Once Upon a Time Finale First Look: Dancing, Romancing, [Spoiler]'s Ex, Ruby's Back and More

There’s plenty to lay your peepers on and process in this king’s ransom of photos from Once Upon a Time‘s two-hour season finale.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on 23 Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

In the double dip of “Snow Drifts” and ”There’s No Place Like Home” — which was written as a two-hour Season 3 finale (beginning at 8/7c on ABC) — as Mary Margaret and David celebrate the naming of their son at a coronation in (of course) Granny’s Diner, Emma and Hook get sucked into the time portal Zelena created and land in the Enchanted Forest of the past.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin Teases Baby Naming, Season 3′s Secret Final Scene

There/then, as Emma and Hook plot to return “home,” they must also be careful not to change anything, or else (as Marty McFly taught us) risk altering the lives of their friends and family as well as their very own existence.

Are you looking forward to the time warp? Any last guesses for Baby Charming’s “significant” name, or what the super-secret final scene will reveal about Season 4?

1. English says:

My sister pointed out that with Emma, the baby is Henry’s Uncle but with Regina he is his Step-Nephew…. lol

• TAB says:

Lol the family tree is so confusing…

• Deion says:

Wouldn’t that be step-grandson?

• Steph says:

I’m really, really hoping the baby will be named Graham. I can’t think of anyone more deserving of the honour! He lost his free will and his life in the name of protecting the Charming family. He saved Snow, he played a big role in getting Emma to stay in Storybrooke in season 1… Emma still wears his shoelace on her wrist… He seems like the perfect person to honour, if you ask me! It’s always lovely to use a family name, but Graham was a complete stranger and did so much for them anyway. And the writers said they wished they had been able to bring Jamie back for the finale but couldn’t due to scheduling… so this would be a really nice nod to him!

• EL says:

thats a really thoughtful idea! Plus, its old school enough to work in both worlds. It’s also my little brothers name, and I just love him; so its got a special meaning to me.

• Luana says:

I’m really, really hoping the baby will be named DANIEL! <2

• JC says:

Yeeaaaaah no. “Hey Regina, you know our son who you helped to save? We’re going to name him Graham, in honor of that guy, you know, that you kept as a sex slave and then murdered? Oh oops, guess you hadn’t told Robin about that one, huh. Sorry!”

• Deion says:

Wait. I get it. Related to Henry two ways. Yes. Confusing.

• sharialynn says:

Modern Family. LOL

• Francisco says:

What I don’t get it’s that if Ginnifer Goodwin haven’t gave birth in real life yet, how can she film scenes pre-baby bump? Are they recycling old footage because they seem like new scenes… CONFUSED

• Stormy says:

They could have been filmed in advance as soon as she knew she was pg but before she started to show.

• Jessica M says:

Or they could do what a lot of shows do (How I Met Your Mother comes to mind) and just block her stomach with creative camera angles and specifically placed objects. I imagine carrying around a baby in her arms will do pretty well to hide her belly for awhile.

2. Toni-ann says:

Emma and Hook are so cuteeeeeee

3. JC says:

“Muffler repairs”…..ROFL. Great captions as always. I’m looking forward to this. While season 3B hasn’t been perfect, it’s been much better than the Neverland arc of 3A, and I hope whatever the plans are for season four, they include a lot of Storybrooke (and Ruby). I just feel like the show is better when it’s focused on the town instead of sending the characters traveling through other realms.

4. Marco says:

Is the Killian Emma’s dancing with the alternate version, since he has both hands? And seriously, who isn’t expecting them to change something and thus make Storybrooke very different next season?

• Jenna857 says:

He wears a fake hand instead of a hook a lot, I noticed. When he was preventing Henry from stealing the yellow bug a few episodes back, he had the fake hand on. My guess is they do this so Colin O’Donoghue doesn’t always have to wear the fake hook and can just act like his real hand is a fake one.

• AA7903 says:

It seems that he wears the fake hand when the hook would stand out – this he wore it while in NY and in Storybrooke before Henry got his memories back, then the hook came back. And now being back in the Enchanted Forest, as, whomever they are, the hook would probably draw unwanted attention.

• David says:

From the pictures, it looks he has a fake hand instead of the hook. In all of the pictures of them dancing, his hand looks very stiff in that position.

