TVLine Items: Bigger Sleepy Hollow, Sean Bean's Legends Moves, Little Pony Renewed and More

Sleepy Hollow Season 2Sleepy Hollow is returning in a big way for Season 2, with Fox upping the number of episodes to at least 15.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC Orders to Series Katherine Heigl’s CIA Drama, Russian Spy Thriller and Odyssey

Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly tells Vulture that producers are prepping for between 15 and 18 episodes in the drama’s sophomore outing, up from 13 in Season 1.

“We’re in series production now,” Reilly says. “We’ve got our writers’ staff up and running. We’ll start shooting in May. … There will be no preemptions [except maybe] one over the World Series or a holiday.”

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The Hub Network’s My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has been renewed for Season 5, to premiere in 2015.

* Terry Crews has been named the new host of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. Crews, who also stars on Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine, will begin as the host of Season 13 this fall, taking over for current host Cedric the Entertainer.

* TNT has moved up the series premiere of Legends, its new FBI drama starring Sean Bean, by one week, to Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 9/8c. (Franklin & Bash is still set to open Season 4 on Aug. 20.)

* ABC is bringing back its real-life hospital series NY Med. The eight-part series, premiering June 24 at 10/9c, will follow doctors at Manhattan’s New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Newark’s University Hospital.

* HBO has renewed news magazine series Vice for Seasons 3 and 4, debuting in 2015 and 2016.

1. S. says:

Oh, so Sean Bean’s character will die one week later. That’s nice.

2. Moxie says:

I vote for 18.

3. Margaret says:

I’m excited that NY Med is coming back!! I know it’s a massive project, so that’s probably why it’s only on every other year, but I’m glad it will be back this summer!

4. Alicia says:

I vote for 22!

• Nicole says:

I actually think it would be better if they had a shorter season. No more than 15. It’ll keep things more interesting and there wouldn’t need to be any filler episodes.

• Jerry says:

Agreed. If more episodes means non-serial filler I’ll pass and just go with a shorter season.

I will accept one episode where Ichabod just walks around a mall, though.

• amy says:

Hahaha! Yes, he has to stop by either the Gap or Lucky Jeans! Seriously, though, the shorter season, though, well, short, does make for a really solid set of episodes. Plus, when the networks start moving toward the season formula that British and cable channels stick to, we’re more likely to not just get one set of superb episodes, but a broader set of new programs with equally good eps.

• J says:

I would totally be okay with a filler episode on this, haha. I really want him to discover retro fashion. Stuff that is current, but has a flair from his time.

15 action packed always moving episodes > 22 mediocre filler episodes with serial info sprinkled very

• Angela says:

Hahaha, that’d be very entertaining indeed :D. I’d watch that.
          15 episodes is good. However many they get, though, I don’t care-I’m just looking forward to the show coming back.

5. wingsstef says:

Hmm, N.Y, Meds sounds interesting. I might check it out this time around.

6. Eddie G says:

I’d rather have 15 great Sleepy’s than 18 or 22. Tread carefully Fox, you’re still on my naughty list for canceling Almost Human

• silveraynea says:

This.

• Jason says:

Mine too

• RobD381 says:

Fox cancelled “almost human”? Late to the wake, sorry. Who said Network Execs had brains. A series is 22 by the way, Fox. Stupid little greedy men in my opinion.

• Cory says:

Fortunately FOX is moving away from 22 episode seasons. I LOVE Sleepy Hollow but this is a perfect decision, something like SPN might be able to get away with it or CSI but how could anyone wish mediocrity on the show like that? Some fans.

• Hello Yellow says:

FOX’s axe falls swift and fast! Sleepy Hollow has to bring their A game each and every episode! The pressure is on their can be no filler episodes regardless of the amount of episodes. Almost Human, Rake, Surviving Jack etc. have all fell at the mercy of the FOX channel only to be discarded to the tv waste land!

• Hello Yellow says:

Oh how I agree to this! I prefer quality to quantity and can we just get to watch Sleepy Hollow without a three week break here then a four week break there! Im still bummed about Almost Human, FOX aired the episodes out of sequence and just did other things to muck up their programming to then cancel the show! Since the fall how many show has FOX cancelled? Like five or six? I lost count! Glad to hear about Sleepy Hollow! FOX dont mess up this show and any new show that starts, please give the show time to get its footing!

7. webly3 says:

I heard NY Med was great last year. I will watch season two.

8. WTactualF says:

Bronie

9. J says:

I hope they don’t do more than 15. I though 13 was great. I’d be okay with 15 if they did it like they did for season 1, not filler episodes. I love that something major happens every episodes.

People wonder why Walking Dead started getting less interested after season 1, I definitely think it had to do with the fact that they went from 6 episodes in a season to 21 or 22.

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Walking Dead does 16 episodes a season.

• herman1959 says:

I feel like with the additions to regular cast at the end of last season plus one or two new cast members for season 2, I could see 18 episodes working for Sleepy Hollow. The 2-part finale left us with the potential for quite a few story arcs – it’s going to be a big season. Either way, I’m just glad to hear they are going into production.

10. kendal ledesma says:

Love sleepy hallow! Season 2? When?