 2 seasons, and this one isnt any better. For most parts nothing deacent to watch any night or any channel.

42. Jenn says:

Thursdays are impossible… I will have to give up shows are get another DVR… I hope the schedule changes up alil.

43. Laura says:

CBS. Please bring back Intelligence.

44. Trina says:

I hate NCIS LA moving to Mondays. I hate the Blacklist being moved mid season vs Scandal!

45. rindy says:

What is the matter with the programmers? I think Tuesday, Thursday. and Friday are a mess. Too many possibly good shows on at once!

46. Nelda says:

When is the beginning of midseason?

47. Unfortunate that all 3 networks are putting great shows on at the same night and time slot. Monday night 10PM I guess I get to do as always and watch 2 of them on Wednesday where there is not one show slotted the entire night that I watch.
    Overall I see a weak weak year for network TV. the only new shows that looks at all interesting are Gotham, Heroes Reborn, and Aquarius. I miss not seeing the Mentalist on the schedule.

48. TinLV says:

I hate that there is so little worth watching on Saturday nights..Fridays are awful, too. Major networks are the worst, but Cable isn’t much better. They seem to think the whole country is out of the house on weekends and those of us who do stay home aren’t worth programming for. Too many reality shows, repeats, sports and news programs.. boring. What was that line in the Dire Straits song ? 57 channels and nothing on.. Well, there are more like 200 channels now and on weekends there is still nothing on.

49. terry says:

why more ncis:lato monday night and why didn”t more person of interest to monday and have ncis:no to 1o;oopm on tue

50. Peggy says:

Why do you put Criminal Minds and Law & order oppsite each other, I really like both.