• Moxie says:

The fingers on the hand where the hook should be are always straight in the pictures, so that is probably a fake hand. The hook would have been conspicuous.

5. AJ says:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Hook is wearing something other than that leather get-up

6. Moxie says:

So are Hook and Emma some how thrown into the past in order to stop Zelena? If so, they landed in the wrong time period.

7. Addie says:

Kathryn is at the party because Snow and Charming decided to teach their son what happens when you get cursed with new identities- which is why Whale delivered him. The pictures of Baby Charming with his family are adorable and how much do you want to bet Henry is reading him the “Snow Falls” portion of the book? Let’s hope Emma and Hook don’t mess up the past too much! Though I saw a theory that maybe Emma helps Snow in some way (maybe saves her from being executed?) and that’s how she got her name. It could work, especially in an episode where we are going to be learning her brother’s significant name.

8. trainwreck says:

Jennifer Morrison looks STUNNING!

9. zacqua10 says:

Theory time:
    Emma and Hook mess up the timeline by accident, making them have to fix it. By them fixing it it makes the fairytales happen the way we all know they happened. They then have to pull the strings to make them happen the way they need to for Storybrooke to be created, thus making them somehow write the book. Then they send the book to MM in Storybrooke somehow. Why else would they make a big deal about the book randomly appearing in the chest for MM? Also, wasn’t it mentioned somewhere this season how you can transport items through time like we saw back in season 1 with the apple. Hmmm….

• imissdonuts says:

This is a brilliant theory!

• murley says:

That could be really cool.

• Gail says:

I love your theory. Going to the past can change so many things. What happens if they meet David’s brother or stop him from getting killed, thinking it was David? It would be so cool if Emma and Hook wrote the book.

• Aide Villegas says:

So much confusion…stop guessing at what might happen and be patient because we always assume one thing but an entire different plot twist will most likely happen…we don’t know and will not know until we watch the finale on Sunday…please and thankyou.

10. AudreyCatburn says:

Oh my god… that DRESS. EMMA SWAN… GURRRRL lookin’ mighty fine.

11. Seriously? They are splitting ppl up again? *eyeroll*

12. Louise says:

I cant see the finale ending well, with emma and hook back in the enchanted forest during such a time, any messing with the characters could be bad news and the close proximity to her parents and enemys is not good. I’m excited for that storyline to develop but bad things are coming me thinks.

• Mel says:

Agreed. Now this is going to sound outlandish but I have felt something off about Hook for most of 3b. The amount of times he as made reference to Emma’s heart and magic is quiet unnerving. My guess is he is after her heart and it’s got something to do with Tinkerbell–or whoever she really is. Remember Eddy said Fairies are created not born? (My two guesses for who she really is are either Glinda or Zelena) And now I am going to go really out there and say that Emma’s heart isn’t actually her own. I mean sure she was born with it, but I have a feeling it belonged to someone else before. Not sure how or why–maybe connected to the Lake Nostos water Snow drank or something Rumple put in that potion that Charming drank.

13. Well, Marty did change his family’s past for the better, so maybe they should follow his example, lol.

14. Barbie says:

Yes, I’ve watched this show for years and the only thing I got from this was “Ruby is back.” YAY! My favorite character ever. I hate that they disappeared with her.

15. WTactualF says:

Hook, Emma! Ruby! Baby charming! Belle, Rumple wedding!

I can’t wait for the finale!

16. LuLu says:

OMG! Hook has new cloths.

17. Amanda says:

What if it’s a reboot of some sorts like back to the future? I mean, what if they stop the curse from ever happening and next year they start the season as if they kept Emma and she started to grow up in the enchanted forest….throw a few gray hairs in MaryDavid and they face the next big bad which is a undead Zelena and Regina combo! Just saying….

18. Liza says:

Baby name Leo???? After Snow’s Dad. Love that Hook is in other clothes. He looks hot!

19. Pat says:

Cannot wait for Sunday night. Hook looks absolutely handsome and Emma looks beautiful and she has a big radiant smile on her face, something I had not seen her have in Storybrooke. Yes she smiled occasionally, but not like in those pictures above with Hook! Love it!!!

20. 777 says:

On a side note, I really am surprise how Emma keeps saying she’s taking Henry back to NY and nobody think it’s important to remind her that it won’t go over easily with his other mother, the woman who raised him for 11 years. I find it annoyingly selfish.

• Michelle says:

Thank you!! Every time she says that I have a huge desire to throw something at my TV!

• Gail says:

I asked on another thread, does the adaption of Henry still exist? With Regina giving them new memories, did that negate the adaption? The outside world wasn’t cursed so breaking the curse wouldn’t change what Regina did last year. Would Regina have given Henry a new birth certificate with Emma as mother?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I think we can put this “great mystery” to bed. Regina gave them false memories. In the world as it actually existed, Regina adopted Henry.

21. Mary says:

This season finale looks AMAZING! “Snow Falls” is my favorite season 1 episode, so I’m really excited to see bits of it again!
    Emma looks so pretty and happy with Hook! I love them together so much, and I hope Emma realices that home is not nyc but being in Storybrooke with her family and friends and opening to the possibility of love with Killian.

22. Christina says:

Definitely loving the theory that Emma and Hook have a hand in writing the Story Book.

23. Katie says:

Awww, look at all those smiles in the dancing pictures! Super cute.

I’m just really hoping they don’t pull a “Eureka” and change the timeline, I don’t think I could handle it.

• JC says:

Ha, I’ve been thinking about Eureka too. I bet there will be at least some changes – that’s probably how they end up with Will (the Knave) next season.

• Katie says:

They’d have to stick to pretty minor changes for me to be okay with it, or things like bringing Will in that don’t necessarily change much for the main characters. For me, the reason it worked in Eureka is because enough of the main characters remembered the original timeline that it didn’t undermine everything that had already happened. Whereas if only Emma and Hook are going back, everyone else will forget the original timeline, and that just doesn’t seem right, unless the changes are really minor and don’t do away with a lot of the big emotional moments and character development that’s happened over the past three seasons.

24. ninergrl6 says:

I’m SO EXCITED about Hook & Emma time traveling together that I can hardly contain myself! That could be an entire series IMO. The pix of Emma with her baby brother are super cute too.

25. Luli says:

I love all the Charming family/Snow and Emma moments. I think they are the best part of the show.

26. Charlotte says:

baby Daniel after reginas dead love… possibility and Captain Swan all the way!

• Cory says:

Oh! I love that! Naming the new Charming Baby Daniel! A way of thanking Regina for her shift to good and helping them all get to a better place!

• Stormy says:

Why would they name him Daniel? That’s Regina’s love and she has nothing to do with Baby Charming.

27. Luis says:

Oh, thank goodness, Ruby’s back from Purgatory, I mean CBS. Are they tying her down this time?

28. Ana says:

I am so so happy!! My Emma & Hook heart is singing :)
    Emmy’s arc this season was “believe that a lost girl can find her way home”. Killian’s was about believing that a pirate can be a hero. He proved to be a true hero throughout the whole season; nor just by helping save Henry and saving David’s life but by ceaselessly supporting Emma and loving her no matter how hard she pushed him and fought her own heart. He reads her like an open book and can see right through her defense mechanisms.
    I cannot wait to see Emma finally choose her happy future; her real home. With her parents, Henry and Killian Jones :)

29. DiverKlein says:

Changing the past doesn’t change a persons future/present. It creates an alternate timeline that branches off the original. The original is in fact, untouched. Its the only explanation of time travel that can make sense. Otherwise, you go back and step on a bug that cascades into somehow making your grandmother not be born, thus your mother was never born…thus preventing you from going back in time to step on the bug in the first place…

My head hurts. I hate time travel eps.

• Addie says:

I could have sworn that at one point, Adam and Eddy both said they’d never do time-travel stuff (other than portal-jumping to places where time is frozen/the thing Regina did to get the apple back in S1). I kind of wish they’d stuck with that promise but if it’s only for the finale I can deal with it.

• Amy says:

not entirely though …no if it was always meant to happen…there has always been some dots that didn’t connect in ‘Snow Falls’ and 7.15 etc) …how did Charming find Snow’s hideout so easy…how did he find the cabin in the woods …Red seemed to know Charming when he showed up after Snow told him she didn’t love him because of George’s threat (and fine he was a prince but Charming seemed to know Red too) ..plus we don’t really know how long their adventure to get the ring back from the trolls was…it may have been more than one day and we just saw the middle and end…there are other things too..things that may have been brushed off as plot holes or so we thought that really just needed filling in…I’m not saying they always planned this but Emma and Hook going to the past may have been what always happened…plus Hook has always been sure of Emma and how she feels and that they’d be together…he even thought True Loves Kiss would work…he may have thought ‘Emma’ was a dream in the past up until even that kiss in Neverland…and then realized she was the real thing and he really ran into himself and her .. although I’m ‘sure’ some kink will present itself

Great Pics…Morrison looks stunning and I’m super excited to see the finale…

• Addie says:

You’re correct that we don’t really know how much time passed in between “Snow Falls” and “7:15″ and I totally never thought about Red seeming like she knew who Charming was instead of being freaked out by the random dude asking her where Snow went. And yeah, everyone assumed “Snow Falls” took place over a few hours, but it could have easily been a longer amount of time. This will be an interesting episode for sure!

• Kip Ladd says:

In the snow execution pics she is wearing the black magic powder stuff around her neck.

• Joey says:

There are some theories about time travel that the time line is already set, and has essentially already accounted for a person’s traveling into the past, so essentially they don’t change anything, i.e. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

• Amy says:

Well Mary Margaret also told Emma she had the strangest feeling like she meet her before when she bailed her out of jail…I mean we’ve always assumed it was because she held her as a baby but maybe it was because she really did meet her before…and maybe Emma is named after that nice girl Emma that saved Snow from the Evil Queen all those years before…

Also as far as Will coming on the show…I know that in the original pilot had the wraith and Wonderland was to take place then but that was taken out and I don’t think they ever established when it actually took place after that…it’s possible the Will sneaks into the whatever portal Emma and Hook use to get back, which is what he was always meant to do…after all he couldn’t have come with the first curse with his heart in a box.. I mean he’d not know who he was or why he had a heart in a box, so Wonderland can pick up when Socha leaves the main show or when the main show is over…

30. Leny1 says:

All i want is Emma to finally realise where she belongs, its now the place – its with the ppl she loves/cares for her – she has family, son, and also love… if she accepts all this, this is what i want to see…Lost Girl finding, getting home
    Cant wait to see Emma/Hook journey and adventure and finally coming together with each other!

31. Gil says:

Emma = Buttercup, lady in red and we already have Westley ;)
    Hook i think falls in the portal with her, there is no way he is losing her and not go after her!
    I cant wait to see what Emma sees when she sees her parents meeting and falling for each other, and see how her parents and how much they fought for eachother and combine it how she also has Hook, who has always come back to her and devoted to her, and seeing some similar things happen with them, coz Emma/Hook have paralleled Snowing. Here’s hoping Emma finally comes and know where and who home is! And thats the leap of faith i want her to get and embrace, she deserves it.
    Rooting for Emma! and Emma/Hook!!!

I was thinking they name the baby James after Charming’s brother.

We also will probably see hints to season 4 villian?

• Lia says:

He didn’t know James well and every time some info about him comes along to us or to David is something bad (how he was so full of himself, how he played Tiny and killed giants).

32. Kate says:

What is so funny about these pictures is clearly we are in green screen for the ball or whatever, but I didn’t even notice when the picture was mainly focused on Emma and Hook dancing (and can I randomly say I sort of like how his real name is almost becoming like her mother calling David, Charming all the time – like other people know it and sometimes use it but when she wants him to listen (when she hasn’t been in full push him away mode like in the last two episodes) she always calls him Killian.

33. Seuss says:

I love Emma and Hook getting screen time together, but going back into time worries me. I mean might Hook bump into his ex? I smell trouble.

• Leny1 says:

They only going going back to when Snowing met as far as i can see, and Milah and him thing was over years ago!
      We might get to see vengeful Captain Hook, if he meets his past self!

• Iris says:

Leny1 is right. Milah died about 250 years before Charming and Snow met. So no trouble there. But I smell trouble for Outlaw Queen – Marian is listed (and the actress mentioned something spoilery about the shooting) and well… Regina then wasn’t really… good xD. So I won’t be surprised if the two of them crossed paths.
      All in all, I am sooo excited for the finale! :)

34. Iris says:

Actually, about the villain. We still don’t know anything about Hook’s father. I keep wondering if that comes into play, as we only heard that he “left”. But there are still many background stories yet to explore and I have utter faith in the creators so… :D

35. Addie says:

I’m also excited to see Emma’s reaction to FTL Rumpelstiltskin (as seen in the promo), that should be classic! I wonder if he’ll know who she is?

36. rachelle says:

I’m hoping Emma comes to her senses soon. I’ve lost interest and her and can’t even bring myself to enjoy these pictures of her and Hook. Hook deserves to be treated better then she’s been treating him. On the other hand, the finale looks super exciting. I’m begging the TV gods not to cause any separations between the main cast that lasts into the 4th season or alter everything to the point that all the progress that we’ve made in the past three seasons is ruined. I’m very excited to see Outlaw Queen get closer. I hope Robin and Regina have some good scenes on Sunday!

• Addie says:

I’m not even touching the “Hook deserves to be treated better” comment. Really? How about Emma deserves better than Hook?

• rachelle says:

It used to be that way, but she hasn’t been acting like someone who deserves better than Hook lately. She’s been dismissing him and doubting him when he’s proven himself over and over again.

• Addie says:

Then maybe that means she’s not that into him? And he should back off a bit? I really hope you don’t have daughters if you actually think Emma is the one being mean.

• rachelle says:

Sigh. Here we go. You act like Hook is sexually harassing her. He just keeps professing himself. Maybe he should back off. I don’t care. Their “love” story is uninteresting to me. I like Hook and Emma has been acting like a selfish brat. I think he deserves to be treated better because of Emma’s selfish behavior overall. That’s my opinion and I’m allowed to it without having to deal with some random on the internet judging me and telling me they hope I don’t have daughters.

• Seuss says:

I feel ya, Rachelle. I don’t like men or women characters to look weak. I don’t like when a woman takes a guy’s crap or vice-versa; and the past few eps, I def feel like Hook is putting up with too much of her crap. We need our feisty pirate back. Arrrhhh. (okay, ignore that last part.)

• Freya says:

Definitely. Emma has shown multiple times that she at least cares for him, so just based on that alone she doesn’t need to keep treating him like she has been.

37. kath says:

Really looking forward to see Emma and Hook travel back in time. It sounds like a fun episode.

• kath says:

I’m glad Jennifer Morrison finally got to wear a princess dress but she should be wearing gloves for the ball scene. Could Hook not find her a pair?

38. Mark says:

I just hope they have a plausible explanation for why only those two where sucked down the rabbit hole and back to the enchanted forest and its not another attempt by the produces to force this relationship on us….

39. 111 says:

That look on Emma’s face in the first pic… did the Charming’s name the baby Neal?

40. kb1111 says:

Aww Emma is finally smiling at Hook…Now kiss him dammit!!

41. I think they should name him Merlin……as one of the greatest wizards ever, it would fit…lol

42. SK says:

Can’t wait for the season finale this Sunday! Love that Ruby’s back although I do have Intelligence gets renewed.
    On another note, I don’t understand why people would think that the new prince would/should be named Graham (sheriff/woodsman – so he saved her life but so did others in the past.), Neal (He’s Rumple’s son and Emma’s love, not Snow’s.) or Daniel (He’s Regina’s love, not Snow’s.) I don’t think it can be Arthur either because Snow met Sir Lancelot in FTL, didn’t she? It makes more sense to name him Leo after Snow’s father.

43. Matthew b Lawler says:

Apparently several fans have a very bad case of amnesia Emma and hook will not be writing the storybook and magic portaling it to snow it has been established Pinocchio wrote the story book remember he used it to convince Neil to leave Emma so she could fulfil her destiny as the savior

• Nicole says:

Pinocchio didn’t write the book. He just added the Pinocchio story. And the only way he convinced Neal was that he wrote I know who you are, which I don’t really get but whatever. I’m pretty sure even the creators have said that he didn’t write the book.

44. Matthew b Lawler says:

We all know the writers will make snow and charming name the baby Neil to everyone’s utter disappointment

45. Gail says:

I am assuming they will use old footage of Snow and perhaps a body double and close ups for any new footage with her interacting with Emma and Hook. My guess for the final scene will be Emma and Hook returning to the present and seeing that everything has changed.

46. Aide Villegas says:

But I do like the theories and assumptions…very interesting.